Adobe Camera Raw 8.6 and DNG Converter 8.6 now available
Adobe has made final release versions of Camera Raw 8.6 and DNG Converter 8.6 available. This update adds support for the Nikon D810, Panasonic Lumix AG-GH4 (GH4 with interface unit) and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000, as well as several bug fixes. Color profiles are added for the Sony Cyber-shot RX100 III, A7S and Alpha SLT-A77 II. Also included are a number of new lens profiles. See below for a full list of lenses and cameras supported by ACR and DNG Converter 8.6.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.6
- Nikon D810
- Panasonic LUMIX AG-GH4
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.6
- Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6
- Schneider Kreuznach LS 40-80mm f/4.0-5.6 (Phase One A/S)
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013 (Pentax and Sony Alpha)
- Sony 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye
- Sony 28mm f/2.8
- Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro
- Sony DT 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6
- Sony DT 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony 70-200mm f/2.8G
- Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM
- Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM
- Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II
- Sony 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] STF
- Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II
- Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010E (Canon and Nikon)
- Tamron 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 DiIII VC B011EM (Canon)
- Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
Please note - the profile for the newly added Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens is not automatically located when applying lens profile corrections. This is a bug and we will fix it in a future release. The workaround is to:
- Manually select the profile and choose "Save New Lens Profile Defaults" in the Setup menu on the Profile tab. From then on, the lens should automatically select when the profile is enabled.
Camera Raw 8.6 adds camera matching color profiles for the following camera models:
- Sony DSC-RX100 III
- Sony A7S (ILCE-7S)
- Sony Alpha SLT-A77 II (ILCA-77M2)
Camera Raw 8.6 introduces the following new features for Photoshop CC customers:
- Improved performance when batch processing images via the Save button (in Camera Raw) and when converting images to DNG (in DNG Converter). The performance improvements are available only on 64 bit systems.
- Fixed crash on launch in some cases on Hi DPI (Retina) systems.
- Fixed crash when opening some Sigma SD9 raw files.
- Fixed issue with JPEG images saved by Camera Raw not readable in some external applications.
- Fixed automatic lens profile selection for Leica M (Typ 240) when using most recent firmware version.
- Fixed issue with some Hasselblad H5D-50c and H5D-60 3FR raw images appearing slightly too dark. Unfortunately, this fix may affect the appearance of existing images captured with this combination of settings. It is recommended that you (1) purge the Camera Raw cache via the Camera Raw Preferences dialog, and (2) review previously captured images for unexpected brightness changes.
- Fixed bug with converting Nikon D810 and Nikon D4S sRaw files to DNG.
- Tweaked and updated the Adobe Standard color profile for the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacts customers that used Camera Raw 8.6 RC with the Nikon D810.
Please note - If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation:
Jan 16, 2017
Jun 13, 2017
Feb 4, 2017
Jan 21, 2017
|Body Only, Base|
|w/ 24-120mm, Base|
|w/ Event lens, Base|
|w/ Portrait lens, Base|
|w/ Super Zoom lens, Base|
|Nikon D810 FX-format Digital SLR Film Makers Kit w/ AF-S...|
|Nikon D810 FX-Format DSLR Camera with 24-70mm Lens|
|Nikon D810 FX-Format DSLR Camera with 55-200mm Lens|
By combining his skills as a time-lapse filmmaker and an engineer, Julian Tryba created this out-of-this-world creative 'layer-lapse' of New York City that alternates between night and day in time with the music.
Canon Japan's new lineup of novelty camera-themed gifts was just revealed online, including a lens mug and lens thermos, two retro camera-themed USB drives, and a picnic mat.
The Profoto A1 most certainly isn’t for everyone [...] But for those who are used to using the Profoto systems, and want something that pairs seamlessly with the strobes you already have, there is no better companion.
Fujifilm has asked a US district court to clear it of any wrongdoing, after allegedly being threatened with trademark litigation by Polaroid.
While a couple of our reviewers are out testing the Sony a7R III in Arizona, back in Seattle we slapped the camera in front of our studio scene to get a close look at its image quality. See how it stacks up against the competition.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017, and the #8 ranking belongs to the Nikon D7500.
B+W has announced a new aluminum filter holder that offers three slots so users can use multiple filters at the same time. The holder goes with the 2mm thick 100mm square filters it launched earlier this year.
8K video is coming a lot faster than you think, and Blackmagic is ready for it. Meet the DeckLink 8K Pro, a new high performance PCI-E capture and playback card built to handle 'real time high resolution 8K workflows.'
"Glass is everywhere in photography. From Eugène Atget’s reflective vitrines to Lee Friedlander’s sly self-portraiture, photographers have long been in thrall to the visual complications glass can inject into a composition."
Former Apple Aperture lead developer Nik Bhatt has designed an iOS app called RAW Power that lets you edit raw photos from your professional camera using your phone and tablet.... color us intrigued.
Advertising photographer Blair Bunting got his hands on the new Microsoft Surface Book 2, and it blew him away. Bye bye MacBook Pro...
The OnePlus 5T retains many of the 5's features and specs, but comes with an edge-to-edge display and a dual-camera that is optimized for low light.
Sony's recently announced IMX461 backside illuminated medium format sensor will bring 100MP resolution and almost 2x the speed to the next-gen Fuji GFX and Hasselblad X1D.
With the ‘Rent a Hasselblad’ camera equipment renting program, the camera makers is aiming to give enthusiast and professional photographers easier access to its medium-format photography products.
They say seeing is believing, and that's exactly what happened when one DPR staffer took the Google Pixel 2 out for an afternoon shooting under challenging conditions.
We're counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017. At the #9 spot we have the Fujifilm GFX 50S, a medium-format camera that took CP+ 2017 by storm.
Instagram is testing a new feature that lets you follow hashtags in addition to people, making it possible to keep track of your favorite #landscapes or #portraits without leaving your home feed.
Despite the gigantic volume of second hand film bodies in existence, it seems there is still a demand for new 35mm SLRs with a retro feel. The latest is a remake of the Ihagee Elbaflex from the 1960s, but with a Nikon F mount.
The Polaroid Insta-Share Moto Mod straps an instant printer directly to your Moto Z smartphone, so you can print your photos as soon as you've captured them.
The Mitakon Speedmaster 135mm F1.4 lens is being relaunched in 7 different mounts, including: Sony A, Sony E, Canon EF, Nikon F, Fujifilm G, Pentax K, and Leica L. Got an extra three grand lying around?
In January, Kodak announced it would bring back the beloved slide film Ektachrome. The timeline has been pushed back a bit, but Kodak says you can expect to purchase Ektachrome again in 2018.
Instagram popularity is threatening some of the most beautiful landscapes in the US, as hordes of 'nature lovers' trample over the same spots over and over again in search of the same exact shot.
You’d have to be pretty brave to immerse your $50K RED cinema camera underwater. But if you've got the guts, Gates just released a new housing you can be pretty sure won't wreck your unbelievably expensive toy.
Adobe has released a 'Lightroom Downloader' app for Windows 10 and macOS High Sierra that allows you to download all of your images from the Adobe Cloud, all at once.
After releasing a popular 4K action cam and an affordable mirrorless M43 camera, Chinese camera maker YI is diving into yet another market: 360° VR. Meet the YI 360 VR: a powerful little two-lens camera that can shoot and stream in 4K.
The DJI Spark has received a lot of attention thanks to its diminutive size, but how does it stack up? In our review, we take a look at what it's like to fly this pint-sized drone, as well as what's in it for photographers.
Between now and the end of the year we'll be counting down our top 10 most popular sample galleries of 2017. Coming in at #10 is a fast wide prime and part of the highly-acclaimed Sigma Art series.
DxOMark has awarded the Pentax 645Z 101 points, making it the second-highest scoring medium format camera it's tested (or the highest scoring from 2015 to now, based on the originally published results).
A small explosion that sounded like a gunshot caused a panic and 24 flight cancellations at Orlando International Airport last Friday. As it turns out, it was a camera battery that exploded inside a traveler's bag.
At last, a premium superzoom bridge camera with phase detect autofocus. Is this the best all-in-one camera ever made? Read on.