ACD Systems has today released FotoSlate 3.0. FotoSlate is a comprehensive photo printing application designed to make it easier to print your photos. Photos can be printed as full page images or with a variety of templates such as cards, calendars and contact sheets. FotoSlate also features color management including EXIF 2.2 and ICC color profile support. FotoSlate three includes new features such as 'Paper Saver' for printing as many photos on one page as possible, EXIF 2.2 and ICC support, image resampling filters and more. ACD FotoSlate 3.0 is priced at $39.99, you can download a free trial version from the ACD Systems website..
New features for FotoSlate 2.0 users
- Create calendars, greeting cards and CD covers from your favorite photos.
- Use the Paper Saver wizard to automatically fit as many pictures as possible on one page.
- Frame your pictures before printing - choose from a number of beautiful frame designs.
- Stylize your pictures by 'cutting' them into shapes like ovals.
- Embellish and update the design of pages as you add photos, using the new Page Designer.
- Improve the print quality of low-resolution photos with image resampling filters.
- Create contact sheets in seconds using the contact sheet wizard.
- Ensure accurate color with EXIF 2.2 print support and ICC color profiles.
- Create pages in any size you choose.
Save your print layouts as images for sharing online or in slideshows.
New features for FotoSlate 1.0/1.1 users
- Easily create photo album pages, posters, contact sheets and more using FotoSlate's Page Designer. Also use the Designer to customize FotoSlate's 450+ pre-made layouts to your needs.
- Design pages easily by dragging and dropping areas for text and images.
- Layer photo and text elements using front-to-back ordering.
- Easily line up elements using grids, alignment tools and margin guides.
- Display information associated with an image automatically on a print, using the Designer's text linking feature. Great for quick contact sheets and index prints.
- View your FotoSlate print layouts in ACDSee, ACD mPower Tools and in ACD FotoAngelo 2.0 slideshows.
ACD Systems Releases ACD FotoSlate 3.0
New Features Include Breakthrough Technology that Dramatically Improves Print Quality of Images
VICTORIA, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 17, 2003--ACD Systems International Inc. (TSX:ASA), the digital imaging company and makers of ACDSee(TM), today released ACD FotoSlate 3.0, the new version of the company's popular photo printing program for the consumer and small business marketplace. The new program lets users create greeting cards, calendars and contact sheets, allows for accurate image color management, and features a breakthrough technology - ACD Clear IQZ - that allows users to dramatically improve the print quality of low-resolution photos.
ACD FotoSlate 3.0 is an affordable, easy-to-use program that enables consumers and professionals to print excellent quality digital photos and images by choosing from over 450 print pages or by designing custom-made pages using the new Page Designer. Through the program's editing and design features, users can easily adjust their design and arrangement of photos and text on pages. ACD FotoSlate 3.0 works with images obtained from digital cameras, scanners, CDs or the Internet.
Additional new features of FotoSlate 3.0 include:
- Creative Printing Wizards - including greeting card, calendar and contact sheet wizards
- Paper Saver Wizard - automatically optimizes a set of photos to fit on a sheet of paper
- Picture Frames - users can choose from numerous photograph frame designs
- Creative Project Page Designs - create T-shirt transfers and CD/DVD covers from the ACD page library
- EXIF 2.2 Print - view and use EXIF 2.2 Print (Exchangeable Image File Format) to get better prints from home printers
- Custom Paper Size - create any custom paper size
- Share Images - save print layouts as images for sharing online or in slideshows
- Borderless Prints - choose from borderless prints in standard paper sizes, such as 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10
- Stylize Tool - stylize photos by "cutting" them into shapes like ovals
- Professional Color Management - supports ICM 2.0 and ICC color profiles and ensures accurate color matching between the various devices of your computer, such as the monitor, printer and scanner
With over 85% of all digital images being printed on a home printer (InfoTrends Seminar, PhotoKina 2002), home printing continues to be the leading method for digital camera users to obtain prints of their photos.
"Lyra Research estimates that the total number of prints worldwide from digital cameras will grow from 2.8 billion to about 8 billion in this year," says Mike Zelen, president and chief executive officer of ACD Systems. "ACD FotoSlate 3.0, photo printing software, incorporates ACD Systems' proven digital management technology and is well positioned to assist the digital imaging market deal with large volumes of digital photos. ACD FotoSlate 3.0 addresses the need for a superior quality utility printing program that works with digital cameras, computers and printers."
Price and Availability
ACD FotoSlate 3.0 is available as a plug-in to ACDSee(TM) and ACD mPower Tools(TM) or as a stand-alone product. ACD FotoSlate 3.0 is available for $39.99 USD for the full version, or $19.99 USD for the upgrade from ACD FotoSlate 2.0. For more information visit our website at www.ACDSYSTEMS.com.
|Owens Valley Milky Way by ed rader|
from Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..
|Break by Hank3152|
from Motion blur
|Camp by T bird|
from A Big Year - birds
|The Maasai Shepherd by cgravel|
from - African Man - (Portrait in Black and White + A Border)
Riding a mountain bike downhill is dangerous enough in daylight, but potentially lethal at night. Which is where drones come in.
Rumors abound that Canon (and maybe Nikon) may produce a mirrorless camera based using their existing DSLR mount. Does this guarantee immediate great lens choice or a perpetually second-rate experience? Read more
According to rumors, the next camera from Nest will be able to capture 4K video, though that resolution will be only used for 'virtual' pan and tilt functions.
Boundary's Prima 'fully modular' backpack is expandable to 30L and has a removable camera case and tablet sleeve. Early Kickstarter backers can get one for $189.
Stanley Greene captured 'brutally honest' photographs in the war zones of the Middle East, Chechnya and Georgia. He was also one of the few African-American photographers working internationally.
Owners of Leica M cameras that suffer from peeling CCDs will be able to claim a free repair in the future so long as the camera was purchased within five years of the fault becoming apparent, the company has announced. Read more
No mic socket? No problem. In this video, Daniel Peters at Photo Gear News shows you how to make a lapel microphone using just a smartphone and a pair of earbuds.
The Carl Zeiss Jena BIOTAR 75mm F1.5 Red T lens is very rare and priced accordingly. It can be yours today for the low, low price of $15,000.
The MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) has developed a drone that does not require any human control for recording tracking shots. Read more
In this terrifying video, Iraqi journalist Ammar Alwaely narrowly misses a sniper's bullet, which takes out his chest-mounted GoPro. Warning: strong language. Watch the video
A new report expects action camera growth to increase about 15% by 2021, with Ultra HD cameras driving demand. Read more
Profiles for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom have been released for Irix's ultra-wide 11mm and 15mm primes. Like all profiles, these correct for distortion and vignetting.
An upcoming firmware update from DJI will cripple its drones unless they are 'activated' on the company's website. Live streaming will be turned off and flight radius/altitude will be limited.
Brent from ShareGrid rounds up the 10 most common products filmmakers are renting from one another for productions; chances are good you own one or more of them.
DaVinci Resolve is making strong moves to compete with Premiere and Final Cut Pro, including affordable control panels for colorists. According to Premium Beat, they're really good.
If you are not planning to fly your drone commercially you are not required to register it with the FAA anymore. This decision was handed down by a federal court in Washington, D.C.
Whether you're syncing a flash, wondering why banding is appearing in your image or getting strange images from your camera's silent shutter mode, the way your shutter works has a role to play. Here's what happens when you press the shutter button. Read more
William Vazquez travels all over the world documenting humanitarian work. He spoke to us about the challenges of his work, the importance of research and why a multitool and duct tape are your best friends in the field. Read more
These ten film cameras stand the test of time. They are easy to find, affordable and capable of excellent results. Read more
Photographer Aydın Büyüktaş uses a drone, 3-D rendering and Photoshop to create mind-bending landscapes.
They're offering tips for composing selfies and converting to black and white.
Whether you're seeking ultra-high resolution, first-rate autofocus or 4K video capture, there are some supremely capable 'semi-pro' cameras available. Find out which models we liked best in our updated semi-pro camera roundup. Read more
With composition specified by the director, drones may one day be able to navigate a movie set on their own.
Canon has made the previous version, 1.1.0 available for download again.
Impossible? Not if you have a fast lens and 5 stops of stabilization.
This 'strictly limited edition' is a refurbished original Polaroid 600 redesigned with a custom two-tone paint job.
Nikon today announced a reorganization of its corporate structure which will see several divisions and business units closed or merged. Read more
High school students from New York got he chance to shoot along with award-winning photojournalist Ron Haviv in Morocco.
VentureBeat reports that Monday's Surface Pro announcement will bring evolutionary updates to Microsoft's high-end Windows 10 tablet.