ACD Systems has today released FotoSlate 3.0. FotoSlate is a comprehensive photo printing application designed to make it easier to print your photos. Photos can be printed as full page images or with a variety of templates such as cards, calendars and contact sheets. FotoSlate also features color management including EXIF 2.2 and ICC color profile support. FotoSlate three includes new features such as 'Paper Saver' for printing as many photos on one page as possible, EXIF 2.2 and ICC support, image resampling filters and more. ACD FotoSlate 3.0 is priced at $39.99, you can download a free trial version from the ACD Systems website..
New features for FotoSlate 2.0 users
- Create calendars, greeting cards and CD covers from your favorite photos.
- Use the Paper Saver wizard to automatically fit as many pictures as possible on one page.
- Frame your pictures before printing - choose from a number of beautiful frame designs.
- Stylize your pictures by 'cutting' them into shapes like ovals.
- Embellish and update the design of pages as you add photos, using the new Page Designer.
- Improve the print quality of low-resolution photos with image resampling filters.
- Create contact sheets in seconds using the contact sheet wizard.
- Ensure accurate color with EXIF 2.2 print support and ICC color profiles.
- Create pages in any size you choose.
Save your print layouts as images for sharing online or in slideshows.
New features for FotoSlate 1.0/1.1 users
- Easily create photo album pages, posters, contact sheets and more using FotoSlate's Page Designer. Also use the Designer to customize FotoSlate's 450+ pre-made layouts to your needs.
- Design pages easily by dragging and dropping areas for text and images.
- Layer photo and text elements using front-to-back ordering.
- Easily line up elements using grids, alignment tools and margin guides.
- Display information associated with an image automatically on a print, using the Designer's text linking feature. Great for quick contact sheets and index prints.
- View your FotoSlate print layouts in ACDSee, ACD mPower Tools and in ACD FotoAngelo 2.0 slideshows.
ACD Systems Releases ACD FotoSlate 3.0
New Features Include Breakthrough Technology that Dramatically Improves Print Quality of Images
VICTORIA, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 17, 2003--ACD Systems International Inc. (TSX:ASA), the digital imaging company and makers of ACDSee(TM), today released ACD FotoSlate 3.0, the new version of the company's popular photo printing program for the consumer and small business marketplace. The new program lets users create greeting cards, calendars and contact sheets, allows for accurate image color management, and features a breakthrough technology - ACD Clear IQZ - that allows users to dramatically improve the print quality of low-resolution photos.
ACD FotoSlate 3.0 is an affordable, easy-to-use program that enables consumers and professionals to print excellent quality digital photos and images by choosing from over 450 print pages or by designing custom-made pages using the new Page Designer. Through the program's editing and design features, users can easily adjust their design and arrangement of photos and text on pages. ACD FotoSlate 3.0 works with images obtained from digital cameras, scanners, CDs or the Internet.
Additional new features of FotoSlate 3.0 include:
- Creative Printing Wizards - including greeting card, calendar and contact sheet wizards
- Paper Saver Wizard - automatically optimizes a set of photos to fit on a sheet of paper
- Picture Frames - users can choose from numerous photograph frame designs
- Creative Project Page Designs - create T-shirt transfers and CD/DVD covers from the ACD page library
- EXIF 2.2 Print - view and use EXIF 2.2 Print (Exchangeable Image File Format) to get better prints from home printers
- Custom Paper Size - create any custom paper size
- Share Images - save print layouts as images for sharing online or in slideshows
- Borderless Prints - choose from borderless prints in standard paper sizes, such as 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10
- Stylize Tool - stylize photos by "cutting" them into shapes like ovals
- Professional Color Management - supports ICM 2.0 and ICC color profiles and ensures accurate color matching between the various devices of your computer, such as the monitor, printer and scanner
With over 85% of all digital images being printed on a home printer (InfoTrends Seminar, PhotoKina 2002), home printing continues to be the leading method for digital camera users to obtain prints of their photos.
"Lyra Research estimates that the total number of prints worldwide from digital cameras will grow from 2.8 billion to about 8 billion in this year," says Mike Zelen, president and chief executive officer of ACD Systems. "ACD FotoSlate 3.0, photo printing software, incorporates ACD Systems' proven digital management technology and is well positioned to assist the digital imaging market deal with large volumes of digital photos. ACD FotoSlate 3.0 addresses the need for a superior quality utility printing program that works with digital cameras, computers and printers."
Price and Availability
ACD FotoSlate 3.0 is available as a plug-in to ACDSee(TM) and ACD mPower Tools(TM) or as a stand-alone product. ACD FotoSlate 3.0 is available for $39.99 USD for the full version, or $19.99 USD for the upgrade from ACD FotoSlate 2.0. For more information visit our website at www.ACDSYSTEMS.com.