Pentax unveils Optio RZ18 compact superzoom
Pentax has announced the Optio RZ18 - a compact superzoom camera with 18x zoom lens. The RZ18 combines a very flexible zoom range (25-450mm equivalent) with a 16MP image stabilized CCD sensor. It also features a 460,000 dot LCD and can shoot 720p HD video at 30 frames per second. The RZ18 will be available from October at a recommended price of $299.
PENTAX ANNOUNCES THE OPTIO RZ18 WITH 18X ZOOM
GOLDEN, CO. (September 12, 2011)…PENTAX Imaging Company announced the Optio RZ18 digital compact camera. Featuring a slim, lightweight body, the new model offers a powerful 18X optical zoom lens covering focal lengths from 25mm wide angle to 450mm super-telephoto (in the 35mm format). The Optio RZ18 is the latest addition to PENTAX Optio RZ zoom lens series, which provides photographers simple, effortless shooting of a wide variety of subjects and occasions, from travel and landscape to action and spectator sports.
The Optio RZ18 features include:
- Generous 18X zoom (equivalent to 25-450mm) with extra wide angle lens captures subjects near and far.
- High resolution 16 megapixel sensor for large prints or aggressive image cropping.
- Slim footprint for outstanding portability and inconspicuous use.
- Multiple PENTAX Shake Reduction (SR) image stabilization options, including sensor-shift SR, for sharp images in any lighting.
- Large 3 inch LCD with HVGA resolution (460,000 dots).
- Powerful automatic shooting modes such as Auto Picture and scene modes take the guesswork out of great photography.
- Creative special effects filters add artistic flair to the common snapshot.
- Advanced 9-point autofocus with a 4cm super macro mode.
- Face detection for perfectly focused and exposed portraits, includes a dedicated pet recognition feature.
- Widescreen HD video in 720p at 30 frames per second.
The Optio RZ18 will be available in black, pearl white or metallic orange for $299.95 USD in October 2011.
Sep 12, 2014
Sep 12, 2014
Sep 10, 2014
Sep 10, 2014
|Christine by JP Zanotti|
from Car wreck
|Fangorn Forest by cand1d|
|Yosemite Falls with Moonbow by Jonathan Shapiro|
from Best Landscape of the Week 4
Not everyone wants to pay a premium for a long zoom camera. Thankfully, there are many reasonably priced cameras available, though they won't offer the same image quality as enthusiast models. In this updated roundup we look at big zoom cameras with more consumer-friendly price tags. Read more
We’ve all seen Bob Jackson’s Pulitzer Prize winning photo, but there's another.
The sample footage looks good.
Make those old photos disappear without deleting them forever.
This compact drone can shoot HD video using a 2-axis stabilized 12MP camera. Read more
David Gibson, one of Britain's best known street shooters, shares all.
The world's fastest 200mm was produced for 16 years. In that time, only 8000 were made.