Pentax unveils Optio RZ18 compact superzoom
Pentax has announced the Optio RZ18 - a compact superzoom camera with 18x zoom lens. The RZ18 combines a very flexible zoom range (25-450mm equivalent) with a 16MP image stabilized CCD sensor. It also features a 460,000 dot LCD and can shoot 720p HD video at 30 frames per second. The RZ18 will be available from October at a recommended price of $299.
PENTAX ANNOUNCES THE OPTIO RZ18 WITH 18X ZOOM
GOLDEN, CO. (September 12, 2011)…PENTAX Imaging Company announced the Optio RZ18 digital compact camera. Featuring a slim, lightweight body, the new model offers a powerful 18X optical zoom lens covering focal lengths from 25mm wide angle to 450mm super-telephoto (in the 35mm format). The Optio RZ18 is the latest addition to PENTAX Optio RZ zoom lens series, which provides photographers simple, effortless shooting of a wide variety of subjects and occasions, from travel and landscape to action and spectator sports.
The Optio RZ18 features include:
- Generous 18X zoom (equivalent to 25-450mm) with extra wide angle lens captures subjects near and far.
- High resolution 16 megapixel sensor for large prints or aggressive image cropping.
- Slim footprint for outstanding portability and inconspicuous use.
- Multiple PENTAX Shake Reduction (SR) image stabilization options, including sensor-shift SR, for sharp images in any lighting.
- Large 3 inch LCD with HVGA resolution (460,000 dots).
- Powerful automatic shooting modes such as Auto Picture and scene modes take the guesswork out of great photography.
- Creative special effects filters add artistic flair to the common snapshot.
- Advanced 9-point autofocus with a 4cm super macro mode.
- Face detection for perfectly focused and exposed portraits, includes a dedicated pet recognition feature.
- Widescreen HD video in 720p at 30 frames per second.
The Optio RZ18 will be available in black, pearl white or metallic orange for $299.95 USD in October 2011.
Sep 12, 2014
Sep 12, 2014
Sep 10, 2014
Sep 10, 2014
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%