PMA 2007: Next up is the entry-level Photosmart M537 Digital Camera, a 6 megapixel, 3x zoom model with HP Steady Photo Anti Shake (ISO boost anyone? There's certainly no moving parts involved). Another wrist slap goes out to HP for putting '18x zoom' in the headline spec... we don't count the digital bit guys! Thought that died out years ago...
HP Photosmart M537 Digital Camera
The HP Photosmart M537 Digital Camera makes photo-taking fun and easy. Snap 6-megapixel photos and easily view them indoors or outdoors on the 6.35cm (2.5-inch) display. Easy buttons and menus make photo-taking simple.
With HP steady photo anti-shake and industry-leading in-camera red-eye removal, (1) users can produce great, true-to-life photos.
Key Features and Benefits
- 6-megapixels for stunning 10x15cm (4x6-inch) prints and enlargements up to poster size.
- Zoom in for clear distance shots with 18x total zoom - 3x optical, 6x digital.
- Easily see your photos – indoors or out – on a bright, 6.35cm (2.5-inch) display.
- HP steady photo anti-shake feature helps to prevent blurred photos in lower light accounting for hand shake and moving subjects.
- Get everything you need to start sharing photos right out of the box, including batteries and 16MB internal memory.
- Grab the camera and start snapping – intuitive buttons and easy menus make photo-taking a breeze.
- Recording your memories is simple using one-touch video with audio.
- Tag your favourite photos right on the camera, making organisation and sharing easier when you upload to HP Photosmart Essential software.
- Microsoft Windows Vista™ ready.
HP Real Life technologies help take the guesswork out of digital photography, making it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include:
- Industry-leading in-camera red-eye removal.(1)
- HP Design Gallery adds creativity right on the camera with the ability to change colours and add borders to photos right on the camera — no PC or software required.
- Snap a photo and decide right away where to email it, using HP Photosmart Express.
- Meets HP’s general specification for the Environment, which includes compliance with the EU ROHS Directive (focus: lead, cadmium, mercury, PBDE, PBDP).(2)
- Get brilliant photos without leaving home using Snapfish, an online service of HP.(3)
- Easily recharge and transfer photos to your PC or printer, using optional HP Photosmart 2200 Digital Camera Dock.(4)
- Spend more time snapping and sharing photos by easily charging the HP Photosmart M537 digital camera with the optional HP Photosmart Easy Recharge Kit for AA Cameras.(4)
- 6-megapixel resolution
- 18x zoom - 3x optical, 6x digital
- Dimensions/Weight: 9.6cm (3.8in) (W) x 3.1cm (1.23in) (D) x 6.4cm (2.5in) (H) (includes protrusions) 142 grams without battery
- PictBridge support
- JPEG (Exif 2.2)
- Support/Connectivity: USB Connectivity, USB-compatible PC with Windows Vista, 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64, USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.3.9, 10.4 and later
HP offers a standard one-year limited hardware warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. For more information please go to www.hp.com/support.
Pricing and Availability
Estimated street price €139. Price stated is EMEA Manufacturer’s Recommended Selling Price (MRSP) including VAT and is subject to change – actual price may vary by country.
Expected to be available for purchase April 2007 in EMEA.
1 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/noredeye.
2 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/environment.
3 Snapfish availability varies by region.
4 Not included; please purchase separately.
1/2.5 " Type CCD
|Movie clips||320 x 240 @ 24fps|
|File formats|| JPEG Exif 2.2
|Lens|| 3x optical zoom
38-114mm (35mm equiv)
|Digital zoom||up to 6x|
|AF assist lamp||n/a|
|Focus distance|| Normal: 0.3m - infinity
Tele: 0.35m - infinity
Macro Wide: 0.05 - 0.8m
Macro Tele: 0.35 - 1.2m
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
ISO 800 (with HP Steady Photo)
|Exposure compensation||+/-2EV in 1/2 steps|
|Shuttter speed||1-1/1000 sec|
|Aperture||F2.8 (wide) F4.8 (tele)|
|Self timer||10 sec|
|Continuous shooting||2fps, max 3 frames|
|Image parameters||Full Color, B&W, Sepia, B&W Tints|
Flash On / Off
Auto with Red-eye Reduction
Range: 3.1m (wide) 1.8m (tele)
|Connectivity|| USB 2.0
HP Photosmart 2200 Camera Dock
|Storage|| SD 1.1 card compatible
16 MB internal memory
|Power|| 2x AA Alkaline, Photo Lithium, Rechargeable NiMH battery
|Weight (no batt)||142 g|
|Dimensions||96 x 31 x 64 mm (3.8 x 1.23 x 2.5 in)|
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 2, 2010
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!