Samyang offers 14mm F/2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical lens
Samyang Optics, the Korean manufacturer of industrial optics and photographic lenses has announced a 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical super wide-angle lens. It is designed for full-frame cameras, but works with APS-C cameras as well. It features two ED, one hybrid aspherical and one glass aspherical lens element. The lens offers an impressive 114° field of view on full frame cameras and 92.5° on APS-C cameras. It will be available from November 2009 in Canon, Nikon, Sony and Pentax mounts.
Samyang 14mm F/2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical lens
Cracow, Poland: Samyang products are on the market for over 40 years and distributed in more than 100 countries. High quality optics, modernity and precision is our maxim. Our products are designed for all photographers profiles, wether they are professionals or amateurs. We provide the tools the rest is your imagination. Be creative! Discover Samyang lenses like thousands delighted photographers all around the world!
Samyang Optics has officially announced the introduction of the new lens. Samyang 14mm f2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical will be released in late November for a suggested retail price of €259.
Sole distibutor in Poland - "Delta" presents the technical specification of this lens. Lens is suitable especially for full-frame sensor cameras,but works with APS-C cameras as well.
Optical construction is based on 14 elements in 12 groups. 2 ED low dispertion lenses, one hybrid aspherical and one glass aspherical which combine to minimize distortion and chromatic aberrations. Advanced lens optical contruction allows to deliver razor sharp images even in corners. Samyang 14mm f2.8 works perfectly even with latest high resolution full frame sensors. The lens is optically corrected what is especially useful in architecture and landscape photography. 114° angle of view gives an extraordinary possibilities in creating pictures.
In a market dominated by zoom lenses, it's certainly refreshing to see Samyang offering a new alternative,high quality and moderate price prime lenses.
- Two ED lenses , one hybrid aspherical and one glass aspherical
- High quality anti reflecting layers
- Field of view: for 35mm is 114 degrees, for APS-C - 92.5 degrees (Canon-89 degrees)
- Minimal focusing distance: 0.28m
- Samyang 14mm f2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical will be provided for main systems like Canon, Nikon,Sony, Pentax with bayonete mounting.
- This parameters and high quality build materials assure that pictures taken with this lens
|Angle of view (Full-frame)||114º|
|Angle of view (APS-C)||92.5º|
14 elements/12 groups
|Number of diaphragm blades||6|
|Minimum focus||28 cm|
Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4