SmugMug brings respected tools to 'Camera Awesome' iPhone app
Strangely-entitled photo sharing site SmugMug has launched a zanily-named iPhone app. The free 'Camera Awesome' app gives iPhone users greater control over the phone's camera and adds a series of filters and processing tools. This includes the ability to separate focus and metering, and adds a virtual level gauge. It also includes filters, textures and frames from Kevin Kubota as well as an 'Awesomize' button powered by Athentech's 'Perfectly Clear' technology.
Camera Awesome: You Took That Photo on an iPhone®? Liar.
Free iPhone App Says “No!” to Ugly Smartphone Photos
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 29, 2012 – Camera Awesome captures special memories with the camera you actually own, not the dSLR you’d sell your soul for. It takes your photos to the next level by shooting faster and taking sharper, better-exposed shots. Make your memories come alive with gorgeous effects -- and share them on all the sites you love.
To see its awesomeness in action, check out the product video here: http://youtu.be/jz2nrcsTpWg?hd=1
“The iPhone is revolutionizing photography by empowering us to invent the camera you never knew you always wanted. It only takes a few minutes to realize you’re holding the future of photography in your hands. The world will be a better place when everyone has an app worthy of the iPhone camera,” said Don MacAskill, CEO & Chief Geek of SmugMug.
Three Simple Steps
- Shoot: Camera Awesome is faaasst, and so simple anyone can use it. And yet, it has high-end features even expensive cameras lack, such as a level for the horizon and the ability to focus on one spot and set exposure on another.
- Awesomize: One tap makes your photos come alive with vibrant color. Hundreds of professional effects, filters and borders transform your memories from forgettable camera phone snappies to gorgeous works of art.
- Flaunt: Share on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, SmugMug, Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, SMS and email with one simple tap.
At a concert? Camera Awesome can automatically apply your favorite effect and share as you shoot so your friends who can’t wait won’t have to.
Camera Awesome's breathtaking collection of filters, textures and frames includes exclusive filters created by Kevin Kubota. Named a Top 10 Wedding Photographer by American Photo, Kubota created the industry's most popular post-processing actions for Photoshop and Lightroom.
"I was thrilled to create filters for Camera Awesome because of the power it places in the hands of iPhone photographers," said Kubota. “Kubota filters are the standard for pro photographers around the world who use programs like Photoshop®, and now they are available to everyone via Camera Awesome."
Feb 10, 2015
Feb 18, 2015
Feb 6, 2015
Feb 16, 2015
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Race by mdbinasif|
from Your City - Kids Play
|Altaussee Austria by IFRPilot|
|Sunrise at Mono Lake by ed rader|
from My Best Photo of the Week