SmugMug brings respected tools to 'Camera Awesome' iPhone app
Strangely-entitled photo sharing site SmugMug has launched a zanily-named iPhone app. The free 'Camera Awesome' app gives iPhone users greater control over the phone's camera and adds a series of filters and processing tools. This includes the ability to separate focus and metering, and adds a virtual level gauge. It also includes filters, textures and frames from Kevin Kubota as well as an 'Awesomize' button powered by Athentech's 'Perfectly Clear' technology.
Camera Awesome: You Took That Photo on an iPhone®? Liar.
Free iPhone App Says “No!” to Ugly Smartphone Photos
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 29, 2012 – Camera Awesome captures special memories with the camera you actually own, not the dSLR you’d sell your soul for. It takes your photos to the next level by shooting faster and taking sharper, better-exposed shots. Make your memories come alive with gorgeous effects -- and share them on all the sites you love.
To see its awesomeness in action, check out the product video here: http://youtu.be/jz2nrcsTpWg?hd=1
“The iPhone is revolutionizing photography by empowering us to invent the camera you never knew you always wanted. It only takes a few minutes to realize you’re holding the future of photography in your hands. The world will be a better place when everyone has an app worthy of the iPhone camera,” said Don MacAskill, CEO & Chief Geek of SmugMug.
Three Simple Steps
- Shoot: Camera Awesome is faaasst, and so simple anyone can use it. And yet, it has high-end features even expensive cameras lack, such as a level for the horizon and the ability to focus on one spot and set exposure on another.
- Awesomize: One tap makes your photos come alive with vibrant color. Hundreds of professional effects, filters and borders transform your memories from forgettable camera phone snappies to gorgeous works of art.
- Flaunt: Share on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, SmugMug, Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, SMS and email with one simple tap.
At a concert? Camera Awesome can automatically apply your favorite effect and share as you shoot so your friends who can’t wait won’t have to.
Camera Awesome's breathtaking collection of filters, textures and frames includes exclusive filters created by Kevin Kubota. Named a Top 10 Wedding Photographer by American Photo, Kubota created the industry's most popular post-processing actions for Photoshop and Lightroom.
"I was thrilled to create filters for Camera Awesome because of the power it places in the hands of iPhone photographers," said Kubota. “Kubota filters are the standard for pro photographers around the world who use programs like Photoshop®, and now they are available to everyone via Camera Awesome."
Feb 10, 2015
Feb 18, 2015
Feb 6, 2015
Feb 16, 2015
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!