DxO Optics Pro 9.5 now integrates with Adobe Lightroom
DxO Labs has released version 9.5 of its DxO Optics Pro software. This new release adds a non-destructive workflow that is completely integrated within Lightroom. It allows users to transfer Raw images from Lightroom cataloguer to DxO Optics Pro, process them, and then return them to Lightroom in Adobe's open DNG format.
DxO Optics Pro 9.5 image quality now available directly from Adobe Lightroom
Offering a completely integrated and non-destructive workflow, DxO Optics Pro gives Lightroom users access to the power of its RAW conversion, its exclusive PRIME denoising technology, and its tailored optical corrections
Sale on all DxO products through June 15, 2014
May 21, 2014 - DxO Labs announces the immediate availability of DxO Optics Pro v9.5 for Mac and Windows, the latest upgrade of its image processing software of reference for all demanding photographers. DxO Optics Pro v9.5 offers a new image transfer feature that lets users process their RAW photos from Lightroom. Used in tandem with the Adobe software, DxO Optics Pro has definitively become the ideal solution when it comes to image quality.
This upgrade also adds support for 4 new cameras as well as 165 new DxO Optics Modules.
The first workflow completely integrated with Lightroom
Up until now, exporting a RAW image from Lightroom to another software application required first converting it to JPEG or TIFF format, which can reduce image quality. DxO Optics Pro v9.5 offers the first non- destructive workflow that is completely integrated with Lightroom.
This very simple process lets users transfer their RAW images in one click from the Lightroom cataloguer to DxO Optics Pro, process them, and then return them to Lightroom in DNG format, which retains the qualities of a RAW file so as to facilitate additional processing.
The dual non-destructive flow gives users optimal flexibility right through to the final adjustments to their photos.
To learn more about the interaction between DxO Optics Pro and Lightroom, go to our dedicated web page.
The power of DxO processing accessible in just one click
Accessible directly from Lightroom, this workflow puts all of DxO’s image quality know-how into the hands of Adobe software users:
- The quality of its RAW conversion based on prior calibration of each sensor;
- The efficiency of its exclusive PRIME technology in eliminating noise, even under the most extreme
- shooting conditions;
- The power and precision of its optical corrections which, based on the calibration of each camera/lens combination, eliminates distortion, chromatic aberrations, and vignetting, as well as restores image sharpness;
- The intelligent exposure optimization of its DxO Smart Lighting feature, which among other things allows for perfect recovery of highlights.
￼￼DxO Optics Pro automatically adjusts all of these parameters to produce an optimized rendering during batch processing, thus saving users a significant amount of time.
DxO Optics Pro is the first software to offer a ready-to-use solution for extracting RAW images from the Lightroom cataloguer that perfectly preserves the links between the original images and the processed images.
Increased compatibility with XMP standard
With the aim of facilitating its workflow with Lightroom, DxO Optics Pro v9.5 offers greater compatibility with the XMP standard: star or color rankings stored in image metadata are now perfectly preserved during transfer.
More than 18,000 available Optics Modules
DxO Optics Pro supports most current camera models on the market. DxO Optics Pro v9.5 now handles RAW files from 4 additional cameras: the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II, the Nikon 1 V3, the Panasonic Lumix GH-4, and the Sony A6000.
Finally, 165 new camera/lens combinations have been added to the library, which today counts more than 18,000 available DxO Optics Modules.
Availability and special offer
The Standard and Elite editions of DxO Optics Pro v9.5 for Mac and Windows are now available in the DxO Labs online store (shop.dxo.com) and at photo resellers at a special discount through June 15, 2014:
- DxO Optics Pro 9 Standard Edition: $99 instead of $169
- DxO Optics Pro 9 Elite Edition: $199 instead of $299
- DxO Optics Pro 9 Standard Edition: £79 instead of £119
- •DxO Optics Pro 9 Elite Edition: £159 instead of £239 (Suggested retail prices, including VAT)
- DxO Optics Pro 9 Standard Edition: 99 € instead of 149 €
- DxO Optics Pro 9 Elite Edition: 199 € instead of 299 € (Suggested retail prices, including tax)
Photographers who acquired a DxO Optics Pro 8 license on or after September 1, 2013 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 9.
A fully-functional trial version of DxO Optics Pro 9, good for one month, is available on the DxO Labs website (http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/download)
For complete details about all of DxO Optics Pro’s features, go to http://www.dxo.com/intl/photography/dxo- optics-pro/features
To access DxO Optics Pro tutorials, webinars, and the user guide, check out the DxO Academy: http://www.dxo.com/intl/photography/tutorials
About DxO Labs
DxO Labs develops image processing technologies. In addition to its DxO Optics Pro and DxO FilmPack products for Mac and Windows, designed for serious and demanding photographers, the company also licenses diverse solutions for the principal actors in the imaging industry:
- Embedded technologies for real-time image processing, destined for camera and cameraphone manufacturers;
- Image quality evaluation and measurement tools, destined for specific imaging industries (e.g., camera module manufacturers, sensor vendors, and processor vendors) as well as for photography journalists and photo experts.
For more information, visit DxO Labs’ website at www.dxo.com
Presentations about our software, trial versions, demo images, and packaging visuals are available in our Press Lounge: http://www.dxo.com/intl/dxo-optics-pro-press-lounge
Sep 21, 2016
Sep 14, 2016
Sep 27, 2016
Sep 20, 2016
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%