Leica has updated M8 firmware available from its service website. Version 1.110 adds lens coding for 35, 50, 75 and 90mm Summarit-M lenses and shortens the interval between pre and main flashes when using M-TTL mode with Leica's SF24 D and SCA compatible flashguns. Battery capacity display is also improved as is the action of the central control wheel, helping to prevent accidental scrolling of the menu. The update is available now from Leica, link after the jump.
Changes implemented in 1.110
Firmware version 1.110 - The update adds these improvements to your camera:
- 6 Bit lens codes for Summarit-M lenses 35, 50, 75 and 90 mm
- Time shortened between pre-flash and main flash in M-TTL mode with flashes LEICA SF24 D and SCA compatible flashguns
- function of the central setting wheel on the camera back improved (unintentional scrolling of the menu now prevented)
- battery capacity display improved
- Change in the French menu: «Marche +UV/IR» instead «Marche avec»
Instructions for updating the LEICA M8 Firmware
- Format a memory card in your LEICA M8.
- Turn off the camera and insert the card into an SD card reader – either integrated or connected to your computer. (A reader is required for Firmware updates).
- Download the Firmware file from the Leica M8 site using the “UPDATES” link and unzip the file.
- Save the unzipped file m8-1_xx.upd at the top level of the card’s folder structure. xx stands for the version.
- Remove the card properly from your card reader, insert the card into the camera and close the bottom cover.
- Turn on the camera using the main switch and wait for at least 3 seconds before continuing with step 7.
- Confirm the prompt that appears in the monitor as to whether you want to update the Firmware on the camera to version 1.xx.
The update process takes around 180s. You will then be prompted to restart the camera using the main switch.
- Turn the camera off and back on again.
If the battery does not have sufficient charge, you will see a corresponding warning message.
|High Altitude Rocky Mountain Railroad by cjf2|
from On the Rails...
|Evening at the lake. by Murat ÜNSAL|