Photo sharing site SmugMug has rolled out a totally redesigned website, which was 'rebuilt from the ground up'. The look-and-feel of the site is radically different, and somewhat resembles the recently redesigned Flickr. Some of the new features on Smugmug include a large selection of default templates for the consumer, plus the ability for pros to create their own custom designs. Finally, the design is now 'responsive', which means that it will display properly on all devices, from smartphone to computer.
SmugMug charges between $40 and $300 per year for their service. Even the most basic account allows you options including customizing the design and upload of HD video. More expensive services include a mechanism for selling your photos - for which you'll need to pony up $150 yearly.
SmugMug Redesigns from the Ground Up
Photo-sharing Gets a Fresh, Modern Look and Feel
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., July 30, 2013 – SmugMug, the largest independent photo-sharing site in the world, unveiled a completely new version of its service today. Rather than upgrading the current site, co-founders Chris and Don MacAskill asked the SmugMug team to reinvent the entire experience.
“We saw this as an opportunity to combine what we’ve learned through our eleven years, and make SmugMug into what we always imagined it could be,” said Brian Strong, Lead Engineer at SmugMug.
What the company envisioned was a site with a fresh, modern look and feel. A site that offers gorgeous designs - right out of the box - with an easy way for all users to create their own unique style.
“We've built a product that's not only the most stunning service you've ever seen, but offers unlimited personalization that the web has never seen,” said Don MacAskill, CEO and Chief Geek of SmugMug. “Alone among all the major photo-sharing services, we understand that photo-sharing doesn’t just begin and end with beautiful. It begins with stunning and ends with personal.”
The new SmugMug now offers:
1) Gorgeous Sites. Photo-sharing services have traditionally given users a standard template, so that everyone looked the same. The new SmugMug offers dozens of beautiful designs, with each one completely customizable.
2) Completely Customizable. SmugMug’s innovative Customizer makes web design unbelievably easy. Visual and interactive, it empowers anyone to quickly personalize their site.
3) Beautiful Everywhere. Every SmugMug site includes responsive design, so it adapts to any viewing screen - from smartphones to large monitors.
4) Easy Photo Management. The all new site Organizer makes it easy to manage thousands of files by dragging images into galleries, galleries into folders, and folders into folders, up to five levels deep.
See the new SmugMug in action!
- See The New SmugMug launch video here: http://youtu.be/oEK9xFnMtgk.
- See The Inspiration Behind The New SmugMug video here: http://youtu.be/9xvcm3ba8nw
- Check out the blog post announcement here: http://smu.gs/161gAko
Then, visit www.smugmug.com for a free 14-day trial. Membership starts at $5/month.
|One of the default consumer templates|
|A default Pro template|
|A custom Pro design|
Jul 30, 2016
Jul 29, 2016
Jul 23, 2016
Jul 21, 2016