Casio today announced the UK and European release of the latest addition to its Exilim digital camera range, the EX-S600. Originally released in Japan back in October 2005, this pocket-sized 6 megapixel camera features an 'Anti Shake' DSP and MPEG-4 movie recording capability.
The EX-S600 was originally announced by Casio Japan on 24th Oct 2005. Click here to see the original news story with full specification.
CASIO’s EXILIM CARD Boasts Advanced Movie Recording Capability
New Digital Camera Reduces Camera Shake in Movies, Takes Quality Photos
JANUARY 16th, 2006, LONDON, UK. CASIO Electronics Co. Ltd., in conjunction with its parent company CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. announced the release of the latest addition to its EXILIM digital camera series with the EXILIM CARD EX-S600, the next evolution in this popular line of ultra-slim card-sized high resolution digital cameras.
In addition to 6 mega pixel photos, a major addition to this line is the EX-S600’s ability to reduce camera shake instantaneously when recording quality MPEG-4 movies.The EX-S600’s ability to take state-of-the-art movies instantly and easily adds to the versatility and fun of this powerful and high quality digital camera.
The EX-S600 fits conveniently in any pocket to go where ever you go, ready to quickly capture special moments. No matter how spontaneous the situation, the EXILIM engine’s Anti Shake DSP reduces blurring caused by shaky hands and/or moving subjects, and the Auto Macro and Quick Shutter functions ensure that photos are properly focused.
In addition to enhanced resolution, the EX-S600’s 3x zoom and increased battery life allowing up to 300 shots per battery charge provide significant photographic flexibility. The BESTSHOT menu includes the new Revive Shot, created specifically for taking digital pictures ofold album photos. Revive Shot adjusts for keystoning as well as brightly refreshes faded colours.
Whether framing a shot, reviewing images, or watching movies, everything is brighter when displayed on the adjustable 2.2 inch LCD, approximately twice as bright as previous models, making it ideal for outdoor use. Small enough to conveniently carry wherever you go, the EX-S600 has one-touch buttons that allow quick start up of the camera to view images and take pictures, as well as one for taking movies, all designed to quickly capture special moments.
The EX-S600 connects easily to a TV or PC via the multi cradle, which also doubles as the battery charger.The EX-S600 continues the EXILIM CARD tradition of offering cutting-edge technology packed into a small, slim, and stylish body. With high quality photos, advanced movierecording capabilities, and a tremendous range of remarkable functions, CASIO once again exceeds expectations by providing a conveniently portable means of preserving memories to be cherished for a lifetime.
The CASIO EXILIM EX-S600 will be available in the UK and Eire from early February 2006 in “Sparkle Silver”, “Mistral Blue”and “Latin Orange”from all good digital camera retailers.*according to CIPA standards.
High Performance in A Card-Sized Package
- 6 megapixel CCD makes for high resolution picture taking
- Ultra slim digital camera with a retracting 3x optical zoom employing high-density packaging technology resulting in a 16.1 mm thickness (thinnest point: 13.7 mm)
- The SUPER LIFE Battery allows up to 300 still pictures per charge under CIPA standards
- The SUPER LIFE Battery provides 1 hour and 50 minutes of movie recording per battery charge
- The Anti Shake DSP (digital signal processor) reduces blurring caused by shaking hands or moving subjects
- The bright new digital interface TFT LCD 2.2 inch screen is easier to see when using the camera outdoorsConvenient and Useful Functions
- “Revive Shot”refreshes faded colors of old album photos, bringing them back to life in digital format
- When photographing subjects with multiple focus points, the 9-Point Multi AF function takes simultaneous meter readings at nine different points, automatically selecting the best ones, resulting in a clearly focused shot
- The “Quick Shutter”function reduces mistakes by facilitating simple and easy high-speed focusing
- The “Auto Macro”mode allows for automatic switching between macro mode and autofocus mode
- Perfect pictures and movies can be taken using one of the 34 different “BESTSHOT”settingsAssorted High Quality Movie Functions
- MPEG-4, VGA (640×480 pixels), 30 frames / second enables high quality movie recording
- The movie stabilizer function instantaneously reduces camera shake when recording movies1
- 1 hour of movies can be taken in “Normal”mode using a 1GB SD memory card
- The “Direct Movie”function instantly starts movie recording with a press of the Movie button
- The “Snapshot-In-Movie”allows you to take a snapshot during movie recording
- Using the “MOTION PRINT”, movies can be converted into a series of nine or just one image for printing
- The “Past Movie”starts movie recording from 5 seconds before the Movie button is pressed
- The “Short Movie”enables movie recording for up to a total of 8 seconds, adjustable before or after the shutter is snapped
- The USB cradle not only charges the camera battery, but is also a simple way to connect the camera to a PC or TV to enjoy photos and movies with no need for additional equipmentEnhanced Quick Responsiveness
- Once powered on, the camera is ready to take pictures in approximately 1.0 second*1
- After the shutter button is pressed, the picture is taken almostinstantly, with only an approximately 0.007 second*2 release time lag
- High-speed picture playback of approximately 0.1 seconds interval
- The “DIRECT ON”button function allows quick startup in both shooting and playback modes
*1 Camera shake reduction achieved electronically
*2 With internal flash turned off
|Valley by the light of a blue moon by cjf2|
from Down in the Valley
|Lake Erie Stone Pier by yobbyt|
from Dock or Pier
|Hong Kong by Zephyr1977|