Fujifilm has released the promised firmware update for its X10 enthusiast compact that aims to reduce the 'white orb' blooming effect that users have complained about. The firmware claims only to reduce, not eliminate, the problem that we'll look at in our forthcoming review. The latest firmware adds a series of extra functions and improves behavior of some existing ones. This includes adding face tracking AF to both stills and video mode and preventing the ISO and dynamic range settings changing when you switch between exposure modes. The update also enables the RAW button to be reconfigured as a function button.
The firmware update Ver.1.03 incorporates the following issues:
- 1.New function for "RAW" button can be applied by customer's preference
By holding down RAW button for approx. 2 second or more, RAW button can be applied into new function similar to "Fn" button setting.
- 2.Each value set on ISO sensitivity and Dynamic range can be maintained even if aperture setting mode (P / A / S / M) is changed.
- 3.Face detection function is upgraded to keep tracking face by means of face-tracking AF function. As this function is activated even in movie recording mode, AF on detected face in the movie becomes more effective.
- 4.Blooming (White disk) phenomena, which can be observed in EXR AUTO mode, is reduced.
- 5.Compatibility on Mac OS 10.7
When the camera is connected to Mac PC on Mac OS 10.7, the camera is effectively recognized. Additionally, compatibility on RAW FILE CONVERTER EX with Mac OS 10.7 has been confirmed.
- 6.AF confirmation sound was controlled on "SHUTTER VOLUME" in the SET-UP menu. By this update, this sound is controlled on "OPERATION VOL." in the SET-UP menu, just similar to another functions.
- 7.The image area with high brightness might be recorded as "black-out" area, just in case of dedicated shooting condition, This unpleasant phenomenon is improved.
- 8.When the flash is used under macro shooting condition, light-reflected area was shown in greenish. This unpleasant phenomenon is improved.
Feb 5, 2015
Feb 5, 2015
Jan 30, 2015
Jan 30, 2015
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|