Lightroom plug-in for Pentax 645Z tethered shooting now available
Ricoh has announced a software plug-in for Adobe Lightroom supporting tethered shooting with the Pentax 645Z medium-format camera. Creative Cloud Lightroom subscribers can also take advantage of integration with Lightroom Mobile, making it possible to comment on and adjust photos remotely via the cloud. The Pentax Tethered Capture Plug-In is available now from Ricoh.
Ricoh Imaging Delivers Tethered Capture to its Acclaimed PENTAX 645Z Camera
Highly requested software plug-in to enhance the PENTAX 645Z’s in-studio photo-shooting with Adobe® Lightroom® capabilities available today
DENVER, December 9, 2015 – Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation today announced the immediate availability of the highly anticipated PENTAX Tethered Capture Plug-In for use with Adobe® Lightroom®. The software plug-in enhances the tethered capture capabilities of the PENTAX 645Z medium-format camera by enabling files to easily be uploaded into Adobe Lightroom during a studio session, where they can readily be viewed, shared and edited.
Adobe Lightroom is the digital photo processing and editing software favored by many professional and advanced amateur photographers, making the use of the new PENTAX Tethered Capture software both cost effective and efficient as there is no additional software package to purchase and learn. In addition, with the new capabilities of Lightroom Mobile, uploaded images may be viewed and adjusted by a photographer’s colleagues or clients from any remote location, anywhere in the world.
“Since Lightroom is already the de-facto standard for many photographers to edit and develop their images, this new plug-in is especially welcome. It makes studio use of the PENTAX 645Z camera easier, more efficient and, ultimately, faster than ever,” said Chris Knight, a New York-based portrait photographer. “Using Lightroom, I am able to quickly share photos with my clients, who are even able to view and comment from remote locations.”
Since its launch in June 2014, the PENTAX 645Z camera has been embraced by a wide range of photographers. The PENTAX Tethered Capture Plug-In is being offered to further enhance the user experience, and is a free option that can be downloaded starting today at: http://www.ricohimaging.co.jp/english/support/download_digital.html
- The PENTAX 645Z camera supports industry-standard Adobe DNG (Digital Negative) RAW files, which ensures optimal image quality. The in-camera DNG file format effectively eliminates any RAW file incompatibility issues, thus allowing the photographer to confidently import DNG RAW files during a tethered session.
- Adobe Lightroom Creative Cloud users can use Lightroom Mobile to connect to tethered sessions via cloud services to comment and adjust photographs and return those edits to the photographer from anywhere in the world.
- Adobe Lightroom offers an exceptional cataloging system that allows photographers to capture and catalog tethered sessions with confidence.
- The PENTAX Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe Lightroom is an easy-to-install, powerful and streamlined tethering solution that allows any photographer to manage their own workflow from capture to output.
- Adobe Lightroom users can download and apply presets to any tethered capture session thus eliminating the need to process every raw file individually.
|Chicago Alley by tko|
from Down the alleyway
|Callan-5680 by vbuhay|
from What Child's Dream May Come
|Widget by Wilfried HKG|
|Oxbow Bend by stickpointed|
from Landscape - Colour #2