Adobe Lightroom CC 2015.3 and 6.3 arrives with restored import interface and bug fixes
Adobe has released Lightroom CC 2015.3 and Lightroom 6.3, bringing back the Import tool that had been, to many users' dismay, removed from Lightroom 6.2. The new version also provides fixes for some of the bugs introduced in the last version of Lightroom, along with additional lens profile and Raw support.
In mid-October, Adobe issued an apology for the numerous bugs its Lightroom 6.2 release introduced. Users also expressed frustration with the software's redesigned import experience, and Adobe has elected to restore that former experience as a result. Both the subscription and standalone software versions have received support for several new camera models, including the Canon PowerShot G5 X and G9 X, as well as tethered camera support for a few Canon DSLRs and numerous bug fixes.
In addition, Adobe has greatly expanded lens profile support. Read more on Adobe's website.
New Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3:
- Canon EOS M10
- Canon PowerShot G5 X
- Canon PowerShot G9 X
- Fujifilm X-T1 IR
- Leica SL (Typ 601)
- Sony RX1R II (DSC-RX1RM2)
New Tethered Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3:
- Canon EOS 5DS
- Canon EOS 5DS R
- Canon EOS T6i / 750D
- Canon EOS T6s / 760D
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3
- Apple iPhone 6s back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
- Apple iPhone 6s front camera 2.65mm f/2.2
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus front camera 2.65mm f/2.2
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1.4x
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2.0x
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1.4x
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2.0x
- Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +1.4x
- Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +2.0x
- Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM
- Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +1.4x
- Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +2.0x
- Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM
- Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x
- Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM +2.0x
- Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo
- Canon EF SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM A015
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 1.4/50 ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 1.4/85 ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 2/35 ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 2/50M ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 2/100M ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 2.8/21 ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Otus 1.4/28 ZE
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
- DJI ZENMUSE X3 HG310 (RAW + JPEG)
- DxO ONE
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 35mm f/1.7 Ultron
- Nikon AF NIKKOR 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF
- Nikon F SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM A015
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 1.4/50 ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 1.4/85 ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 2/35 ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 2/50M ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 2/100M ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 2.8/21 ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Otus 1.4/28 ZF.2
- PENTAX Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 28mm f/3.5 M42
- PENTAX Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4 M42
- PENTAX SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014
- SONY A SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014
- SONY Sony DSC-RX1RM2
- SONY FE Zeiss Loxia 2.8/21
- SIGMA SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM A015
- Fixed several instability, functionality and performance issues introduced in Lightroom CC 2015.2.x/6.2.x.
- Fixed a bug that caused edits made and saved in Photoshop or 3rd party plug-ins to not appear in the Develop module.
- Fixed a bug related to user default for Chromatic Aberration Correction no longer honored after new Import option was removed.
- Fixed several bugs related to Panorama Merge.
- Fixed a bug so that Rotated photos will correctly show as rotated when in Full Screen view.
- Fixed a bug that caused a performance slowdown when creating Standard sized previews on high resolution monitors.
- Fixed a bug that caused image previews to be incorrectly displayed as completely black after import if “Auto Tone” is on in preferences.
- Fixed a bug that caused crash when using the Radial or Graduated Filter.
- Fixed a bug that caused Palette, a 3rd party hardware device, to stop working with Lightroom.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Map module to appear pixelated and photos to be dropped in the wrong place when using hi-dpi monitors on Windows.
- Fixed a bug related to Full Screen that prevented you from exiting Full Screen view while using the Spot Healing Tool.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Flickr Publish Service to improperly publish multi-word keywords.
|Waffles with fruits by Coolinarka|
from Food photography (desserts)
|Vestrahorn Frozen Reflection by Will B Milner|
from Ice cold
As summer really gets going over here in the Northern hemisphere, the team at Imaging Resource has put together a list of the best cameras for backpacking.
The Ukrainian Parliament banned statues of Lenin in 2015. Two years later, the monuments no longer adorn public buildings or stand watch over town squares, but they're still there.
If you had to choose one camera to bring along for the ultimate West coast road trip, what would it be? DPR's Sam Spencer choose the X100F. Read more
The a9 boasts impressive capability. As more examples of it in practice pour in, Sony's claims hold up. Watch the a9 track and maintain focus on a rapidly approaching basketball.
Last week, more than a million tonnes of Californian coastline slid into the ocean, taking part of Highway 1 with it. Check out the remodeling in photos taken before and after the landslide.
Even after eighteen months of reviewing the latest, greatest, shiniest and must-buy-me-est new gear, DPReview staffer Carey Rose has continued to use older DSLR cameras for his freelance work. But now, that might be changing. Read more
Sony is the world's leading mirrorless camera brand but remains third for ILCs overall, it's said in a presentation to investors. A focus on high value cameras and lenses should boost operating income, it says. Read more
It's nicknamed the 'Cycloptic Mustard Monster,' and is a 3D printed medium format camera. Read more
The new NanGuang LED lights are battery powered and come with accessories including filters and diffusers.
Have you been telling yourself, "Hey, I really need one of those 8K displays?" A video about Dell's new 8K monitor shows you what to expect. Is it really that much better?
Tamara Lackey, a Nikon ambassador USA and pro shooter, discusses embracing self-consciousness as a means of connecting with subjects.
There's a new Spiderman movie coming out and the poster been generating a lot of online chatter. Mostly about how it looks like the creation of a fevered teenager that just discovered Photoshop.
An honest defense of the system's merits, with photos as proof.
Copyright disputes are no fun at all. 'Binded' is a new startup that aims to simplify the process of registering - and enforcing - copyright for photographers. Read more
Not everyone wants to pay a premium for a long zoom camera. Thankfully, there are many reasonably priced cameras available, though they won't offer the same image quality as enthusiast models. In this updated roundup we look at big zoom cameras with more consumer-friendly price tags. Read more
Think Tank Photo has updated two of its popular bag lines with improvements to functionality. Read more
We’ve all seen Bob Jackson’s Pulitzer Prize winning photo, but there's another.
The sample footage looks good.
It will automatically pick the best camera settings depending on shooting conditions. It even promises enhanced functionality for your camera, like exposure and focus stacking. It already supports many cameras from Canon, Fuji, Nikon and Sony. Read more
As if $13,950 wasn’t enough to pay for a special edition lens, the Leica Store in San Francisco is offering a prototype of said lens for $24,995. Read more
Make those old photos disappear without deleting them forever.
Firmware updates enable 10 fps shooting with adapted A-mount lenses, and faster startup times and better compatibility for 20 fps shooting when using native lenses on the a9.
Fujifilm has released firmware updates for its camera models X-T2, X-Pro2, GFX 50s, X-T20, X100F and X-T1 and updates to three of its software products.
A 22 year-old Romanian photographer uses his DJI Phantom 4 drone to capture unique perspectives of the city where he now lives.
What's it like to ride the waves with champion surfer Kelly Slater? This VR video from Teton Gravity Research gives you a taste.
When Nikon released the full-frame D3 in 2007, it changed the professional photography industry. In this week's Throwback Thursday, Barney remembers a legend. Read more
The new stuff should have better red hues, improved sensitivity and finer grain - but don't worry - will still shift blues to green, greens to purple and yellows to pink.
Ricoh has introduced a new rugged compact camera with a 16MP CMOS sensor, 28-140mm lens, 2.7" LCD and built-in LED macro lights. Read more
This compact drone can shoot HD video using a 2-axis stabilized 12MP camera. Read more
The new Prynt Pocket can print a photo directly from their iPhone simply by inserting the phone into the printer, then snapping a photo. Each print will cost about 50 cents. Read more