Adobe Lightroom CC 2015.3 and 6.3 arrives with restored import interface and bug fixes
Adobe has released Lightroom CC 2015.3 and Lightroom 6.3, bringing back the Import tool that had been, to many users' dismay, removed from Lightroom 6.2. The new version also provides fixes for some of the bugs introduced in the last version of Lightroom, along with additional lens profile and Raw support.
In mid-October, Adobe issued an apology for the numerous bugs its Lightroom 6.2 release introduced. Users also expressed frustration with the software's redesigned import experience, and Adobe has elected to restore that former experience as a result. Both the subscription and standalone software versions have received support for several new camera models, including the Canon PowerShot G5 X and G9 X, as well as tethered camera support for a few Canon DSLRs and numerous bug fixes.
In addition, Adobe has greatly expanded lens profile support. Read more on Adobe's website.
New Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3:
- Canon EOS M10
- Canon PowerShot G5 X
- Canon PowerShot G9 X
- Fujifilm X-T1 IR
- Leica SL (Typ 601)
- Sony RX1R II (DSC-RX1RM2)
New Tethered Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3:
- Canon EOS 5DS
- Canon EOS 5DS R
- Canon EOS T6i / 750D
- Canon EOS T6s / 760D
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3
- Apple iPhone 6s back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
- Apple iPhone 6s front camera 2.65mm f/2.2
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus front camera 2.65mm f/2.2
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1.4x
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2.0x
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1.4x
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2.0x
- Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +1.4x
- Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +2.0x
- Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM
- Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +1.4x
- Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +2.0x
- Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM
- Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x
- Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM +2.0x
- Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo
- Canon EF SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM A015
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 1.4/50 ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 1.4/85 ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 2/35 ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 2/50M ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 2/100M ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Milvus 2.8/21 ZE
- Canon EF Zeiss Otus 1.4/28 ZE
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
- DJI ZENMUSE X3 HG310 (RAW + JPEG)
- DxO ONE
- Leica M Voigtlander VM 35mm f/1.7 Ultron
- Nikon AF NIKKOR 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF
- Nikon F SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM A015
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 1.4/50 ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 1.4/85 ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 2/35 ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 2/50M ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 2/100M ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Milvus 2.8/21 ZF.2
- Nikon F Zeiss Otus 1.4/28 ZF.2
- PENTAX Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 28mm f/3.5 M42
- PENTAX Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4 M42
- PENTAX SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014
- SONY A SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014
- SONY Sony DSC-RX1RM2
- SONY FE Zeiss Loxia 2.8/21
- SIGMA SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM A015
- Fixed several instability, functionality and performance issues introduced in Lightroom CC 2015.2.x/6.2.x.
- Fixed a bug that caused edits made and saved in Photoshop or 3rd party plug-ins to not appear in the Develop module.
- Fixed a bug related to user default for Chromatic Aberration Correction no longer honored after new Import option was removed.
- Fixed several bugs related to Panorama Merge.
- Fixed a bug so that Rotated photos will correctly show as rotated when in Full Screen view.
- Fixed a bug that caused a performance slowdown when creating Standard sized previews on high resolution monitors.
- Fixed a bug that caused image previews to be incorrectly displayed as completely black after import if “Auto Tone” is on in preferences.
- Fixed a bug that caused crash when using the Radial or Graduated Filter.
- Fixed a bug that caused Palette, a 3rd party hardware device, to stop working with Lightroom.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Map module to appear pixelated and photos to be dropped in the wrong place when using hi-dpi monitors on Windows.
- Fixed a bug related to Full Screen that prevented you from exiting Full Screen view while using the Spot Healing Tool.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Flickr Publish Service to improperly publish multi-word keywords.
Importing, culling and tagging photos is about to get a whole lot faster and look a whole lot better with the impending arrival of Photo Mechanic 6.
On its own, the FTZ adapter retails for $250 and when bundled it dropped the cost to just $150. Now, Nikon is offering it for free with all Z6, Z7 purchases in the United States.
Profoto said it spoke with Godox back at Photokina 2018 and continues to contact Godox in an effort to stop it from marketing its V1 light.
Product renders in Italian publication Notebook Italia show an unusual design that conceals all cameras with the help of a slider mechanism.
Canon says its new EF 400mm F2.8L IS III and EF 600mm F4L IS III lenses can suffer from an intermittent flickering when shooting video in M or Av modes with certain cameras.
Leica recently announced the Q2, a digital rangefinder with a fixed 28mm F1.7 lens. It's a heck of a lot of fun to shoot with, but is it right for you? Based on our time with the camera, and its specifications, we've examined how well-suited it is for common photography use-cases.
Now that our Panasonic Lumix S1R has final firmware, we couldn't wait to get out shooting with it - and we also tried the high-res mode, which combines files to get 187 megapixel images. Because sometimes, 47 megapixels just isn't enough.
DroneShield has announced a partnership with NASCAR to use its trifecta of drone-disabling technology at events held at Texas Motor Speedway.
In this article, travel and landscape photographer Mitch Green encourages us to spend more time in the the field.
the lens lacks any electronics whatsoever and is constructed entirely of glass and metal. Of course, that comes at the expense of weight — this thing weighs in at 1.1kg / 2.43lbs.
Drones can be useful tools in urban areas, where they're utilized for everything from news reporting to building inspections, but flying in these areas requires careful preparation. Here's what you need to know to do so safely.
Hasselblad has released a new cable release and USB double battery charger for its X1D medium format camera .
After a report published by NBC News, Flickr has taken heat for allegedly letting IBM 'scrape' photos for use in its facial recognition datasets. But the problem isn't what it seems on the surface.
Samyang has announced the impending arrival of the AF 85mm F1.4 FE lens for full-frame Sony cameras.
Some Photoshop shortcuts are simple and obvious. Others, not so much. Here are 15 shortcuts that are actually useful.
Twitter has redesigned its in-app camera for easier access from the timeline screen.
Independent cinema lens manufacturer SLR Magic has announced it will offer all of its existing MicroPrime range in the Fujifilm X mount and has even created a Fuji-specific 12mm lens.
We've updated our buying guides with three more cameras: the Canon EOS RP, Nikon Z6 and Olympus E-M1X.
CFexpress 2.0 cards will come in three different form factors, each of which will offer different maximum speeds.
Lensbaby has added a third tilt lens to its Optic Swap system, this time a 35mm lens, adding to the existing 50mm and 80mm options.
Sigma has released firmware updates for a number of its lenses as well as its EF-E adapter to address various errors and features with Canon, Nikon and Sony cameras.
We've added the Fujifilm X-T30 and Sony a6400 to our 'Best Cameras under $1000' buying guide. These two mirrorless models pack in a lot of features for just $900 body only.
Instagram, Facebook and other Facebook-owned services are down for users around the world.
Think Tank Photo has unveiled its new Vision series of shoulder bags, including the Vision 10, Vision 13 and Vision 15.
The OPPO Reno series will be launched on April 10 but some details have already been spotted on the web.
Insta360 has unveiled its latest camera, as well as a new VR headset app and a specialized smartphone cover that makes it possible to view 3D video on standard smartphones.
A fresh crop of ready-for-anything compacts has been added to our buying guide – just in time for Spring Break.
At the Hydrogen One launch RED promised a range of bolt-on modules designed to expand the device's feature set. However, there is now doubt if those modules will ever be released.
Due to growing concerns about drones around regulated airspace, no-fly zones in the United Kingdom will be more than four times larger than before starting March 13.
Huawei clearly hasn't learned its lesson and once again has been busted for trying to pass off DSLR photos as images taken with one of its upcoming smartphones.