Adobe posts Lightroom v4.2 and ACR 7.2 release candidates
Adobe has announced 'release candidate' versions of Lightroom 4.2 and Adobe Camera Raw 7.2. The latest near-complete versions add support for a series of hotly-anticipated cameras, including the Sony DSC-RX100 and Canon EOS 650D / Rebel T4i. The Lightroom update also corrects a series of bugs present in the current version of the software. As usual, release candidates are considered well tested but not final. Camera Raw 7.2 also adds the option to change the 'as-shot' image crop, if the camera has recorded the whole sensor's data.
Some bugs in Adobe Camera Raw are also addressed in this update, along with additional lens profiles being included. For more details, see the Adobe Lightroom blog.
New Camera Support in the Camera Raw 7.2 Release Candidate
- Canon EOS 650D / Rebel T4i
- Canon EOS M
- Fuji FinePix F800EXR
- Leaf Credo 40
- Leaf Credo 60
- Panasonic DMC-FZ200
- Panasonic DMC-G5
- Panasonic DMC-LX7
- Pentax K-30
- Sony DSC-RX100
Bugs Corrected in the Lightroom 4.2 Release Candidate
The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 4 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 4 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:
- Folder stacks with virtual copies get unstacked when moving to another folder
- Stacked photos get hidden in both the Grid view and Filmstrip. This occurs when photos get unstacked as a result of enabling auto-stacking.
- Errors encountered when publishing videos to Facebook through the Facebook Publish Service
- Users may have occurred problems when trying to enter the Web Module from Library.
- Unable to edit JPEG photos in Photoshop Elements
- Unable to upload files to Flickr if there is a carriage return in either the Title or Caption fields (Win only).
- Background graphics that are applied to a Book globally may not appear as expected in a Saved PDF.
- Certain book covers had spine text positioned in a Horizontal manner, not Vertical.
- Double byte characters are not being exported to PDF in Books
- Photos were exported with original GPS coordinates recorded by the camera, not with the GPS coordinates updated in Lightroom.
- Keyboard shortcuts in the Develop module sometimes do not work when editing an image in Process Version PV2010.
- Parents and synonyms of “do not export” keywords also do not export.
- Audio does not play in video files after creating a slideshow containing music (win7 only)
- Tether support not working for Nikon D4, D800 , and D800E (win only)
|Meet at HKCC Rain or Shine by pen araneae|
from Your City - Rain Down on Me
|Pregnancy Is Beautiful by sye46|
from Women's World
|Criss-Cross Traffic by PEB|
from Best Use of Motion
|Picking a Star in the Milky Way by vbuhay|
from My Best Photo of the Week