Olympus Japan announce two updated cameras, the C2020Z and C920Z (Equv. of US D450Z), updated on the C2020Z is the addition of Motion JPEG mini-movie capture, slightly faster image capture, manual mode and a much closer manual focus setting.
Olympus go on to improve on an already successful camera, the C2020Z has the following differences from the C2000Z:
- Motion JPEG capture (15fps: 320 x 240; max 15 secs, 160 x 120; max 60 secs).
- Burst mode: 49 VGA Std 1.4fps, 18 VGA Hi 1.4fps, 21 XGA Std 1.4fps, 7 XGA Hi 1.4fps, 9 HQ Std 1.2fps, 4 SHQ 0.7fps
- Addition of full manual mode with long exposures up to 16 secs
- Improved LCD
- Auto-bracketing (0.3 / 0.6 / 1 EV)
- Lower compression used in SHQ mode (1422K vs. 1000K for SHQ JPEG)
- Improved White Balance and exposure (same technology as the C2500L)
- Manual focus minimum : 0.2m (compared to 2.5m on the C2000Z)
What's the same as the C2000Z?
- 2.11 Megapixel CCD (1600 x 1200, 1024 x 768, 640 x 480)
- 3x zoom 35mm - 105mm (35mm equiv.) (fast F2.0)
- JPEG and TIFF capture modes
- ISO modes: Auto, 100, 200 and 400
- Support for SmartMedia up to 64MB
Olympus continue the upgrades with the improved C920Z, here are the differences from the C900Z:
- Support for the newer 64MB SmartMedia cards
- Burst: SHQ 4 images 0.5fps, HQ 8 images 1fps, SQ 20 images 2fps
- 4 stage ISO from 160 to 640
- Improved LCD
- Support for DPOF & DCF
- Slow Sync Flash Mode
What's the same as the C900Z?
- 1/3" CCD 1.3 megapixel (1280 x 960, 640 x 480)
- 3x Zoom lens 35mm - 105mm (35mm equiv.)
- TIFF and JPEG format
|Wood Panel Truck, Retired by Buzz Lightyear|
from Random Items - Challenge 22
|The Falls by jdaniels10|
from Show us LIQUIDS!
|Silence by JP Zanotti|
from Blown highlights