Adobe Creative Cloud update brings ability to download previous versions
Adobe has rolled out version 126.96.36.1993 of Adobe Creative Cloud, bringing some new features and improved file transfer support.
The biggest addition to Creative Cloud is the ability to install previous versions of Adobe's design tools directly from the Creative Cloud installer, as explained in this Adobe help article. These 'previous' versions live alongside the Creative Cloud versions of the applications. While the idea of a subscription service like Creative Cloud is to provide the newest version of programs without hassle, many creatives like to work with legacy versions of their applications - especially when newer versions change layouts or shortcuts. Enabling graphics professionals to download older versions in Creative Cloud will help creatives better manage multiple versions of Adobe apps without having to juggle multiple serial numbers.
The update brings better stability to batch file transfers between clients and the Cloud storage system, and improved font-sync support. Additionally, Creative Cloud now has better event notification during high volume file syncing - most notably by limiting the number of notifications displayed when a large number of files are synced at once. (Previously the notifications would occur for every single file transfer, rather annoying when uploading several thousand small JPEG files.)
The release notes also indicate that the updater brings a 'Redesigned Sign In experience' though we didn't notice a significantly different experience when logging in after the update. This update comes a couple of weeks after a lengthy outage in which CC customers were unable to log in to their accounts. Adobe PR was not immediately available to comment at press time. If you notice any major changes here, please feel free to let us know in the comments to the article.
Adobe Creative Cloud can be updated via the Creative Cloud manager from the Creative Cloud Taskbar (in Windows) or Apple menu bar icon.
Adobe Creative Cloud v188.8.131.523:
- You can now install older versions of Adobe products straight from Creative Cloud Desktop. These are installed side-by-side with existing versions.
- Improved performance when syncing a large number of files.
- Fixed scenarios where font sync would show perpetual spinner.
- Improved overall font sync stability.
- Improved error handling for file sync, including the addition of notifications when retrying can resolve an error.
- Batched notifications of file sync operations, limiting the number of notifications when a large number of files are synced in a short period of time.
- Redesigned Sign In experience.
- Increased types of enterprise identities accepted for licensing products.
Sep 13, 2016
Sep 21, 2016
Sep 14, 2016
Sep 13, 2016
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4