123di.com has updated its interactive learning application: 'The 123 of digital imaging'. Version 6.2 adds coverage for Mac and Windows versions both of Adobe's Photoshop Elements 8 and the Public Beta of Photoshop Lightroom 3. It also gains an additional tutorial on the use of clipping masks alongside revisions to keep it up-to-date with the latest changes in technology and post-processing. 123di V6.2 is free to owners of version 6.0 or can be downloaded as a free trial.
December 17, 2009
123di.com announces "The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite - Version 6.2" for Windows and Macintosh.
New Content in Version 6.2 Compared to Version 6.0:
- Comprehensive Coverage of Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 Editor & Organizer for Windows and Photoshop Elements 8 Editor for Mac.
- Comprehensive Coverage of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Public Beta for Windows and Mac.
- Both software packages are featured with the unique Interactive Graphical User interfaces and tutorials explaining the new features and workaround to overcome the limitations of automated methods.
- Additional clipping mask tutorial.
- Various technology and content updates to keep 123di updated with the latest changes in technology and post-processing.
This upgrade is available as a free download for all Version 6.0 readers.
123di Covers All Aspects of the Digital Imaging Workflow
1. Understanding digital imaging, digital camera selection, camera settings, and photography techniques.
2. Enhancing your images in the “pixelroom”.
3. Managing, viewing, sharing, and printing your images.
Photography Techniques to Shoot Amazing Pictures
A new chapter introduced with Version 6 focuses on the right camera settings and composition techniques to capture the best possible image as input for post-processing. This is achieved through practical examples and a unique interactive simulation which shows how aperture, shutterspeed, and sensitivity affect exposure, depth of field, motion blur, noise, and diffraction in the various exposure modes.
Practical Image Editing Techniques
Raw conversion and editing make it possible to bring even award-winning images to the next level by allowing the photographer to capture the entire dynamic range of the scene, allocate tonal detail exactly where it is desired, adjust perspective, correct for lens imperfections, tweak the color to the gamut of the monitor or print, add the right amount of sharpening depending on the desired output, etc. 123di contains a wide variety of image enhancement tutorials, including an in-depth coverage of RAW conversion, and the latest localized adjustment techniques.
123di’s unique learning method splits up editing techniques in easy to understand one-page steps. User controllable “discrete” animations with “back”, “forward”, “play”, and “pause” buttons show the relevant steps only, making them much easier to follow and study at your own pace compared to “continuous” videos.
Moreover, while many resources only explain “how”, 123di goes one step further by analyzing the results of automated methods and explaining workarounds and manual adjustments.
14 Key Software Packages Covered
Adobe Photoshop Elements 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 & 3 Editor, Photoshop Elements 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 & 3 Organizer, Adobe Photoshop CS4, CS3, CS2, CS, including CS4 & CS3 Extended, Photoshop Lightroom 3 Public Beta, 2 & 1 are featured with animated tutorials and interactive graphical user interfaces that are unique to 123di. Many other software packages such as Bridge CS4, CS3, & CS, PTGui, ACDSee Photomanager 2009, and Photorescue are also briefly covered.
A separate version for Nikon users covers Capture NX 2.2, Capture NX 1.4, Nikon Capture 4.4, Nikon Scan 3 & 4, and Camera Control Pro 2. This is in addition to the content of the regular version. Users of the regular version can upgrade to the Nikon version at any time by topping up the price difference (no additional upgrade fee).
123di has a comprehensive practical and theoretical coverage of working in RAW mode, including latest trends in RAW processing. Practical examples are based on Adobe Camera Raw for all Adobe Photoshop versions. The Nikon version also covers Capture NX 2.2, Capture NX 1.4, and Nikon Capture 4.4.
Complete Theory on Digital Photography
123di has extensive coverage on digital photography concepts such as resolution, compression, color bit depth, dynamic range, noise, focal length multiplier, sensor types, pixel density, etc. The inner workings of cameras, scanners, accessories, monitors, and printers are explained in detail. Detailed full color graphics, interactive animations, interactive simulations, and interactive calculators allow for an accelerated way of learning that gets the reader involved
Buying Guides for Cameras, Scanners, Monitors, and Printers
Detailed buying guides for cameras, scanners, monitors, printers, and accessories help in the reader's buying decision process.
Color management is featured throughout 123di to ensure consistent and accurate color during the entire workflow, covering both Macintosh and Windows platforms. Working with wide-gamut (Adobe RGB) monitors is covered in detail.
Highly Integrated Content
123di contains over 5,000 interactive screen-size pages filled with thousands of full color graphics and animations organized into 175 topics. The practical content is highly cross-referenced with digital photography background theory.
Three Selectable User Levels
1. Starter sections are like "executive summaries". These brief introductions with simplified and synthesized content are ideal if the reader has little time and wants to keep it simple.
2. Essential sections get the reader up to speed quickly and are a must read for beginners. But even for advanced readers they are a nice refresher before diving into the advanced sections. Image editing tutorials in the essential sections are based on Adobe Photoshop Elements 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 & 3.
3. Advanced sections build on the essential sections and are more in-depth and detailed, and technical at times. Image editing tutorials in the advanced sections are based on Adobe Lightroom 3 Public Beta, 2 & 1 Photoshop CS4, CS3, CS2, & CS, including those Photoshop CS4 & CS3 Extended features that are relevant for digital photography.
Besides reading 123di like a printed book, 123di offers many alternative ways to quickly find the information such as interactive graphical user interfaces, digital imaging workflow diagrams, index, before and after images, frequently asked digital imaging questions, interactive slide show, and custom bookmarks.
- Compared to the Standard Edition, the Extended Edition comes with additional navigation features:
- Search engine with multiple keywords providing instant results
- “Add Bookmarks” and “View Bookmarks” buttons to add and organize an unlimited number of bookmarks.
- “Add Notes” button to add notes to any page.
- Transfer bookmarks and notes between computers.
- Reduce or enlarge the default font size to enhance readability.
- Opens on the last page you viewed in your previous session.
- Opens with the window size and position of your previous 123di session.
- Users can upgrade from the Standard to the Extended Edition at any time by topping up the price difference (no additional upgrade fee).
Unlike printed books, 123di is regularly updated with the latest technology at very affordable upgrade rates so the initial investment in 123di is preserved. Upgrades are free for all Version 6.0 users. For readers of earlier versions, upgrades start from just US$14.95.
During the last 9 years, 123di developed and enhanced its own content visualization engine specifically optimized for a unique and accelerated computer-based interactive learning experience. 123di Version 6.2 is compatible with both Windows (XP/VISTA/7) and Macintosh (OS X 10.4 or higher) platforms.
Free Windows and Macintosh demos can be downloaded from http://www.123di.com.
Aug 6, 2009
Mar 20, 2008
Dec 14, 2012
Dec 14, 2012