Nikon has today posted another update for Nikon Capture, which adds support for the newly-announced Nikon D2Hs plus a host of other new features. Version 4.2.1 supports RAW images captured with the D2Hs and opens them faster. The shooting data area can now display extra information if required. Automatic rotation is now achievable when using the Draw Level line or manually typing a degree of rotation. For a full list of changes, see the release notes.
Nikon Capture software update version 4.2.1
What has been changed in version 4.2.1 of the firmware?
Nikon Capture Editor
Support for RAW images captured with the D2Hs has been added.
Some of the information displayed in the Shooting data area has been changed.
- Long Exposure Noise Reduction: changed from Off or Fixed pattern to Off or On.
- High ISO Noise Reduction: changed from Off or On to Off, On (Normal), or On (High) (D2X and D2Hs only)
The following changes have been made to the Straighten function (Image menu>Rotate).
- The shape of the Draw Level cursor has been changed.
- The function has been changed so that the image is rotated immediately after the Draw Level line is drawn or as the degree of rotation is entered in Rotation text box.
Nikon Capture Control
Support for the D2Hs has been added.
The Noise Reduction checkbox in the Image Processing panel has been changed to a pop-up menu offering selection from Off, On (Normal), and On (High) options. (D2X and D2Hs only)
Corrections to Nikon Capture 4 version 4.2.1
RAW images open faster.
The following problems with the Multi-Image window have been corrected.
- Protected images cannot be deleted.
- When sorting images with the File Type and Date of Recording Sort Key, numbers following the decimal point in the date of recording were not reflected in sort results.
The following problems with the Straighten function (Image menu>Rotate) have been corrected.
- With some computer environments, the Draw Level cursor could not be seen.
- When RAW images captured with the D1X were straightened, saving the images in TIFF or JPEG format caused the images to be distorted.
White balance for RAW images captured with the camera below was affected when "Set Color Temperature" was selected from the pop-up menu in the White Balance palette, even when the same white balance setting as that at which the image was captured was selected for "New WB".
- D2X: "Daylight (Direct sunlight)" or "Standard Fluorescent (Cool White)" selected for "New WB".
A problem that caused an error message to be displayed when the Save Progress Window wascancelled with an image open has been corrected.
When image adjustment settings copied from an image were pasted to another image, the value applied for Fine Adjustment in the White Balance palette with Color Temperature selected from the pop-up menu was not reflected. This problem has been corrected.
When a large number of images were processed using Batch processing, Nikon Capture sometime quit unexpectedly or the computer froze. This problem has been corrected.
Captured images were not displayed in the Multi-Image window Thumbnail area despite Show it with the Multi Image Window being selected for When a new image is received from camera in the Camera Control Download Options dialog. This problem has been corrected.
With Nikon Capture 4 versions 4.0.0-4.1.3 updated to version 4.2.0, sometimes the dialog for entering the product key was displayed in some computer environment when Nikon Capture is running. This fault has been corrected.
|Wine by FlorinaDodoloi|
from Product Photography
|Gingko Tree 2016- by vbuhay|
from - Gingko Trees Turning Yellow Against a Blue Sky- (Landscape + A Border)