Sigma has announced three new lenses designed for both film and digital SLR's. They are the APO Macro 150 mm F2.8 EX DG HSM (a fast tele-macro lens with a Hyper Sonic Motor), the 24-70 mm F2.8 EX DG Macro (a useful 24 mm wide angle zoom with a large maximum aperture and macro capabilities) and the 28-70 mm F2.8 EX DG (a compact standard wide angle zoom with a large maximum aperture).
APO MACRO 150mm F2.8 EX DG HSM
World’s first High Speed Tele-Macro Lens
- Designed to give a superior performance with Digital SLR Cameras as well as 35mm Film Cameras
- Super compact and lightweight, large aperture telephoto lens with life-size macro capability
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) with full time manual focus override
- Floating Focusing System produces excellent optical performance
- Detachable Tripod Socket
Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce of the world’s first High Speed Tele Macro MACRO 150mm F2.8 EX DG HSM lens.
This large aperture telephoto macro lens enables you to shoot up to 1:1 life size close-ups. Its large F2.8 aperture makes it an ideal lens for digital SLR as well as film SLR cameras. The new lens power layout provides the ultimate correction against lateral chromatic aberration to which digital cameras are prone.
Two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements control various color aberrations and assure high image quality.
A floating focusing system moves two different lens groups in the optical system to different positions. This system compensates for astigmatic aberration and spherical aberration. The HSM models provide ultra quiet high-speed autofocusing as well as full-time manual focus override.
24-70mm F2.8 EX DG MACRO
Large aperture standard zoom lens provides superior performance both for Digital SLR Cameras and 35mm Film SLR Cameras
- EX DG Lens Series; Designed to give a superior performance with Digital SLR Cameras as well as 35mm Film Cameras
- Excellent image quality is provided by two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements, plus one Glass Mold Aspherical and two Hybrid Aspherical lenses
- It has a minimum focusing distance of 40cm (15.7 inches) and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.8.
- The Dual Focus (DF) system ensures ease of operation
From 24mm super wide angle to 70mm medium telephoto, this lens provides a large F2.8 aperture at all focal lengths. This lens incorporates Super Multi Layer Coating to reduce the influence of harmful light caused by reflections from the digital image sensor.
Two SLD elements, one Glass Mold Aspherical plus two Hybrid Aspherical lenses provide excellent correction of various aberrations and a high level of optical performance. The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 40cm (15.7 inches) at all focal lengths and is capable of macro photography with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.8. It also incorporates a Dual Focus (DF) system that is designed to make the lens easy to hold during autofocusing, and yet provides a large focus ring for easy manual focusing. Since the front of the lens does not rotate, a Petal-type hood and circular polarizing filters can be easily used.
28-70mm F2.8 EX DG
World’s smallest, lightweight, yet Robust, Large Aperture Zoom Lens
- EX DG Lens Series; Designed to give an excellent performance with Digital SLR Cameras as well as 35mm Film Cameras
- Super Multi Layer (SML) coating reduces ghost and flare
- Two pieces of Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements and four aspherical lenses provide high quality images throughout the entire zoom range
- Minimum focusing distance of 33cm (13 in.) at all focal lengths
Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the new 28-70mm F2.8 EX DG lens. This is the world’s smallest, large and constant aperture zoom lens and is ideal for digital SLR cameras. The power layout of the lens is specially optimized for digital SLR cameras, and Super Multi Coating gives superb color performance whilst cutting down flare and ghost.
Two SLD elements and four aspherical lenses provide the ultimate correction against distortion as well as all types of aberration, especially spherical aberration. Its advanced optical design ensures high performance throughout the entire zoom range.
The use of aspherical lenses in the construction of this lens not only corrects aberrations but also produces a very small and lightweight lens design. Its compact, yet robust, construction has an overall length of 87.2mm (3.4in.), maximum diameter of 74mm (2.9in.), filter size of φ67mm and weight of 510g(18.0 ounces). It has a minimum focusing distance of 33cm (13 in.) at all focal lengths and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.4 which is very convenient for close-up photography.
The inner focus system allows the lens to be focused without rotating the front element, therefore a Petal-type hood and circular polarizing filters can easily be used.
Jul 13, 2007
May 25, 2007
Apr 13, 2007
Mar 28, 2007
|"Hole in the Wall" by gordonpritchard|
|This is Osterdeich by Olaf R|
from Sports Fan(s)
|Rufous Hummingbird by jdc562|
from A Big Year - birds
|SALUTING by TX Photo Doc|
from - The True Blue American Male - (Portrait in Full Colours Only + A Border)