PMA 2009: Canon has announced a new AF fix for the EOS-1D Mark III and EOS-1Ds Mark III. This is in addition to the sub mirror fix issued earlier by Canon, and requires returning the camera to Canon for service. New firmware for the 1D Mark III and 1Ds Mark III has also been released to fix issues with live view, USB communication, and to update camera error codes. This brings the versions up to 1.2.5 and 1.1.4 respectively, and is available for download now.
From Canon's statement:
Canon is aware that some owners of the EOS-1D Mark III and EOS-1Ds Mark III digital SLR cameras have been experiencing problems with their cameras concerning the accuracy of the Auto focusing and display of the error code Err99. Canon has investigated the cause of these issues and is pleased to announce a service solutions to these issues.
To obtain free check up and repair (if required) for these issues, please visit the Canon service web site for more information and register your product and details on the 1D(s) Mark III repair registration form.
Users who have registered using the Canon 1D(s) Mark III repair registration form will be contacted by their local Canon service center to schedule a check up, to ensure the minimum inconvenience to customers as possible.
Finally Canon Inc have today published a web page explaining to users how to get the best out of their EOS-1D Mark III AF system.
The firmware for both 1D Mark III and 1Ds Mark III resolve the same issues:
1. Correction of a display issue with Live view which caused the camera to display a black screen when using the Live View zoom/enlarge function.
2. Correction of a USB communication issue which caused the camera to remain in USB communication mode even when the USB cable has been disconnected and the message "busy" to be continuously displayed on the LCD.
3. Changes to the error codes. More detailed error codes are now displayed, enabling better clarification as to the causes of errors.
New error codes
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!