Ricoh unveils P10 28-300mm equiv. GXR module
Ricoh has unveiled the P10 28-300mm equivalent F3.5-5.6 VC lens module for the GXR system with a 1/2.3" back-illuminated CMOS sensor. The image-stabilized unit includes features such as RAW capture, HD video recording and 5 fps continuous shooting (120 fps at VGA). The P10 is the third module available for GXR users, with the A12 28 mm equivalent F2.5 prime lens module currently under development.
The company says that although the optical formula of the lens is the same as that of the CX3, the lens construction has been changed and the design 'optimized' to offer higher quality images. The lens module also makes use of revised image processing algorithms which can be communicated across to the GXR body as a firmware update when they are first connected.
Ricoh announces RICOH LENS P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC
Tokyo, Japan, May 7, 2010—Ricoh Co., Ltd. (president and CEO: Shiro Kondo) today announced the development and release of the new GXR camera unit RICOH LENS P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC*1.
Featuring a high-magnification 10.7x (28-300 mm) optical wide-angle zoom and high-speed continuous shooting of RAW still images at about 5 frames/second*2, this camera unit has a back-illuminated CMOS sensor and an advanced noise reduction function.
Image processing engine Smooth Imaging Engine IV and the high-speed image processing capabilities of the CMOS sensor combine to enhance image quality and expand dynamic range. The 10.7x optical zoom expands image-creation possibilities from wide-angle through telephoto.
The RAW mode high-speed continuous shooting at about 5 frames/second enables the photographer to catch the desired scene. And the noise reduction function and back-illuminated CMOS sensor together give high imaging performance in low-light shooting.
Also included are a 1280 x 720 pixel HD movie function, the dynamic range double shot mode function, a macro function capable of close-up shooting at 1 cm, and many other enhanced functions for diverse and effortless enjoyment of shooting from 28 mm wide-angle to 300 mm telephoto.
For this model, there are two package types available. The product name "RICOH LENS P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC" refers to just the camera unit by itself. Product name "GXR+P10 KIT" refers to the GXR body and the RICOH LENS P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC camera unit packaged together.
Main features of RICOH LENS P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC
This GXR camera unit has a 10.7x optical zoom (28-300 mm) that enables the photographer to shoot at will from wide-angle to telephoto.
- With 28 mm wide-angle to 300 mm telephoto coverage, this high-magnification zoom lens can handle a wide range of shooting situations, including powerful telephoto shots as well as wide-angle shooting of both expansive landscapes and interior scenes with limited distance between camera and subject.
- There is also a zoom function for changing to high-speed zoom when the photographer continues to push the zoom lever.
Get the shot you want with high-speed continuous shooting functions capable of high image quality
- High-speed continuous shooting functions have been improved. It is now possible to do high-speed continuous shooting in RAW mode at a rate of up to about 5 frames/second*3.
- The M-continuous plus shooting function saves consecutive images shot before the finger is removed from the shutter release button. To fit the scene being photographed, you can select from two modes: M-Continuous Plus (Low)*4 for 15 images taken in as little as three seconds and M-Continuous Plus (Hi)*5 for 26 images taken in about 0.9 seconds.
- Ultra-high-speed continuous shooting is possible with shooting of 120 images (120 frames/sec.) during an interval of about one second after the shutter release button is pushed or 120 images (60 frames/sec.) during an interval of about two seconds. Image size is fixed at 640 × 480 VGA. The consecutively shot images are recorded as a single MP file (a file format with multiple still images in a single file).
A back-illuminated CMOS sensor strong in low-light scenes and a powerful noise reduction function
Performing noise reduction processing on the signal immediately after it is output by the back-illuminated CMOS sensor makes it possible to reduce noise while maintaining resolution, tone characteristics, and saturation.
The noise reduction level can be specified as Off, Weak, Strong, or MAX. By specifying MAX, it is possible to do sophisticated variance-estimation type noise reduction processing in which the sensor image data's noise variance is analyzed and the optimum processing is done for each region.
- Residing on a customized circuit of the image processing engine, the pixel output interpolation algorithm reduces whiteout in high-contrast situations, thereby recreating beauty as seen.
- Dynamic range double shot mode makes it possible to record images with an almost naked-eye impression. Enjoy the possibilities created by a dynamic range expansion effect equivalent to up to 12EV.
- Multi-pattern auto white balance makes it possible to recreate natural as-seen colors even in people-photography scenes that were difficult to shoot with past auto white balance functions, such as scenes with both shadow and sunlight and scenes mixing flash and natural light (or fluorescent light, etc.).
A wide range of functions
- It is now possible to shoot 1280 × 720 pixel HD movies.
- With the macro photography functions you can get as close to the subject as 1 cm for wide angle*6 and 27 cm for telephoto.
Note: When shooting movies of 1280 × 720 size, the use of an SD/SDHC memory card with an SD speed class of Class 6 or higher is recommended.
Special features common to GXR camera units
- The automatic exposure modes include program shift mode, shutter priority mode, and aperture priority*7 mode.
- Picture settings can be customized with nine setting levels for easy creation of a diverse range of images.
- ISO3200 facilitates shooting in low light conditions.
- The Pre-AF function accelerates focusing speed by adjusting the focus to match subject movement.
- The full press snap function shoots at a preset distance for a one-push full-press of the shutter-release button.
- When shooting subjects up close, the camera automatically switches to macro mode so macro photography can now be enjoyed without having to worry about switching modes.(Auto macro setting)
*1 The "VC" designation indicates that this unit has the Vibration Correction function developed independently by Ricoh.
*2 The maximum number of images for continuous shooting in RAW mode is five.
*3 Continuous shooting speed will vary depending on shooting conditions, card type, card condition, etc.
*4 M-Continuous Plus (Low) image size is fixed at 10M 4:3N.
*5 M-Continuous Plus (Hi) image size is fixed at 2M 4:3N. The consecutively shot images are recorded as a single MP file (a file format with multiple still images in a single file).
*6 Equivalent to 31 mm focal length for 35 mm cameras
*7 ND filter used for aperture priority mode.
|Designation||P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC|
|Focal length||4.9-52.5 mm|
|Focal length (35mm equiv.)||28-300 mm|
|Construction||10 elements in 7 groups (4 aspherical lens elements)|
|Focus range||• Approx. 30 cm – ∞
• Macro: 1cm
|Effective Pixels||Approx 10 million|
|Image Sensor||• 1/2.3" CMOS
• Total pixels: 10.6 Million
• Max file size: 3648 × 2736
|Focus||• Contrast detect AF
• Manual focus
|Shutter speeds||• Stills: 30 sec - 1/2000
• Movies: 1/30 sec - 1/2000
• ISO 100-3200
|Continuous Shooting||• 5 fps (RAW)
• 30 fps
• 120 fps
• Raw buffer: 3 or 4 frames
|File types||• JPEG (2 levels)
• Raw (DNG)
|File Sizes||3648 × 2736, 3648 × 2432, 3648 × 2048, 2736 × 2736, 3264 × 1840, 3264 × 2448, 3264 × 2176, 2448 × 2448, 2592 × 1944, 2048 × 1536, 1280 × 960, 640 × 480|
|Movie mode||• 1280 x 720
• 640 x 480
• 320 x 240
• 30 fps
• Motion JPEG AVI
|Battery life (CIPA)||DB-90: approx. 440 shots|
|Dimensions||114mm × 58mm × 50mm
(when mounted on the GXR body)
Mar 24, 2011
Aug 6, 2010
Aug 6, 2010
Feb 14, 2013
|Valley by the light of a blue moon by cjf2|
from Down in the Valley
|Lake Erie Stone Pier by yobbyt|
from Dock or Pier