Panasonic announces upcoming firmware update for DMC-GH2
Panasonic has announced a firmware update for its Lumix DMC-GH2 video-orientated interchangeable lens camera that will offer a range of improvements and new features. First and foremost is a high bitrate (24Mbps) movie mode that's designed for video editing purposes. Extended compatibility with the company's latest 'X' series powerzoom lenses is also included, as is the ability to turn all touchscreen features completely off. An update to the PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 software will also be available to handle the GH2's new video mode. Both updates will be available at the beginning of December.
Panasonic Announces the Firmware Update Program for DMC-GH2 and PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition
Panasonic announces the new firmware update program for the digital interchangeable lens system cameras DMC-GH2 of LUMIX G Micro System and for the GH2 bundled software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition.
The new firmware programs will be available worldwide from the beginning of December at http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/.
The following functions will be available with the new firmware:
- New video mode which is suitable for editing video recorded at high bit rate (24Mbps)
- New functional option with Power Zoom Lens ([DISP FOCAL LENGTH (Display of Focal Length)], [STEP ZOOM], [ZOOM RESUME], [ZOOM SPEED] and [ZOOM RING*])
- Full area enlargement of AF area setting
- Improvement in the speed of consecutive shooting when shot with auto bracket
- Increased number of recordable images in consecutive shooting
- [EX.TELE CONV. (Extra Tele Conversion)] can be set ON/OFF separately in photo or video recording
- More accurate light adjustment of built-in flash
- Improvement in the AF performance in video recording
- Synchronization of alarm volume for low battery with [BEEP VOLUME]
- New [HALF-PRESS RELEASE] function
- Improved NR(Noise Reduction) in high sensitivity shooting
- ON/OFF control of the touch-screen
For PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition
- Compatible with new video mode added with the GH2 firmware update mentioned above
*Available with LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. only.
Nov 7, 2011
Nov 5, 2014
Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014
|Arch-itecture by Nilesh Trivedi|
from Random Items - Challenge #30
|Rocky Mountain Elk by evancj|
from Odds are...