Sigma APO 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM
Pre-PMA 2008: To satisfy photographers who are absolutely terrified of the things they like to photograph, Sigma has introduced the frankly enormous 150-500mm f/5-6.3 zoom. It's packed with Sigma's technological goodies, including Optical Stabilization and Hypersonic autofocus motor and will be available in Sigma, Canon, Nikon, Pentax and Sony mounts.
APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM
High ratio zoom lens housed in a compact construction and incorporating Sigma’s original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function.
The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS
- Incorporating Sigma’s original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function.
- An ultra-telephoto zoom lens covers a telephoto range up to 500mm and allows short perspective.
- Three SLD glass elements and a rear focus system provide optimum image quality throughout the entire zoom range.
- Super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting.
- HSM ensures quiet and high speed autofocus.
- Compatible with Sigma’s APO Tele Converters.
This ultra-telephoto zoom lens covers a telephoto range up to 500mm and allows photographers to bring the subject close and short perspective. Sigma’s original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function offers the equivalent of using a shutter speed approximately 4 stops faster. It is ideal for sports, wildlife and landscape photography with handheld shooting.
Three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide excellent correction for chromatic aberration. This lens is equipped with a rear focus system that minimizes fluctuation of aberration caused by focusing. The super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range. This lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), which ensures a quiet and high-speed AF as well as full-time manual focusing capability.
The addition of the (optional) 1.4x EX DG APO or 2x EX DG APO Tele Converters produce a 210-700mm F7-9 MF ultra-telephoto zoom lens or a 300-1000mm F10-13 MF ultra-telephoto zoom lens respectively. A removable tripod socket (TS-31) is included as a standard component.
*1 OS function is not available.
*2 If the camera body does not support HSM motor, AF does not work.
|Lens name||APO 150 - 500mm F5 - 6.3 DG OS HSM|
|Focal length||150 - 500mm|
|Maximum aperture||f/5 - 6.3|
|Lens construction||15 groups 21 elements|
|Angle of view||16.4° - 5°|
|Closest focus distance||220cm / 86.6in|
|Maximim reproduction ratio||1:5.2|
|Filter attachment size||86 mm|
|Focusing||HSM motor with manual focus override|
|Dimensions||94.7mm × 252mm (3.7× 9.9 in)|
|Weight||1910g (67.4 oz)|
|Supplied accessories|| Case
Tripod socket (TS-31)
Dec 28, 2010
Oct 22, 2010
Oct 14, 2010
Oct 5, 2010
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)