Tamron announces 14-150mm superzoom for Micro Four Thirds
Tamron has announced the 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III (model C001), a superzoom lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras which offers a 28-300mm equivalent range. It uses a stepper motor for silent autofocus (including during video recording), but doesn't include image stabilisation. This means that it's rather less suited to Panasonic cameras than it is to Olympus (or Kodak) models. It will be available on June 26th for $589.
TAMRON LAUNCHES ITS FIRST ALL-IN-ONE™ ZOOM LENS FOR MICRO FOUR THIRDS CAMERAS
14-150MM F/3.5-5.8 DI III (MODEL C001)
June 19, 2014, Commack, New York - Tamron USA, Inc. announced the price and delivery of its first All-In-One™ high power zoom lens designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras. The Tamron 14-150mm Di III (model C001) will be available in the USA starting June 26, 2014 at $589.
For the past 22 years since Tamron released to the market an extremely practical high-power zoom lens (28-200mm Model 71D) in 1992, the company has endeavored to continually develop high-power zoom lenses. By actively using its long-cultivated technology, Tamron has successfully developed an epoch-making compact and stylish, high-power all-in-one zoom lens that will further accelerate the attractiveness of the Micro Four Thirds cameras in the market.
When the development of this model was originally announced in January 2013, the lens was slated to feature built-in VC (Vibration Compensation). However, a series of deliberations and discussions over the course of the development process resulted in the removal of VC functionality.
• Employing one LD (Low Dispersion) glass element, two AD (Anomalous Dispersion) glass elements two Molded-Glass Aspherical elements and one Hybrid Aspherical element, Tamron's new Micro Four Thirds high-power all-in-one zoom lens delivers leading-edge image quality by reducing aberrations to a bare minimum
• The ingenious optical design achieves a compact body with a filter diameter of just 52mm.
• A stepping motor that is optimized to match this model provides silent, quick and accurate auto focusing.
• The metal lens barrel exterior is available in two colors: black and silver, providing the most popular color options to match high end cameras.
• Using a circular diaphragm, this lens achieves spectacular background blur effects.
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||FourThirds|
|Focal length||14–150 mm|
|Lens mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Aperture notes||Circular Diaphragm|
|Special elements / coatings||1 Low Dispersion glass element, 2 Anomalous Dispersion glass elements, 2 Molded-Glass Aspherical elements, 1 Hybrid Aspherical element|
|Minimum focus||0.50 m (19.69″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Unknown|
|Weight||285 g (0.63 lb)|
|Diameter||64 mm (2.5″)|
|Length||80 mm (3.17″)|
|Filter thread||52.0 mm|
Jan 16, 2015
Mar 20, 2017
Mar 17, 2017
Mar 9, 2017
|Umbrellas by pleytime|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 21, U
|Glass ball on a perforated metal plate _2 by harubux|