smc PENTAX-DA 17-70mm F4 AL[IF] SDM
Pentax has launched a consumer-level standard zoom lens for its range of digital SLRs: the slightly unwieldily named smc PENTAX-DA 17-70mmF4AL[IF] SDM. The lens offers the useful equivalent zoom range of 26-107mm combined with a maximum aperture of F4.0 and Pentax' SDM system which uses a supersonic motor for focusing. The latter is only compatible with Pentax' latest DSLR offerings - the K20D, K200D, K100D Super and K10D. On all other bodies focus mode will default to manual focus.
smc PENTAX-DA 17-70mmF4AL[IF] SDM A standard zoom lens offering approximately 4.1X zoom ratio, designed exclusively for PENTAX digital SLR cameras
1. Approximately 4.1-times zoom ratio covering from wide-angle to moderate-telephoto ranges
When mounted on a PENTAX digital SLR camera body, this zoom lens offers an approximately 4.1-times zoom ratio covering the focal-length range from 26mm wide angle to 107mm telephoto in the 35mm format. It offers the most frequently used focal lengths in day-to-day photography, making it ideal for a host of casual applications, including scenery, snapshot and portraiture.
2. Extra-smooth, extra-quiet SDM autofocus system
Thanks to the incorporation of the PENTAX-original SDM system driven by a built-in supersonic motor, this zoom lens offers exceptionally smooth, quiet autofocusing operation. When mounted on an SDM-compatible PENTAX digital SLR camera body,* the focus mode is automatically switched to SDM-assisted autofocusing. Because this zoom lens has been developed exclusively for SDM-assisted autofocusing, it is designed compact and maneuverable despite the incorporation of the built-in supersonic motor.
* This lens is compatible with the K20D, K200D, K100D Super and K10D (with Ver. 1.30 or later firmware installed) camera bodies. When mounted on other camera bodies, the focus mode is automatically switched to manual.
3. Exceptional image description
Incorporating two hybrid aspherical (AL) optical elements in its optics, this zoom lens assures exceptional image quality, while effectively compensating various aberrations.
4. Maximum aperture of F4 over the entire zoom range
Since this zoom lens offers a maximum aperture of F4 over the entire zoom range, it lets the photographer use higher shutter speeds to minimize annoying camera shake — especially in telephoto applications — or reduce the depth of field to intentionally throw the background out of focus.
5. Digital SLR-exclusive optical design
From lens coating and curvature to the positioning of optical elements, the optics has been meticulously designed to optimize the lens’s digital imaging characteristics. The image circle is perfectly proportioned to the camera’s image-sensor size.
6. Other features
(1) Minimum focusing distance of 0.28 meters over the entire zoom range
(2) Inner-Focus (IF) system to eliminate lens extension and retraction
during focusing operation
(3) Quick-Shift Focus System for instant switching to manual-focus operation
without any focus-mode changes, after the subject is captured in focus
by the AF system
(4) SP (Super Protect) coating applied to the front surface to repel dust,
water and grease
Jun 3, 2011
Apr 20, 2011
Apr 7, 2011
Mar 16, 2011
|Valley by the light of a blue moon by cjf2|
from Down in the Valley
|Lake Erie Stone Pier by yobbyt|
from Dock or Pier
|Hong Kong by Zephyr1977|