PMA 2004: Buried within a press release for their RTUNE engine
are the announcements for the two new Kyocera cameras being shown at PMA.
The Finecam SL400R which is essentially a 4 megapixel version of their
recent SL300R, and the M410R a 4 megapixel, 10x optical zoom digital camera,
the Japanese press release also shows the same camera in silver as the
M400R, we're not sure whether this is a Japanese only model though. RTUNE
provides unparalled high speed capture, faster start-up/shutter response/shot-to-shot
times and improved picture quality.
KYOCERA's Breakthrough RTUNE(TM) Image Processing Technology Fulfills the Promise of Digital Photography
Kyocera's RTUNE Provides Unparalled High Speed Capture, Faster Start-Up/Shutter Response/Shot-to-Shot Times and Improved Picture Quality
Somerset, NJ Kyocera Optics Inc., a leader in advanced digital imaging products,unveiled its breakthrough RTUNE Image Processing Technology with the release of its 5-Megapixel Finecam S5R and 3.2-Megapixel Finecam SL300R digital cameras. Now they have expanded their family with the introduction of the Contax SL300R T*, Finecam SL400R and M410R models. Each offers the world's fastest Continuous Capture Mode in their respective Megapixel configurations, up to an amazing 3.5 frames per second with the Finecam SL300R and Contax SL300R T* models. They are only limited by the capacity of the High Speed SD memory card being used and all models boast a virtually non-existent lag time of 0.07 seconds.
This new technology addresses the top consumer irritants that users have experienced with their digital cameras.
RTUNE Technology provides the following benefits:
- Faster Start-Up: Powers up in less than a second
- Faster Shutter Response: Virtually non-existent shutter lag time of 0.07 second
- Faster Shot to Shot Times: Ready to shoot the next image in under a second
- Continuous Capture Mode:Up to 3.5 frames per second until your high speed SD memory card is full - fastest image processing on the planet
- Beautiful Pictures: Balanced, accurate colors. Better contrast and detail. Virtually no picture noise
With Kyoceras RTUNE Technology, users are able to:
- Take images that were missed before due to digital shutter lag
- Experience faster shot-to-shot performance, similar to what they are used to with a traditional point and zoom film camera
- Instantly power on their camera, take a picture or a continuous stream of photos
With Kyoceras exclusive RTUNE Technology, digital photography has finally realized its potential and is closer than ever to the traditional film shooting experience, explained Ben La Marca, President of Kyocera Optics, Inc. Digital Photographers no longer have to worry about missing important moments of spontaneity. Armed with RTUNE Technology, users can instantly switch on their camera, instantly take a picture or a continuous stream of photos, and expect the camera to instantly write the image and be ready again.
With RTUNE, the image is captured from the CCD and is already being processed through the parallel processing operations that eliminate typical buffer constraints. As you are taking the pictures, you can simultaneously view the captured images in real time with no capture performance degradation.
The paralleled processor, with dedicated hardware blocks, simultaneously captures, processes and writes the resulting images to the High Speed SD card. This enables non-stop capture, eliminating bottlenecks and functioning at an amazing 10 - 12 times faster than the competition.
High performance, high resolution Movie Mode is twice as good as its 4MP/5MP competitors with 640 x 480 at 30 fps and 720 x 1280 HD at 15 fps.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%