Pre-PMA 2005: HP has today announced a BMW Williams F1 Team version of the four megapixel R607. The metal bodied-camera boasts a 3x zoom, eight shooting modes, a 6cm macro function and HP Adaptive Lighting technology plus in-camera red-eye removal. The special edition camera also features HP image advice for instant analysis and ideas on how you can take better photos. It comes with a customized BMW camera case and is expected to ship in May priced $349.
Take great photos at 4.1 MP resolution that make beautiful prints and enlargements up to 11x17 inches. Capture virtually any moment, near or far, with eight shooting modes and 21x total zoom (3x optical Pentax lens, 7x digital) with the small but mighty HP Photosmart R607 digital camera with HP Instant Share. Exclusive HP Adaptive Lighting technology, when enabled, reveals details in shadowed faces or in the background of high contrast photos. In-camera red-eye removal eliminates red-eye without additional flashes or software touch-ups. Learn to take great photos with the least amount of effort using HP Image Advice. Snap a photo and select on the camera where it will go the next time you dock or connect to your PC using HP Instant Share—the easiest way to send photos via e-mail without burdening receivers with large file attachments. Optional dock charges two lithium ion batteries (in-camera and included spare) and enables digital photo slide shows on TV with a remote.
Small camera, big results
- Ultra-compact with durable metal front—4.1 MP fortrue-to-life photos and enlargements up to 11” x 17”.
- Unique, sculpted grip feels great and keeps the camera steady for quick shots.
- Sharper shots
- Get outstanding close-ups and capture shots from a distance using 21x total zoom—3x optical Pentax lens and 7x digital—and 8 shooting modes. Pentax precision lens auto-focuses for clear, crisp shots near or far.
See details in shadows
- Automatically brighten select areas of photos with HP
Adaptive Lighting technology—bring details out of the
shadows for shots that look more like what you see
with your own eyes.
Exclusive HP Real Life technologies
- Become a better photographer with exclusive HP Real Life technologies—includes in-camera red-eye removal, HP image advice, and panorama preview mode.
- Use in-camera red-eye removal to eliminate red-eye without software touch-ups.
- Take accurate, multi-shot photos in panorama mode— intuitive system shows where to start the next photo— then review them on your camera LCD.
- Use HP image advice for instant analysis and ideas on how you can take better photos next time.
HP Instant Share
- Snap a photo and choose from up to 34 destinations— e-mail addresses, online albums and more—you've set up on your camera. Dock or connect the camera to your PC and HP Instant Share sends the photos— without burdening friends with large attachments.
- Charge two lithium ion batteries at once—one in the camera and one in the spare battery bay.
- Easily send photos to PC or printer, plus view photos and video on TV with the optional HP Photosmart R-series dock (not included, purchase separately).
HP photo software included
- Complete digital photography tasks with an easy-to-use program—HP Image Zone.
- HP Memories Disc Creator software—create your own digital photo slide shows and view them on a PC or TV with DVD player (cd-writer not included, purchase separately)
Great photo features
- Adjust and enhance your photos with manual controls and HP-exclusive settings.
- Never miss a moment—shoot video clips with sound or a series of photos using burst mode.
- 32 MB internal memory, plus SD card slot for added capacity and easy sharing.
- Includes rechargeable lithium ion battery and recharger.
- Easily print photos—without a PC—directly from your camera to HP Photosmart printers and select HP all-in-ones via included USB cable or with a memory card (the camera supports PictBridge for worry-free photo printing)
Easy connection and support
- Works easily with USB compatible PC and Mac®.
- One-year limited warranty backed by HP's 24-hour, 7-days-a-week Customer Care service and support.
- HP Customer Care, including 24-hour web support at www.hp.com/go/support.
- Recharge fast—in one hour or less*—and add stylish protection with the HP Photosmart Quick Recharge Kit, includes recharger, matching camera case, travel pouch, and spare rechargeable lithium ion battery.
1/2.5" Type CCD
|Image sizes|| 2320 x 1744
1600 x 1260
640 x 480
|Movie clips|| 288 x 216 @ 24 fps
Limited to the size of the memory card
|Lens|| 35 - 105mm (35 mm equiv) 3x optical zoom
F 2.6 - 4.3
|Digital zoom||Up to 7x|
|AF assist lamp||Yes/No|
|Focus distance|| Normal: 0.4 m - infinity
Macro: 0.18 - 0.5 m
Super macro: 0.06 - 0.25 m
Average auto exposure
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|Exposure compensation|| +/-3 EV
1/3 EV steps
|Shutter speed||16 - 1/2000 sec|
|Aperture||F 2.6 - 4.3 (W), F4.8 - 7.6 (T)|
|Scene modes||8 shooting modes|
|Continuous shooting||4 fps|
Range: Auto, auto with red-eye reduction, flash on without red-eye, off, night with red-eye
|LCD monitor|| 1.5" TFT LCD
|Print compliance|| Exif
|Storage|| SD/MMC card
32 MB internal memory
|Power||Rechargeable lithium ion battery (R07)|
|Weight||132 g (4.7 oz) lb without battery
157 g (5.5 oz) with battery
|Dimensions||90 x 59 x 28 mm (3.5 x 2.3 x 1.1 in)|
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
|Waffles with fruits by Coolinarka|
from Food photography (desserts)
|Vestrahorn Frozen Reflection by Will B Milner|
from Ice cold
Google has updated its Photos mobile apps to support the recently announced service for creating and printing physical photo books.
Europeana Photography is a new online image archive that includes more than 2 million historical photographs from European collections in 34 countries, covering the first 100 years of photography. Read more
Manufacturers love to state CRI (color rendering index) numbers to prove that their LED lights will provide great color, but a single CRI score doesn't tell the whole story.
NASA's Juno spacecraft is sending back its first images from Jovean orbit, and they're beautiful. Read more
We got our hands on the first zoom lens available for Fujifim's new digital medium format system. Check out the samples
As summer really gets going over here in the Northern hemisphere, the team at Imaging Resource has put together a list of the best cameras for backpacking.
The Ukrainian Parliament banned statues of Lenin in 2015. Two years later, the monuments no longer adorn public buildings or stand watch over town squares, but they're still there.
If you had to choose one camera to bring along for the ultimate West coast road trip, what would it be? DPR's Sam Spencer choose the X100F. Read more
The a9 boasts impressive capability. As more examples of it in practice pour in, Sony's claims hold up. Watch the a9 track and maintain focus on a rapidly approaching basketball.
Last week, more than a million tonnes of Californian coastline slid into the ocean, taking part of Highway 1 with it. Check out the remodeling in photos taken before and after the landslide.
Even after eighteen months of reviewing the latest, greatest, shiniest and must-buy-me-est new gear, DPReview staffer Carey Rose has continued to use older DSLR cameras for his freelance work. But now, that might be changing. Read more
Sony is the world's leading mirrorless camera brand but remains third for ILCs overall, it's said in a presentation to investors. A focus on high value cameras and lenses should boost operating income, it says. Read more
It's nicknamed the 'Cycloptic Mustard Monster,' and is a 3D printed medium format camera. Read more
The new NanGuang LED lights are battery powered and come with accessories including filters and diffusers.
Have you been telling yourself, "Hey, I really need one of those 8K displays?" A video about Dell's new 8K monitor shows you what to expect. Is it really that much better?
Tamara Lackey, a Nikon ambassador USA and pro shooter, discusses embracing self-consciousness as a means of connecting with subjects.
There's a new Spiderman movie coming out and the poster been generating a lot of online chatter. Mostly about how it looks like the creation of a fevered teenager that just discovered Photoshop.
An honest defense of the system's merits, with photos as proof.
Copyright disputes are no fun at all. 'Binded' is a new startup that aims to simplify the process of registering - and enforcing - copyright for photographers. Read more
Not everyone wants to pay a premium for a long zoom camera. Thankfully, there are many reasonably priced cameras available, though they won't offer the same image quality as enthusiast models. In this updated roundup we look at big zoom cameras with more consumer-friendly price tags. Read more
Think Tank Photo has updated two of its popular bag lines with improvements to functionality. Read more
We’ve all seen Bob Jackson’s Pulitzer Prize winning photo, but there's another.
The sample footage looks good.
It will automatically pick the best camera settings depending on shooting conditions. It even promises enhanced functionality for your camera, like exposure and focus stacking. It already supports many cameras from Canon, Fuji, Nikon and Sony. Read more
As if $13,950 wasn’t enough to pay for a special edition lens, the Leica Store in San Francisco is offering a prototype of said lens for $24,995. Read more
Make those old photos disappear without deleting them forever.
Firmware updates enable 10 fps shooting with adapted A-mount lenses, and faster startup times and better compatibility for 20 fps shooting when using native lenses on the a9.
Fujifilm has released firmware updates for its camera models X-T2, X-Pro2, GFX 50s, X-T20, X100F and X-T1 and updates to three of its software products.
A 22 year-old Romanian photographer uses his DJI Phantom 4 drone to capture unique perspectives of the city where he now lives.
What's it like to ride the waves with champion surfer Kelly Slater? This VR video from Teton Gravity Research gives you a taste.