Pre-PMA 2005: HP has today announced a BMW Williams F1 Team version of the four megapixel R607. The metal bodied-camera boasts a 3x zoom, eight shooting modes, a 6cm macro function and HP Adaptive Lighting technology plus in-camera red-eye removal. The special edition camera also features HP image advice for instant analysis and ideas on how you can take better photos. It comes with a customized BMW camera case and is expected to ship in May priced $349.
Take great photos at 4.1 MP resolution that make beautiful prints and enlargements up to 11x17 inches. Capture virtually any moment, near or far, with eight shooting modes and 21x total zoom (3x optical Pentax lens, 7x digital) with the small but mighty HP Photosmart R607 digital camera with HP Instant Share. Exclusive HP Adaptive Lighting technology, when enabled, reveals details in shadowed faces or in the background of high contrast photos. In-camera red-eye removal eliminates red-eye without additional flashes or software touch-ups. Learn to take great photos with the least amount of effort using HP Image Advice. Snap a photo and select on the camera where it will go the next time you dock or connect to your PC using HP Instant Share—the easiest way to send photos via e-mail without burdening receivers with large file attachments. Optional dock charges two lithium ion batteries (in-camera and included spare) and enables digital photo slide shows on TV with a remote.
Small camera, big results
- Ultra-compact with durable metal front—4.1 MP fortrue-to-life photos and enlargements up to 11” x 17”.
- Unique, sculpted grip feels great and keeps the camera steady for quick shots.
- Sharper shots
- Get outstanding close-ups and capture shots from a distance using 21x total zoom—3x optical Pentax lens and 7x digital—and 8 shooting modes. Pentax precision lens auto-focuses for clear, crisp shots near or far.
See details in shadows
- Automatically brighten select areas of photos with HP
Adaptive Lighting technology—bring details out of the
shadows for shots that look more like what you see
with your own eyes.
Exclusive HP Real Life technologies
- Become a better photographer with exclusive HP Real Life technologies—includes in-camera red-eye removal, HP image advice, and panorama preview mode.
- Use in-camera red-eye removal to eliminate red-eye without software touch-ups.
- Take accurate, multi-shot photos in panorama mode— intuitive system shows where to start the next photo— then review them on your camera LCD.
- Use HP image advice for instant analysis and ideas on how you can take better photos next time.
HP Instant Share
- Snap a photo and choose from up to 34 destinations— e-mail addresses, online albums and more—you've set up on your camera. Dock or connect the camera to your PC and HP Instant Share sends the photos— without burdening friends with large attachments.
- Charge two lithium ion batteries at once—one in the camera and one in the spare battery bay.
- Easily send photos to PC or printer, plus view photos and video on TV with the optional HP Photosmart R-series dock (not included, purchase separately).
HP photo software included
- Complete digital photography tasks with an easy-to-use program—HP Image Zone.
- HP Memories Disc Creator software—create your own digital photo slide shows and view them on a PC or TV with DVD player (cd-writer not included, purchase separately)
Great photo features
- Adjust and enhance your photos with manual controls and HP-exclusive settings.
- Never miss a moment—shoot video clips with sound or a series of photos using burst mode.
- 32 MB internal memory, plus SD card slot for added capacity and easy sharing.
- Includes rechargeable lithium ion battery and recharger.
- Easily print photos—without a PC—directly from your camera to HP Photosmart printers and select HP all-in-ones via included USB cable or with a memory card (the camera supports PictBridge for worry-free photo printing)
Easy connection and support
- Works easily with USB compatible PC and Mac®.
- One-year limited warranty backed by HP's 24-hour, 7-days-a-week Customer Care service and support.
- HP Customer Care, including 24-hour web support at www.hp.com/go/support.
- Recharge fast—in one hour or less*—and add stylish protection with the HP Photosmart Quick Recharge Kit, includes recharger, matching camera case, travel pouch, and spare rechargeable lithium ion battery.
1/2.5" Type CCD
|Image sizes|| 2320 x 1744
1600 x 1260
640 x 480
|Movie clips|| 288 x 216 @ 24 fps
Limited to the size of the memory card
|Lens|| 35 - 105mm (35 mm equiv) 3x optical zoom
F 2.6 - 4.3
|Digital zoom||Up to 7x|
|AF assist lamp||Yes/No|
|Focus distance|| Normal: 0.4 m - infinity
Macro: 0.18 - 0.5 m
Super macro: 0.06 - 0.25 m
Average auto exposure
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|Exposure compensation|| +/-3 EV
1/3 EV steps
|Shutter speed||16 - 1/2000 sec|
|Aperture||F 2.6 - 4.3 (W), F4.8 - 7.6 (T)|
|Scene modes||8 shooting modes|
|Continuous shooting||4 fps|
Range: Auto, auto with red-eye reduction, flash on without red-eye, off, night with red-eye
|LCD monitor|| 1.5" TFT LCD
|Print compliance|| Exif
|Storage|| SD/MMC card
32 MB internal memory
|Power||Rechargeable lithium ion battery (R07)|
|Weight||132 g (4.7 oz) lb without battery
157 g (5.5 oz) with battery
|Dimensions||90 x 59 x 28 mm (3.5 x 2.3 x 1.1 in)|
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
|Moon 99% D55 C14 St-Zénon 20170806 DP by MarioSS|
from Best Picture of the Week
|Reeds on lake by kkardster|
from Abstracts in Nature
|Florence & the Machine by Dutch Newchurch|
from Second chances..
NASA photo editor Joel Kowsky didn't just capture the solar eclipse from his vantage point in Wyoming, he also managed to capture the ISS buzzing across what remained of the sun.
In these videos, talented photographer and filmmaker Daniel DeArco breaks down several tips that will help flash photography newbies start experimenting with artificial light.
Photographer and master potter Steve Irvine makes incredibly intricate, functional ceramic pinhole cameras that look like robots and monsters.
Chinese gimbal manufacturer Gudsen has released a firmware update for its Moza Air that lets you control the direction and angle of the head remotely just by moving a small handlebar-mounted control unit.
Curious how the Sony a9 performs underwater? Our friends at Backscatter took the camera diving off the Baja California coast, to find out how it handled shooting great white sharks.
While most of the DPReview crew put away our cameras and just watched the celestial event, Rishi decided last-minute to hack together a rig and capture a few shots.
Defunct Russian camera maker Zenit is making a comeback, and they're planning to release a full-frame mirrorless camera in 2018.
The days where you're more or less locked into premium or first-party flash units has gone. They're less than $50 now, so there's one less excuse not to get one. Here's our case for adding one to your kit, and a few pointers to get you going.
If you're shooting the solar eclipse here's a hint: don't fry your camera's sensor. Use a proper solar filter that offers at least 16 stops of light filtration, along with UV and IR filtering. More important? Don't look at it unless you've got solar filters. Sensors can be replaced, your retinas can't.
Photographer Rick Wenner recently captured an odd event called the Race of the Gentlemen with a rather odd camera: The Phase One XF IQ3 Achromatic, the world's only 101MP black-and-white digital back.
Buying used is a good way to save some dough, and with the right precautions you can protect yourself from falling victim to a scam.
This two-part video series takes a deep dive into the world of dynamic symmetry and geometric composition, using iconic photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson's brilliant photographs as a guide.
Award-winning photographer Jeremy Cowart tells the moving story behind this drone photograph, captured in the aftermath of the devastating wildfire in Gatlinburg, TN in 2016.
Happy 2017 World Photo Day! We asked everyone on staff at DPReview to share one photo that they took within the last year that makes them jazzed on photography. Here's what we chose.
French President Emmanuel Macron has lodged a legal complaint against a paparazzo who snuck onto the president's private vacation property to take pictures.
Ever wonder what the difference is between compressed, uncompressed and lossless compressed Raw files? Photography Life's Nasim Mansurov breaks it down for you in this informative article.
The oldest known portrait of a US president was just discovered after over a century in storage. It's going up for auction in October, where it's expected to fetch between $150,000 and $250,000.
If you're using the popular Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 Art lens with Sigma's MC-11 converter, listen up: you'll want to update your lens and converter firmware ASAP.
If you've heard it once, you've probably heard it a thousand times: never check in your camera gear when flying. This shattered $11,000 lens is what can happen when you do.
Lensrentals just did its first Cine lens comparison, pitting five top-notch 35mm primes against each other: the Zeiss CP.2 35mm T2.1, Canon CN-E 35mm T1.5, Sigma 35mm T1.5 FF, Rokinon Xeen 35mm T1.5 and Schneider Xenon 35mm T2.1.
A team of Google researchers have found that slightly warping watermarks when embedding them into images can help prevent automatic removal.
You don't have to empty your savings account to take your photography to the next level. These cheap buys cost about $50 or less, and come with outsized benefits for your photography.
Joey L, Dani Diamond, Brandon Woelfel and Jessica Kobeissi go head-to-head in an episode of "4 photographers shoot the same model."
The latest flagship phone from Asus combines a 12MP 1/2.55" Sony IMX362 main sensor with a smaller Sony IMX351 chip for 2x zoom and a background-blurring portrait mode.
The company behind popular photo editor Picktorial 3 just released the X-Pack: a preset package that allows you to add Fuji's in-camera film simulation profiles to your RAF files in post.
Photoshop. GoPro. Every once in a while a product emerges that defines a category. And sometimes, it vanishes just as quickly as it arrived on the scene. This week's Throwback Thursday remembers the Flip, the pocket camcorder everyone had – until they didn't.
The Nokia 8's dual-cam combines the image data from a 13MP RGB sensor and a 13 monochrome chip for better detail, improved dynamic range and lower noise levels.
The company behind retail giant B&H Photo has agreed to pay out $3.2 million in monetary relief and back wages to settle a discrimination and harassment case from 2016.
After a popular Facebook teaser and some studio portrait samples, Godox has finally officially released the Godox A1 smartphone flash and flash trigger. Cheap, versatile and innovative, color us intrigued.
Canon’s EOS 5D Mk IV has won the European Imaging and Sound Association’s Professional DSLR of the Year award, making this the third year in a row that the brand has beaten Nikon to the top spot in the professional camera category.