Pre-PMA 2005: HP has today announced a BMW Williams F1 Team version of the four megapixel R607. The metal bodied-camera boasts a 3x zoom, eight shooting modes, a 6cm macro function and HP Adaptive Lighting technology plus in-camera red-eye removal. The special edition camera also features HP image advice for instant analysis and ideas on how you can take better photos. It comes with a customized BMW camera case and is expected to ship in May priced $349.
Take great photos at 4.1 MP resolution that make beautiful prints and enlargements up to 11x17 inches. Capture virtually any moment, near or far, with eight shooting modes and 21x total zoom (3x optical Pentax lens, 7x digital) with the small but mighty HP Photosmart R607 digital camera with HP Instant Share. Exclusive HP Adaptive Lighting technology, when enabled, reveals details in shadowed faces or in the background of high contrast photos. In-camera red-eye removal eliminates red-eye without additional flashes or software touch-ups. Learn to take great photos with the least amount of effort using HP Image Advice. Snap a photo and select on the camera where it will go the next time you dock or connect to your PC using HP Instant Share—the easiest way to send photos via e-mail without burdening receivers with large file attachments. Optional dock charges two lithium ion batteries (in-camera and included spare) and enables digital photo slide shows on TV with a remote.
Small camera, big results
- Ultra-compact with durable metal front—4.1 MP fortrue-to-life photos and enlargements up to 11” x 17”.
- Unique, sculpted grip feels great and keeps the camera steady for quick shots.
- Sharper shots
- Get outstanding close-ups and capture shots from a distance using 21x total zoom—3x optical Pentax lens and 7x digital—and 8 shooting modes. Pentax precision lens auto-focuses for clear, crisp shots near or far.
See details in shadows
- Automatically brighten select areas of photos with HP
Adaptive Lighting technology—bring details out of the
shadows for shots that look more like what you see
with your own eyes.
Exclusive HP Real Life technologies
- Become a better photographer with exclusive HP Real Life technologies—includes in-camera red-eye removal, HP image advice, and panorama preview mode.
- Use in-camera red-eye removal to eliminate red-eye without software touch-ups.
- Take accurate, multi-shot photos in panorama mode— intuitive system shows where to start the next photo— then review them on your camera LCD.
- Use HP image advice for instant analysis and ideas on how you can take better photos next time.
HP Instant Share
- Snap a photo and choose from up to 34 destinations— e-mail addresses, online albums and more—you've set up on your camera. Dock or connect the camera to your PC and HP Instant Share sends the photos— without burdening friends with large attachments.
- Charge two lithium ion batteries at once—one in the camera and one in the spare battery bay.
- Easily send photos to PC or printer, plus view photos and video on TV with the optional HP Photosmart R-series dock (not included, purchase separately).
HP photo software included
- Complete digital photography tasks with an easy-to-use program—HP Image Zone.
- HP Memories Disc Creator software—create your own digital photo slide shows and view them on a PC or TV with DVD player (cd-writer not included, purchase separately)
Great photo features
- Adjust and enhance your photos with manual controls and HP-exclusive settings.
- Never miss a moment—shoot video clips with sound or a series of photos using burst mode.
- 32 MB internal memory, plus SD card slot for added capacity and easy sharing.
- Includes rechargeable lithium ion battery and recharger.
- Easily print photos—without a PC—directly from your camera to HP Photosmart printers and select HP all-in-ones via included USB cable or with a memory card (the camera supports PictBridge for worry-free photo printing)
Easy connection and support
- Works easily with USB compatible PC and Mac®.
- One-year limited warranty backed by HP's 24-hour, 7-days-a-week Customer Care service and support.
- HP Customer Care, including 24-hour web support at www.hp.com/go/support.
- Recharge fast—in one hour or less*—and add stylish protection with the HP Photosmart Quick Recharge Kit, includes recharger, matching camera case, travel pouch, and spare rechargeable lithium ion battery.
1/2.5" Type CCD
|Image sizes|| 2320 x 1744
1600 x 1260
640 x 480
|Movie clips|| 288 x 216 @ 24 fps
Limited to the size of the memory card
|Lens|| 35 - 105mm (35 mm equiv) 3x optical zoom
F 2.6 - 4.3
|Digital zoom||Up to 7x|
|AF assist lamp||Yes/No|
|Focus distance|| Normal: 0.4 m - infinity
Macro: 0.18 - 0.5 m
Super macro: 0.06 - 0.25 m
Average auto exposure
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|Exposure compensation|| +/-3 EV
1/3 EV steps
|Shutter speed||16 - 1/2000 sec|
|Aperture||F 2.6 - 4.3 (W), F4.8 - 7.6 (T)|
|Scene modes||8 shooting modes|
|Continuous shooting||4 fps|
Range: Auto, auto with red-eye reduction, flash on without red-eye, off, night with red-eye
|LCD monitor|| 1.5" TFT LCD
|Print compliance|| Exif
|Storage|| SD/MMC card
32 MB internal memory
|Power||Rechargeable lithium ion battery (R07)|
|Weight||132 g (4.7 oz) lb without battery
157 g (5.5 oz) with battery
|Dimensions||90 x 59 x 28 mm (3.5 x 2.3 x 1.1 in)|
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
|Al Fateh Grand Mosque by mallen1976|
from Your City - B&W Night Picture
|Beakable by Hobbyfotograaf|
|St Paul's - DT NYC by mollymcd|
from Modern - Old-Fashioned
The Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM is an understated jewel of a lens, and one that we've enjoyed on a variety of cameras since its release almost five years ago. Its relatively small size and image stabilization make it a versatile tool for a variety of photography - check out our sample gallery.
You don't need a fancy studio or tons of gear to capture the kind of classic product photography you see in magazines. In this video, Dustin Dolby shows you how to do it with just a couple of speedlights and some know-how.
The life-logging camera is trying to make a comeback. Say hello to FrontRow, a live-streaming enabled life-logging camera from Ubiquiti that hangs on a necklace like a pendant.
When a prospective client approaches you, don't just say "yes" right away. Here's a useful list of questions you should be asking before you decide to take the job and name your price.
Samsung just revealed a blazing-fast new Solid State Drive capable of data transfer speeds of up to 540MB/s.
DJI has developed a 'Local Data Mode' that lets pilots fly without being connected to the Internet. The mode should calm recent fears over data privacy and security when flying DJI drones.
After 1.7 million downloads on Apple computers since the launch in November 2015, Aurora HDR will be available for Windows PCs for the first time with the 2018 release.
The company behind the new Meyer Optik Goerlitz lens manufacturing business has formed a new brand to bring back the Biotar 75mm F1.5 that was made by Carl Zeiss Jena in the 1940s and 50s.
The updated Qualcomm Spectra system is a dual-camera setup that is capable of sensing depth and motion in real time.
A sizable swath of the United States will be treated to a total eclipse of the heart – er, sun – in just under a week. Here are a few excellent guides to help you photograph this rare occasion.
f11 Magazine—an ad-supported, free magazine for 'photographers and aficionados' that focused on photos rather than gear—is suspending publication due to financial troubles.
The Minolta MC Rokkor-X 40-80mm F2.8 is unlike any zoom lens you've probably ever seen. Instead of a helicoid, it uses a gearbox, and because of this it's still one of the sharpest zoom lenses out there.
If you're looking to switch to Sony, the company's new limited-time "α trade up" promotion can snag you up to $500 + trade-in value towards a brand new a9, a7 II, a7R II, or a7S II when you hand over your DSLR or mirrorless camera.
The Google Camera app exclusive to the company's own Pixel phone has been unofficially ported to other Android devices. If you're willing to take the risk of installing, you can now use features like HDR+ on the Galaxy S8, LG G6, OnePlus 5, and more.
49-year-old David Hilos is known by the Singapore photography community as the 'camera whisperer.' When a service center says a camera is beyond repair, Hilos can usually coax it back to life.
Photographer Ryan Kelly captured one of the most viral and graphic images of the horrifying events in Charlottesville, VA this weekend. This is the harrowing story behind that photograph.
Data storage manufacturer Synology has added a new, lower-cost NAS to its DiskStation j line that has a maximum capacity of 40TB, and which is aimed at home users and photography enthusiasts.
We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here it is: the $500 interchangeable lens camera is about to go the way of the $200 compact.
On April 16, 2016 disaster struck in Kumamoto in the form of an unprecedented 7.0 magnitude earthquake. Here is the public's first look at Sony's sensor factory during the quake, the resulting damage and the efforts to restore operations.
Last August, travel photographer and Resource Travel editor Michael Bonocore escaped to the island of Tahiti for a month of cool adventures and amazing photography.
Curious just how tough Nikon's KeyMission 360 action camera really is? This one got chewed on by a tiger for several minutes and recorded the whole thing.
The EOS 6D Mark II is essentially a full frame version of the EOS 80D. However, we weren't exactly bowled-over by it, when we reviewed it. Does that mean it's not worth the cost of upgrading? Let us walk you through the differences.
Hiker and amateur photographer Ben Bauermeister talks about his experience taking an Olympus PEN-F on an ultralight backpacking trip. When every ounce counts, adding 2.8lbs to your pack is a serious decision.
Sean Tucker tells the story behind these two portraits of the Himba people he captured for a personal project in Namibia.
Xiaomi's newest phablet boasts a monster battery and a sleek metal uni-body that's not typical of its mid-range class. It packs a decent camera too, but is let down by a flawed video mode and worse-than-average low light image quality.
If you want to speed up your Lightroom workflow, one of the best tools you can buy might be a wireless PlayStation controller. Photographer Ben Stewart shows you why in this neat video tutorial.
Renowned photographer Bill Frakes has been let go as a visiting professor at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln after a sexual harassment complaint filed against him was judged by the university to be credible.
On July 17th, NASA's Mars Curiosity Rover pointed its Navcam up at the sky to capture a rare sight: wispy, cirrus-like clouds floating across the Martian horizon.
Compared to the standard Phantom 3, the SE model offers a vision positioning system, 4K video and an improved video transmission range of up to 2.5 miles.
Photographers take great care in choosing the right gear for a trip. Why not make sure your iPhone is well equipped for photography too? These apps offer features a bit more advanced than the stock camera app.