Nikon has today posted a firmware update for the D70 digital SLR. Since we first reported this news the firmware is now available in the US, Europe and Japan.. The D70's firmware is split into two parts (A & B) with this new firmware labelled as "A:Ver.1.01/B:Ver.1.02". It addresses several issues; removal of potential color cast at high shutter speeds, improved Auto ISO when used with speedlight, support for CF card greater than 4 GB in capacity, fixed an issue related to the CF indicator light and power off switch, improved Chinese menus.
here for the Nikon European Support Centre
(Note that you need a Log in to download firmware)
D70 Firmware Update 1.0.1 / 1.0.2
About this firmware:
The D70 has two sets of firmware, A and B, which must be updated separately, the D70 'A' firmware from version 1.00 to version 1.01 and 'B' firmware from version 1.01 to version 1.02. This download file contains both sets of firmware, A and B as separate files. Upgrade is not necessary if your camera already has these versions of firmware installed.
Issues addressed with 'A' firmware version 1.01
- Correction of vignetting that was sometimes visible in the upper areas
of images captured in Continuous mode using high shutter speeds.
- Correction of an issue that intermittently prevented the Automatic Sensitivity Adjustment function (ISO Auto: CSM 5) to work when the built-in Speedlight was raised but did not fire.
Issues addressed with 'B' firmware version 1.02
- Supports for Compact Flash memory cards with a capacity greater
than 4GB has been added.
- Correction of an issue that sometimes prevented the camera from being
turned off when images were captured in Continuous mode. This occurred
at an Image size setting of M and an Image quality setting
of FINE, and caused the memory card access lamp to glow
- Errors in Chinese menus and message text have been corrected.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%