Corel unveils PaintShop Pro X7 with new tools and a fresh design
This week Corel has unveiled PaintShop Pro X7 and PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate, two new versions of its image editing software for Windows. This update features extensive changes to the user interface as well as a claimed 30 percent improvement in brush performance, including the Paint Brush, Airbrush and various retouching tools. Speed improvements have allowed for new instant previews of effects before they are applied to images and the 64-bit architecture allows fast performance with larger or multiple images.
As well as enhancing existing existing features, PaintShop Pro X7 also adds several new ones. The content-aware Magic Fill tool allows you to select and erase an unwanted area of your photo whilst automatically filling it with new content that matches your background.
|The new content-aware Magic Fill tool.|
New Shape and Text Cutter tools also let you quickly clip background images to create unique text patterns, and the new Smart Edge brush option helps you stay 'within the lines' whilst painting around objects. PaintShop Pro X7 now supports XMP data for Raw images as well, allowing you to read and make edits to metadata that was created with other software such as Adobe Lightroom.
All of the enhancements and new features are available in both PaintShop Pro X7 and X7 Ultimate, with the latter also including Reallusion FaceFilter3, Perfectly Clear by Athentech Imaging and a Creative Collection bundle of brushes, textures and royalty-free backgrounds. Another new product, Corel Photo Video Suite X7, also delivers PaintShop Pro X7 and VideoSuite Pro X7 in one complete photo and video editing package.
PaintShop Pro X7 seemingly offers many similar features to Adobe Photoshop but in a much cheaper package. Greg Wood, Senior Product Director for Photo Products at Corel said "This array of creative possibilities is available for just $79... a must-try app for anyone who's felt the sticker shock from subscription or high license pricing."
PaintShop Pro X7 will cost £59.99, EUR 69.99 or $79.99 while PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate will cost £79.99, €89.99 or $99.99. Current registered PaintShop Pro users will also have access to an upgrade program via www.paintshoppro.com.
Corel® PaintShop® Pro X7 Offers New Professional Creative Tools, Redesigned for Faster Results
New editing tools, faster brushes and modern UI updates make PaintShop® Pro X7 the affordable photo and design choice for creating stunning images and projects
Ottawa, ON – August 27, 2014 – Corel’s Photo Editing group introduces Corel® PaintShop® Pro X7 and Corel® PaintShop® Pro X7 Ultimate, the latest editions of its professional quality photo editing and design software. Photographers and designers can achieve their best work faster with the new content-aware Magic Fill, extensive user interface improvements and brushes that offer a 30% performance boost. Giving photo pros and enthusiasts an image editing application that’s affordable and easy to use, Corel PaintShop Pro X7 delivers the impressive feature set and power expected from a professional caliber software package.
"With the new PaintShop Pro X7, we’re continuing our commitment to give photographers and creative users the tools they need to create their best-ever work. X7 offers more creativity, speed and productivity to help you achieve amazing results, faster," said Greg Wood, Senior Product Director for Photo Products at Corel. "This array of creative possibilities is available for just $79, making PaintShop Pro X7 a must-try app for anyone who’s felt the sticker shock from subscription or high license pricing."
PaintShop Pro X7 offers new tools and redesigned features to deliver an unmatched photo editing experience:
- New! Make it vanish with Magic Fill: The new Magic Fill provides content-aware editing that works with your favorite selection tools. Erase an unwanted element in your photo and seamlessly replace it with content that matches the background area—even if it’s textured or varied.
- Improved! 30% faster brush performance: Enjoy more responsive brushes, including the Paint Brush, Airbrush and photo retouching brushes that are up to 30% faster. Plus, 64-bit power means you can achieve results quickly.
- New! Text and Shape Cutter tools: Instantly create a unique photo object by using text or shapes to clip underlying photos or imagery. Paste or drag the resulting photo object to any image to build a collage. More than professional-quality photo editing, PaintShop Pro X7 is also a powerful design program for any visual project.
- New! Materials Palette featuring Color Harmonies: Find the color, texture or pattern you want more quickly. Easily sample colors with a Dropper tool and create your own custom palettes to keep track of your favorite color combinations. New in the Materials Properties, Color Harmonies help you create a custom palette for your creative projects. Select one of the preset color harmony settings to see color suggestions and choose colors that look great together.
- Enhanced! Popular effects are easier to use: Enjoy easier photo editing with a redesign of our most popular tools, including Selective Focus, Vignette, Retro Labs, Graduated filters, Depth of Field, Smart Photo Fix, Red Eye Removal and Digital Noise Removal.
- New! New image dialog: Get started quickly by simply clicking File, New Image, choosing your desired project dimensions and making your customizations. Choose from common canvas sizes for photos, print, web, graphics, multimedia and more.
- New! Smart Edge: Now it’s easier to keep your brush strokes “inside the lines” when painting and drawing around objects.
- Enhanced! Streamlined Layer workflow: PaintShop Pro X7 gives you even more control over your layers by letting you drag a layer from one image to another and drop it between or above a specific layer in the Layers palette.
- New! Support for XMP: PaintShop Pro now reads and imports data saved in XMP files, making it easy to exchange files and work with other photo management applications like Corel AfterShot™ Pro.
PaintShop Pro X7 enables you to learn as you go with built-in training tools, including the award-winning Learning Center and video tutorials. With RAW editing, an enhanced layer workflow, HDR and more, PaintShop Pro X7 is the photo-editing and digital design software that’s ideal for any project.
For users looking for a total photo editing, design and RAW workflow solution, PaintShop Pro X7 is the ideal complement to Corel AfterShot Pro 2, the industry's fastest RAW converter and photo management software.
Take your creativity even further with the new PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate which also includes these valuable add-ons:
- Perfectly Clear by Athentech Imaging: award-winning intelligent photo correction
- Reallusion FaceFilter3 Standard: versatile photo retouching for beautiful portraits
- Creative collection: dozens of brushes, textures and over 100 royalty-free backgrounds
Also introducing Corel Photo Video Suite™ X7
Corel also today announced Corel Photo Video Suite X7, delivering PaintShop Pro X7 and VideoStudio® Pro X7 for photo and video editing in one complete package.
Pricing and Availability
Corel PaintShop Pro X7 and Corel PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate are available now in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese Traditional and Japanese.
Suggested retail pricing for PaintShop Pro X7 is $79.99 (USD/CAN)/ EUR 69.99/ £59.99 (inclusive of VAT, where applicable)/ $99.95 (AUD). Qualifying registered users can purchase for the upgrade price of $59.99 (USD/CAN)/ EUR 49.99/ £44.99/ $69.95 (AUD). For more information, please visit www.paintshoppro.com.
Suggested retail pricing for PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate is $99.99 (USD/CAN) / EUR 89.99/ £79.99 (inclusive of VAT, where applicable)/ $129.95 (AUD). Qualifying registered users can purchase for the upgrade price of $79.99 (USD/CAN) / EUR 69.99/ £59.99 (inclusive of VAT, where applicable)/ $89.95 (AUD). For more information, please visit www.paintshoppro.com.
Suggested retail pricing for Photo Video Suite X7 is $129.99 (USD/CAN) / EUR 99.99/ £89.99 (inclusive of VAT, where applicable)/ $179.95 (AUD). Qualifying registered users can purchase for the upgrade price of $99.99 (USD/CAN) / EUR 79.99/ £69.99/ $139.95 (AUD). For more information please visit www.paintshoppro.com/photovideosuite.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!