conjunction with his previous report, Yamada has now published another
Canon EOS-D30 report for the Japanese technology webzine Impress PC Watch.
This time he's posted yet more samples from the camera along with some
comparisons of night shots with noise reduction enabled and disabled.
Phil says: Bear in mind this is still being called a Beta camera... Images look super smooth.. and somehow "over smooth", there's an element of processing to produce smooth gradients at the loss of normal detail (check the childrens faces or the leaves in the outdoor shots). It takes a VERY hard unsharpen mask to pull detail out and it still only manages to sharpen certain areas of the image... strange.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%