Konica Minolta Japan has today announced that the Maxxum / Dynax / Alpha 7D digital SLR will go on sale there on November 19th. On the same day Konica Minolta will also put up the two new lenses; 17 - 35 mm F2.8 - F4 (D) and 28 - 75 F2.8 (D) and the DiMAGE A200. Although Konica Minolta has put a price on the other items they have not explicity set an RRP on the 7D itself, industry experts in Japan expect it to sell for 200,000 YEN (US$ 1,888) or less. Sources elsewhere put the 7D at US$ 1,599 body only in the US.
Konica Minolta Japan pricing (on sale November 19th)
- Konica Minolta Alpha (Maxxum / Dynax) 7D - Open price (expected below 200,000 YEN)
- Konica Minolta AF zoom 17 - 35 mm F2.8 - F4 (D) - 71,925 YEN (US$ 679)
- Konica Minolta AF zoom 28 - 75 mm F2.8 (D) - 58,800 YEN (US$ 555)
- Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 - Open price
* Exchange rate correct at time of publication