Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z1050
Casio has today announced two new additions to its popular ultra-slim Exilim Zoom range. We start here with the 10.1-megapixal EX-Z1050, successor to the EX-Z1000. The EX-Z1050 is just a shade smaller and lighter than the EX-Z1000, features a wider aspect 2.6-inch LCD screen and increases sensitivity to ISO 800.
Casio Introduces Second Model in Line of Stylish 10.1 Megapixel Digital Cameras
Best-in-class 7 shot/second continuous shutter Subject blur reduction and auto-tracking AF utilizing motion analysis technology
London, January 30, 2007 — Casio Electronics Co. Ltd. and its parent company Casio Computer Co. Ltd., announced the release of the EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1050, the latest addition to its stylish series of EXILIM® digital cameras. Featuring a newly developed, high-performance, image-processing module, Casio’s new EX-Z1050 makes it even easier to enjoy shooting super-high resolution, 10.1 megapixel images.
Last year, Casio released the revolutionary EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1000, the first digital camera in the world to deliver 10.1 megapixel resolution in a size that fits easily in the palm of the hand. The EX-Z1000 won acclaim for making it simpler than ever to capture images at a remarkably high resolution, and its trend-setting performance created a brand new market.
Casio developed the new EX-Z1050, as stylish and slim as any EXILIM, to enable an even greater variety of people to enjoy photography at the super high-resolution of 10.1 megapixels. At this amazing level of detail, photos print crystal-clear even in large sizes or when trimmed to show just part of the image. The EX-Z1050 is even smaller than the EX-Z1000, but features Casio’s generous new 2.6 inch Wide and Bright LCD display. The camera’s lightweight aluminum construction makes it a breeze to carry and gives it an unforgettable look.
The EX-Z1050 is more than just convenient, stylish and cool: this camera is a truly high-performance device. It is built with the highly sophisticated EXILIM Engine 2.0 — a high-performance, image-processing module that not only improves image quality, but also boosts performance by, for instance, delivering new motion analysis technology. This latest model in the EXILIM series also delivers best-in-class* high-speed, continuous shooting at 7 shots per second until memory is full, empowering users to capture every split second of an action-packed scene.
* As of January 30, 2007, for compact digital cameras. Based on a Casio survey.
- Stylish, slim, compact model featuring 10.1 million effective pixels and 3x optical zoom.
- Maximum 7 shots/second high-speed continuous shooting (Limited to 2.0 megapixels and normal image quality. Requires use of a High Speed SD Memory Card.*)
- EXILIM Engine 2.0 image processing module featuring new motion analysis technology.
- Blur-reduction technologies - Automatically analyzes the velocity and vector of a moving subject and sets the most appropriate ISO sensitivity and shutter speed. - Anti Shake DSP reduces blur due to shaky hands and subject movement, using high shutter speeds and high sensitivity settings. - Movie mode with electronic camera shake compensation function.
- “Auto Tracking AF” function follows moving subjects, keeping them continuously in focus until the photo is taken.
- Newly developed 2.6 inch Wide and Bright LCD display (maximum brightness of 1,000 cd/m2 at centre of screen).
- Control panel that displays shooting information on the right side of the monitor and enables direct camera control.
- Super Life Battery allows up to 370 shots to be taken when fully charged. The number of shots that can be taken varies depending on the SD Memory Card used.
The Casio EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1050 will be available in the UK in silver, black, gold and pink at a Suggested Selling Price of £229.99.
1/1.75 " Type CCD
|Image sizes|| 3648 x 2736
3648 x 2432 (3:2)
3648 x 2048 (16:9)
2560 x 1920
2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
640 x 480
|Movie clips|| 640 x 480 @ 25fps
512 x 384 @ 25fps
320 x 240 @ 12.5fps
|File formats|| JPEG Exif v2.2
|Lens|| 38-114mm (35mm equiv)
3x optical zoom
|Digital zoom||up to 4x|
|Focus||Contrast Detection AF|
|AF area modes||Spot, Multi, Tracking|
|AF assist lamp||Yes|
|Focus distance|| AF: 40cm - infinity
Macro: 10 - 50cm
Manual: 10cm - infinity
Spot by imaging element
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|Exposure compensation||+/-2EV in 1/3 EV steps|
|Shuttter speed|| 1/2 - 1/1000 sec (Auto)
4 - 1/1000 sec (Night Scene)
|Aperture||F2.8 - 8.0 auto switching|
|Modes|| Program AE
|White balance|| Auto
Fixed (6 modes)
|Self timer||10 or 2 sec, Triple self-timer|
|Continuous shooting|| approx 1.1 sec intervals
High-speed: max 7 fps
Range: 0.1 - 3.3m (wide) 0.5 - 1.8m (tele)
Rapid Flash: 0.4 - 2.0m (wide) 0.5 - 1.1m (tele)
|LCD monitor|| 2.6-inch TFT
|Connectivity|| USB 2.0 Full Speed
USB / AV
|Storage|| SDHC / SD / MMC / MMC plus card compatible
15.4 MB built-in memory
|Power|| Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery NP-40
|Weight (no batt)||125 g|
|Dimensions||91.1 x 57.2 x 24.2 mm|
|IMG_8168ABCD by citori525|
|McKinley meadow by TimR32225|
from Natural meadows
|_DSC2146 by jerste|
from Helios-44 II
|Leopoldsteinersee by RaCor|
from Landscape - Colour #3