CES 2006: HP has announced the new Photosmart M527 6 megapixel camera, featuring a 3x optical zoom and in-camera red eye removal and the new HP Design Galllery. The M527 also features a large 2-inch image display and 16MB internal memory.
HP Photosmart M527 Digital Camera
Get impressive 6-megapixel photos with the easy-to-use HP Photosmart M527 Digital Camera.
This digital camera has 21x total zoom - 3x optical, 7x digital - and features HP Real Life technologies, including HP in-camera red eye removal and HP Design Gallery. With the new HP Design Gallery, users can easily take brilliant digital photos. Intuitive button design allows for quick, one-handed shots, in addition to one-button ordering and sharing of photos with HP Photosmart Express. (1)
Key Features and Benefits
- 6-megapixels for impressive resolution for beautiful prints and enlargements up to poster-size
- 2-inch image display, intuitive button layout and overall compact stylish design allow for easy one-handed shots
- On-camera button to easily order and share photos on Snapfish using HP Photosmart Express (1)
- 16 MB internal memory allows users to store photos in the camera
- Extra storage capacity available with optional SD card (2)
- HP Photosmart Premier Software is a complete, easy-to-use software solution for editing, organizing, printing and sharing digital photos Additional Features
- HP Real Life technologies help take the guesswork out of digital photography and make it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include: o NEW: HP Design Gallery adds artistic effects and borders right in the camera o In-camera red-eye removal to remove red-eye while images are still in the camera
- HP Photosmart Express makes sharing, printing and saving digital photos easy – users simply take a photo and select its destination right on the back of the camera – up to 34 destinations, including e-mail addresses, online albums, printers and Snapfish o When the digital camera is later connected to a computer or the optional camera dock,(2) the selected photos are automatically printed and/or e-mailed without burdening the recipient with large file attachments o E-mail recipients see thumbnails of the images right in the body of their e-mail message, as well as a link to the web page where they can very easily view, print and save the photos, and upload them to online albums
- Optional HP Photosmart 6221 Digital Camera Dock lets users easily save, view, print and share photos on a PC, Snapfish and TV, and recharge in-camera batteries. Add wireless capabilities by purchasing the HP Photosmart 6222 Wireless Dock Base to share your photos via a wireless home network. (2)
- 6-megapixel resolution
- 3x optical zoom, 7x digital zoom
- Dimensions/Weight o 95mm (w) x 32mm (d) x 62mm (h) o 153 grams without
- Support/Connectivity o USB Connectivity o USB-compatible PC with Microsoft Windows® XP, x64, 2000, Me, 98SE, or 98, Intel® Pentium® II, Celeron® or compatible CPU, Internet Explorer 5.01SP2 or later o USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS v10.2.8, v10.3, v10.4
HP offers a comprehensive support package for the HP Photosmart M527 Digital Camera that includes one-year of phone support as well as real-time chat and email support beyond the warranty as part of its HP Total Care portfolio of services. Pricing and Availability Estimated U.S. street price is TBD Expected to be available for purchase April 2006 in North America. (1) On-camera Snapfish feature available in UK and US only. (2) Not included; please purchase separately.
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
If you were disappointed by reports that the Sony a9 struggles with adapted Canon glass, you might be able to take some comfort from Metabones' latest update.
Blackmagic Design has dropped the prices of its Video Assist external monitor/recorders for a limited time. Prices of the SD card-based recorders will be reduced in all markets, while supplies last.
Instagram has started testing a new feature called 'favorites' that enables users to share photos with only certain people. Only a small number of users have access to the feature at this time, though it may roll out to everyone in the future.
Lensbaby has announced the Velvet 85 F1.8 for interchangeable lens cameras. The lens is available in Canon, Nikon, Sony E, Sony A, Pentax K, Samsung NX, Fuji X and Micro 4/3 mounts.
It's the end of an era. Parent company Micron has announced that they are discontinuing the Lexar retail brand. This includes 'memory cards, USB flash drives, readers, and storage drives.'
Youthful trainspotter turned adult photographer, John Sanderson has traveled across the United States, documenting the country's railroads. But you won't find any trains in his pictures.
Sony's new CMOS sensor is backside-illuminated and offers an all-pixel global reset function which should drastically reduce rolling shutter effect when panning.
Shoulderpod has converted its offerings into a lego-like modular system by offering all individual parts of existing products separately, allowing users to build exactly the rig they need for a specific project or simply replace a damaged part.
Photographer Felix AAA has spent the past ten years touring the world with a variety of musicians, capturing behind the scenes shots and portraits. He talks about some of his favorite images on the FujiFilm Blog.
A roll of film discovered in an Argus C2 from an Oregon Goodwill turned out to contain some incredible images – and has been re-united with the original owner's family.
Nikon's 28mm F1.4E ED appears to roundly complete the company's updated lineup of fast, professional prime lenses. We've already seen some initial images from a Nikon ambassador, but we've worked through a gallery of our own, with a lens of our own over the past week. Take a look.
Google is holding a competition that could see your Pixel photos gracing millions of screens.
Nikon's 100th birthday party continues worldwide as a distributor in Italy organized a one-of-a-kind feat: assembling the world's largest 'human camera' from over a thousand volunteers.
Ricoh has dropped the price of its Theta SC 360 spherical camera by to $199, a reduction of roughly $50. The camera features two 12MP sensors and can record Full HD video in addition to stills.
Photojournalist Pete Souza served as the presidential photographer for both Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama. In an interview with fellow photographer Marcia Nighswander, he discusses several of his most noteworthy images.
Photographer Michael Wolf has been documenting the crowded conditions of Tokyo's subway trains since the 1990s. The photos have gone viral regularly in the years since he started the project, and he just published the final edition in the series.
The just-launched OnePlus 5 is getting a minor update that should improve camera function.
A Belgian camera shop is showing off an extremely rare, limited 'Rex Edition' Nikon D500. The cosmetic alterations were provided by a customer's German Shepherd Rex, who got ahold of the camera within a day of its purchase.
Adobe says that many of its users have been relying on SkyBox for VR editing and it therefore made sense to make the plug-ins available to all subscribers through Creative Cloud.
The Pictar grip provides a number of customizable physical controls for your iPhone camera, but at its price point we would like to see better materials and build quality.
Peak Design's 'consider every detail' approach shines in the Everyday Backpack. While expensive, it's one of the best options out there for a photographer who needs to pack a lot of stuff in addition to gear.
If you're thinking of using Canon's sports glass on the Sony a9, think again. The ultra-fast camera slows way down when you attach off-brand glass.
The Polish town of Katowice is not famed as an area of beauty, but as all photographers know, that doesn't mean that beauty can't be found if you look in the right places. Mariusz Pietranek used a drone to look down on the colorful sedimentation tanks at an ironworks.
New York Times video journalist Ben Solomon spent a harrowing three weeks accompanying Iraqi Major Sajjad al-Hour as he and his men fought to retake Mosul from I.S. forces.
The 3D VR camera launched through a crowdfunding campaign in 2015 goes on sale beginning June 26.
Noctilucent clouds, a crescent moon and Venus were visible in the pre-dawn sky over Budapest yesterday. Photographer György Soponyai captured NASA's astronomy picture of the day.
Squirming pets won't sit still for photos? A Kickstarter campaign is looking to help.
Find out how Chris Burkard shifted from editorial photography to his true passions: landscapes, conservation and, of course, surfing.
The updated EyeEm app scans your camera roll and picks images that are composed particularly well, have the best quality, or highest chance of selling on EyeEm Market.
It's three years old but still a solid option for a Micro Four Thirds shooter looking for a high-quality, fast, wide-angle prime. Take a look at how we got along with it.