Kodak publicy market their own CCDs to other manufacturers. "Eastman Kodak Company today announced it is now selling its award-winning Kodak Blue Plus Color charge-coupled device (CCD) image sensors to manufacturers of digital cameras and other imaging devices. The decision to sell these devices as individual components underscores the company's commitment to grow the overall picture business and create a broader presence for Kodak imaging technologies in that industry."
Here's the full press release:
Eastman Kodak Company Begins Marketing Award-Winning Blue Plus Color CCD Image Sensors To Other Manufacturers
ROCHESTER, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 9, 2000--Eastman Kodak Company today announced it is now selling its award-winning Kodak Blue Plus Color charge-coupled device (CCD) image sensors to manufacturers of digital cameras and other imaging devices.
The decision to sell these devices as individual components underscores the company's commitment to grow the overall picture business and create a broader presence for Kodak imaging technologies in that industry.
``Today's imaging systems demand extremely high performance yet competitively priced full-frame, solid-state image sensors. We've made a great reputation for these Blue Plus sensors because they perform so well under so many conditions,'' said Dona Flamme, general manager, Image Sensor Solutions and vice president, Digital & Applied Imaging, Eastman Kodak Company. ``Making the Blue Plus Color sensors available throughout the industry will help drive market acceptance for digital cameras--particularly `prosumer' cameras.
``We're putting Kodak digital technology to work to grow the picture business,'' she concluded.
A key component to digital cameras, sensors receive and react to the light coming through the camera lens. Kodak's Blue Plus Color CCD image sensors are full-frame devices that offer enhanced photo-responsivity and very low dark signal. The high dynamic range of these sensors provides exceptional performance in digital camera applications where superior image quality is required. As a result, digital cameras deliver great pictures even in difficult lighting.
Kodak's Blue Plus Color CCDs incorporate the company's indium tin oxide technology, which, coupled with integral color filter arrays, provides enhanced photo-responsivity. The result: very high equivalent film speeds (up to 1600).
The sensors also offer
- High Dynamic Range--very high charge capacity, excellent photoresponse linearity and very low dark signal, providing true 12-bit performance
- High Resolution--from 2 to 6 million pixels in a variety of optical format - Reference Evaluation Boards--designed and manufactured to enable a successful start-up and evaluation for the experienced or novice CCD user
- Color Fidelity--RGB (red /green/blue) color filter array patterns optimized with proprietary materials to render exceptional color reproduction
- Anti-blooming Protection--a Kodak-patented lateral overflow drain design providing superior photo-responsive linearity
- True Two-Phase Technology--Kodak- components
- Pixel Size--available with 13, 9, and 6.8(mu)m square pixels patented two-phase clocking to simplify circuit design and reduce the number of analog board to meet a variety of customer needs
- Frame Rate--very high charge-transfer efficiency and custom design options for three-stage output amplifiers and multiple outputs enable high frame rate operation
Kodak's Blue Plus Color CCD Image Sensors have won Laser Focus World Magazine's 1999 Commercial Achievement Award (Kodak Blue Plus Technology), the R&D 100 Award (KAF-4200 image sensor), and the Lasers & Optronics Technology Award (KAF 16800 image sensor).
Pricing and Availability
Kodak Blue Plus Color CCD Image Sensors join the broad family of Kodak imaging sensors currently available to manufacturers. These sensors include interline, linear, full-frame and CMOS sensors.
For more information about Kodak Blue Plus Color CCD Image Sensors, please visit our Web site at www.kodak.com/go/ccd. For specific details on pricing and availability, please contact Image Sensor Solutions, Eastman Kodak Company at (716) 722-4385 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: Blue Plus Color and Kodak are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.)
|High Altitude Rocky Mountain Railroad by cjf2|
from On the Rails...
|Evening at the lake. by Murat ÜNSAL|