DPReview is hiring for two Editorial Writers!
DPReview is hiring! We're looking for a writer to join our growing editorial team based in Seattle, WA. Responsibilities will include testing and producing reviews of digital system cameras, compact cameras, smart phone cameras, lenses and other photographic equipment. Successful applicants will have have a store of solid practical knowledge about the theory and practice of photography, and a strong understanding of DPReview, our principles and our community.
Editorial Writer, Digital Cameras & Photography
Dpreview.com is looking for two writers to join our growing editorial team based in Seattle, WA. Responsibilities will include testing and producing reviews of digital SLRs, compact cameras, smart phone cameras, lenses and other photographic equipment using our proprietary methodologies and analysis systems in written and video formats. You will also be required to liaise directly with manufacturers, source and produce news stories and other articles and attend trade shows and product launches.
We are looking for candidates who have a deep understanding of the art, science, technology and techniques of digital photography. Specifically you must have a good working knowledge of digital SLR cameras and systems, along with digital photography workflow/processes. We expect you to be able to work on your own to produce reviews from start to finish, with as much attention to detail as we apply to our work.
You should be passionate about digital photography and have a strong understanding of dpreview, our principles and our community. You will be constantly challenged in your work and will be expected to suggest and innovate, including taking part in the expansion of our editorial content.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year's experience writing in-depth reviews of digital cameras or similar for a print or online publication.
- Experience working with Photoshop
- Demonstrable photographic ability and technical knowledge
- Authoring tools / experience: Dreamweaver (preferable), Photoshop (essential).
- A good knowledge of web standards such as HTML will be a bonus.
- Experience managing internal and external editorial resources and budgets would be preferable.
- Experience producing video content and appearing on-camera
|High Altitude Rocky Mountain Railroad by cjf2|
from On the Rails...
|Evening at the lake. by Murat ÜNSAL|