Leica announces firmware update for X1
Leica has announced a function-enhancing firmware update for its X1 APS-C sensor-based compact camera. Available from March 29, the updated version brings a host of improvements and additional features to the manual focus function, enhances AF performance in low-light conditions and promises improved JPEG quality.
Click here to download the firmware*
*Available for download from March 29
NEW: LEICA ANNOUNCES FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR LEICA X1
Allendale, NJ (March 28, 2011) -Leica Camera Inc. is pleased to announce a firmware update for its high-performance digital compact camera, the LEICA X1. Users wishing to benefit from the new offerings can download the firmware update from the Leica website and take advantage of new, improved features beginning Tuesday March 29, 2011.
The new X1 firmware offers the following features and benefits:
- Improved manual focusing, with the focus screen showing the image based on an open aperture
- More accurate manual focusing with finer steps, when scrolling slowly with the click wheel
- Two manual focusing speeds for more accurate and faster manual focus operation
- Manual focusing lock now available
- Enlarged manual focusing scale display
- Depth of field scale displayed in manual focusing mode
- Manual focus settings retained in memory when camera is switched off
- Improved autofocus speed in low light conditions and with low contrast subjects, in particular when shooting multiple images of the same subject
- ISO setting displayed in Auto ISO mode
- Improved JPEG image quality
For more information, please visit: http://us.leica-camera.com/photography/compact_cameras/x1.
|I am an Elephant by Bibix|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 5, E
|Mossy forest panorama by Jill Hancock|
from Your point of view
|Ship Moon and Stars by LJJohnston|
from For creative newbies only..