Adobe has launched the second version of its design, publishing and image editing program with Creative Suite 2, including Photoshop CS2. New tools include 'vanishing point', which allows you to clone, paint and transform in the perspective or your images, advanced noise reduction, optical lens correction, which corrects barrel and pincushion distortion as well as enhanced 16-bit editing. Another new feature, multi-image camera raw, allows you to process several raw images while you continue to work in Photoshop CS2. Adobe Photoshop CS2 is expected to begin shipping in late May and early June for around $599. Licensed users of any previous version of Photoshop can upgrade for $149.
Overview of what's new in Adobe Photoshop CS2?
The Power to Creative the Extraordinary
- Adobe Bridge - The next-generation File Browser for Photoshop CS2.
- Vanishing Point - Groundbreaking ability to clone, paint and transform in the perspective of your images.
- Image Warp - Warp any object, with customizable presets and adjustable control points.
- Noise Reduction - Advanced correction of noise created in high-ISO shooting, plus JPEG artifact reduction.
- 32-bit HDR - Create and edit 32-bit, High Dynamic Range images, for the widest range and richest detail.
- Spot Healing Brush - Fast, efficient one-click retouching of dust, scratches and other image flaws.
- One-Click Red Eye Correction - Instantly eradicate this common photo flaw.
- Optical Lens Correction - Correct common lens issues like barrel and pincushion distortion.
- Animation - Easily create animated Web graphics directly in Photoshop CS2.
- Smart Sharpen - Intelligently counteract common photo blurring with advanced control.
- Shadow/Highlight - Simple discrete adjustment of shadows and highlights, now also for CMYK images.
- Enhanced 16-bit Editing - Additional filters, such as Liquify, are now available for use in 16-bit images.
- Smart Objects - Non-destructive editing and transformations, including Illustrator CS2 integration.
- Multiple Layer Control with Smart Guides - Faster, more intuitive editing without using the Layers palette.
- Multi-Image Camera Raw - Process multiple raw images while you continue to work in Photoshop CS2.
- Video Preview - Send an instant preview of video-destined images to an external monitor.
- WYSIWYG Font menus - Preview typefaces visually, right in the Font menu.
- Printing Enhancements - New options enable more efficient, consistent print output.
- All-New PDF Engine - Comprehensive, customizable presets and PDF 1.6/Acrobat 7.0 compatibility.
- Enhanced Memory Use - Devote more than 2 GB of RAM to Photoshop CS2 for optimum performance.
- Powerful Design Process Management - Easier versioning & collaboration with the new Adobe Version Cue®.
- Integrated Adobe Online Services - Access and download professional Adobe Stock Photos and share and print online with Adobe Photoshop Services.
Adaptability - Making Photoshop CS2 Your Own
- Menu Customization - Workflow-based presets and custom-defined menu sets, with color-keyed commands.
- Enhanced Automation - New actions and scripts facilitating batch image processing and film & video production.
- Variables - Streamline creation of repetitive graphics using imported spreadsheet data.
- Event-Based Scripting - Expand your efficiency with commands triggered at specific points in your workflow.
- Adobe Help Center - New task-based help topics and search features in a separate floating window.
Adobe Announces New Photoshop CS2 with Dramatic Camera Raw Workflow Enhancements and More
SAN JOSE, Calif. — April 4, 2005 — Adobe Systems Incorporated today announced Adobe Photoshop CS2, a major upgrade to the professional industry standard for digital image editing and creation. Available as a stand-alone software application or as a key component of Adobe Creative Suite 2, also announced today (see separate press release), Photoshop CS2 software brings a new level of power, precision and control to the digital photography experience and to the overall creative process.
"Photoshop CS2 pushes the envelope with powerful features and simplified workflows that provide photographers and creative professionals the freedom to deliver stunning images," said Bryan Lamkin, senior vice president of Digital Imaging and Digital Video Products at Adobe. "In light of the four million digital SLRs expected to ship this year, more photographers than ever will be making Photoshop CS2 their digital darkroom of choice."
Photoshop CS2 integrates a new set of intuitive tools, including an enhanced Spot Healing Brush, for handling common photographic problems such as blemishes, red-eye, noise, blurring and lens distortion. Responding to requests from film, broadcast and video professionals, Photoshop CS2 now allows non-destructive editing and the creation and editing of 32-Bit High Dynamic Range (HDR) images, ideal for 3D rendering and advanced compositing.
The new Camera Raw 3.0 workflow allows settings for multiple raw files to be simultaneously modified. In addition batch processing of raw files, to JPEG, TIFF, DNG or PSD formats, can now be done in the background without launching the main Photoshop executable. Integrated, non-destructive cropping and straightening controls allow raw files to be easily prepared for final output.
Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Mac OS X version 10.2.8 through 10.3.8, Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or 2, will begin shipping in May to customers in the United States and Canada, and will be available through Adobe Authorized Resellers and the Adobe Store at www.adobe.com/store . International versions are expected to begin shipping in late May and early June. Adobe Photoshop CS2 will be available for an estimated street price of US$599 and licensed users of any previous version of Photoshop can upgrade for US$149.
|Last voyage by DJDarbs|
from Dramatic skies
|wanakatreepink2RS1600 by Bren Dyer|
from Best Picture Period!
|crashing waves by stickpointed|
from Landscape - Black and White #3