Originally announced in December 2013, Sony has now made available firmware updates for the QX10 and QX100 cameras that clip on to the front of your smartphone. Version 2.0 adds full HD movie recording and expands ISO settings on both cameras. The QX100 also gains an extra Shutter Priority mode.
The QX10 features a F3.3-5.9, 10X optical zoom, equivalent to 25-250mm, and a 18.2 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor. The higher end, 20.2 megapixel QX100 has the same 1-inch sensor and F1.8-4.9, 28-100mm lens as the Sony RX100 II premium compact. Both modules can be used as standalone units but they are designed to work in concert with a smartphone by way of Sony's PlayMemories Mobile app.
- Full HD movie recording (QX100 and QX10): Both cameras will now be able to shoot 1920x1080 (30p) -- up from 1440x1080 (30p).
- Expanded ISO shooting range (QX100 and QX10): Each of the cameras will now be able to shoot at higher ISO settings for greater versatility in low-light conditions. The QX10 camera will be expanded from max ISO 1600 to max ISO 3200. The QX100 camera will be expanded from max ISO 3200 to max ISO 12800.
- Shutter Priority ("S") mode (QX100 only): The Shutter Priority ("S") mode will be added to the QX100 camera to allow direct access control to shutter speed.
Get the update:
Apr 15, 2014
Dec 19, 2013
Sep 12, 2013
Sep 27, 2016
|QX 10, White, Base|
|Sony DSC-QX100 Smartphone Attachable Lens-style Camera|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%