Think Tank announces Airport line of carry-on compliant camera bags
Bag maker Think Tank has announced an update to its Airport series of camera bags. Designed to meet the restrictions imposed by airlines on carry-on luggage, the series includes a model designed for international flight as well as smaller versions for space-limited short-haul flying. The three bags are all designed with room for an iPad and increasingly large laptops, and give clear indications of the camera bodies and lenses they will accommodate. All three come with a seam-sealed rain covers.
Features Quick Access Pockets for Laptops and iPads
Santa Rosa, Calif. – Think Tank Photo announced today that in May it will release the Airport™ series, a new line of travel-specific, high-capacity camera backpacks designed with maneuvering through airports quickly in mind. The three backpacks – the Airport Accelerator, Airport Commuter, and Airport Essentials -- integrate quick access pockets for both laptops and iPad, a top pocket for boarding passes, and three robust handles to ensure easy placement and retrieval from overhead bins.
The Airport™ series makes life easier for the traveling photographer. All meet international carry on size requirements. The two smaller bags, the Airport Commuter and the Airport Essentials, are designed to fit under-seat in regional commuter planes.
Their light, adjustable, contoured harness provides comfort along with lumbar support. The air mesh paneling keeps backs cool. The height-adjustable sternum strap
allows for the perfect fit. A removable waist belt, side water bottle pocket, tripod/ monopod mounting system and seam sealed rain cover extend their versatility.
Adding even more functionality, these backpacks can be used with Think Tank’s Pro Speed Belts for additional support and capacity by adding component pouches and cases from the company’s Modular Rotation Component System.
“For photographers who travel by air, these bags deliver on the three “C’s”: Carry-on size, Comfort, Capacity,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s co-founder and lead designer. “Their design, build quality and functionality are second to none.”
The three sizes allow photographers to select the best fit for their needs.
- Airport Accelerator accommodates two pro size DSLRs, six to eight standard zooms, a 500 f/4.0, iPad, and up to a 17” laptop. The largest of the three, this one has a padded removable waist belt.
- Airport Commuter accommodates a pro size DSLR, four to six standard zooms, (increased depth holds a 400 f/2.8), iPad and 15” laptop.
- Airport Essentials accommodates a standard DSLR, four to six standard zooms, iPad, and up to 13” laptop.
- Bottom hinge opens bag completely for quick and unencumbered access.
- Cable lock and locking YKK zipper sliders for added security.
- Laptop and iPad stored in a separate locking zippered compartment.
- Light, comfortable and contoured harness system.
- Tripod/monopod mounting system.
- Top zippered pocket for boarding pass.
- Removable waist belt for additional stability when walking, running, etc.
- Easily accessible front organizer pocket.
- Seam sealed rain cover included.
• Airport Accelerator
Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 20.5” H x 9” D (35.6 x 52.1 x 22.9cm)
Interior Dimensions: 12.5” W x 18.8” H x 6.8” D (31.6 x 47.8 x 17.3cm)
Laptop: 12.3” W x 17.5” H x 1.5” D (31.2 x 44.5 x 44cm)
Weight: 4.8-5.5 lbs (2.2-2.5 kg)
• Airport Commuter
Exterior Dimensions: 12.5” W x 18” H x 8.5” D (31.6 x 45.7 x 21.6cm)
Interior Dimensions: 11.5” W x 16.3” H x 6.8” D (29.2 x 41.4 x 17.3cm)
Laptop: 11” W x 16” H x 1.3” D (27.9 x 40.6 x 3.3cm
Weight: 3.6-4.2lbs (1.7-1.9kg)
• Airport Essentials
Exterior Dimensions: 11.5” W x 18” H x 7” D (29.2 x 45.7 x 17.8cm)
Interior Dimensions: 10.6” W x 16.3” H x 5” D (27 x 41.4 x 12.7cm)
Laptop: 10” W x 15.5” H x 1” D (25.4 x 39.4 x 2.5cm)
Weight: 3-3.6 lbs (1.4-1.6 kg)
Apr 29, 2015
Apr 29, 2015
Apr 24, 2015
Apr 22, 2015
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4