Kingston Technology has today announced expansion of its Elite Pro range with the addition of a 2 and 4GB CompactFlash cards. They offer data transfer rates up to 10 MB/sec (read) and write speeds of 8MB/sec. It is expected that the 2GB card will cost $219 (approx £143) and the 4GB card will cost $500 (approx £329).
Kingston Introduces Two and Four Gigabyte CompactFlash Cards
CompactFlash Product Line Expands to Provide Faster, Higher Capacity Media Storage for Advanced Amateur and Professional Photographers.
Fountain Valley, CA -- (September 20, 2004), Kingston ® Technology Company, Inc., the world's leading independent memory manufacturer, today announced the immediate availability of 2GB and 4GB CompactFlash Elite Pro cards featuring the latest in high-density Flash components to optimize performance and storage capabilities.
As technological advancements produce more sophisticated digital devices, demand for higher-performing CompactFlash is continuing to grow. "Expanding our Elite Pro line to include the 2-GB and 4-GB CompactFlash Elite Pro cards is essential to support imaging professionals with the best digital storage for their high-end cameras and devices," said Mike Kuppinger, digital media product manager, Kingston.
The new 2-GB and 4-GB CompactFlash Elite Pro cards provide a low-price-per-megabyte solution of reliable, high-speed media. With ultra-fast transfer rates, users will enjoy more efficient workflow than ever before. The 2-GB cards work in virtually any digital device. The new 2-GB CF cards work in just about any digital device but advancements in technology may prevent some cameras, MP3 players, PDAs or other digital devices from fully utilizing the 4-GB CF cards.
The new 2-GB and 4-GB CF cards enhance performance of power-hungry imaging applications used by both advanced amateur and professional photographers. When used in conjunction with matching high-performance digital devices, Kingston's CF Elite Pro cards provide ultra-fast transfer times with read speeds up to 10 MB/sec. and write speeds up to 8 MB/sec.
- Standardized: Complies with CompactFlash Association specification and standards.
- Fast: Supports data transfer rates up to 10 MB/sec. read and 8 MB/sec. write.
- Small: One-third the size of a traditional PC Card.
- Easy to use: Plug and play.
- Versatile: Use with available PC Card Type II adapter for quick and easy data transfer.
- Economical: Autosleep mode preserves system battery life.
- Dual Voltage: 3.3 V and 5.0 V dual voltage support.
- Compatible: Supports Macintosh OS and Windows applications 98 and above.
- Guaranteed: Lifetime warranty
Kingston's 2-GB Type I CompactFlash Elite Pro card, part number: CF/2GB-S has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $219.00* and the 4-GB card, part number: CF/4GB-S has an MSRP of $500.00*. All Kingston CompactFlash products come with a lifetime warranty and free technical support. For more information on Kingston's complete Digital Media product line, Click here.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4