Think you've got what it takes to be a dpreview DSLR reviewer? Are you passionate about the techniques and technology surrounding digital photography? Do you want the dubious pleasure of working alongside the rest of the dpreview team on what is arguably the most exciting photography website in the world? We're looking for someone who has the experience, knowledge and familiarity with our reviews to come in and begin work straight away. We expect you to have a solid photographic knowledge as well as experience using our chosen authoring tools (see inside). This position will be at our office in London (UK).
We are looking for someone who has a deep understanding of the art, science, technology and techniques of digital photography. Specifically you must have a good working knowledge of digital SLR cameras and systems, along with digital photography workflow/processes. We expect you to be able to work on your own to produce reviews from start to finish, with as much attention to detail as we apply to our work.
You should be passionate about digital photography and have a strong understanding of dpreview, our principles and our community.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to write in a clear, concise and engaging manner.
- Authoring tools / experience: Dreamweaver (preferable), Photoshop (essential).
- Experience of producing long-form reviews of a wide variety of photography products.
- Ability to demonstrate an eye for a good picture and in-depth technical knowledge – plus a proven ability to write about them in a clear, concise and engaging manner.
- You should have demonstrable writing skills as well as strong Photoshop knowledge and an almost obsessive attention to detail.
- A good knowledge of web standards such as HTML will be a bonus.
You will be constantly challenged in your work and will be expected to suggest and innovate, including taking part in the expansion of our editorial content to include peripheral reviews, expanded news coverage and other features.
We will offer a modern and exciting working environment in central London (SE1, near London Bridge station); you must be willing to commute to the office five days a week.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, stock package, and excellent benefits.
To apply, please send your CV and application letter, stating your earliest availability and salary expectations via email to email@example.com, please don’t forget to quote the reference number 29283.
The cut-off date for applications is Friday 29th February 2008.
dpreview.com is the world's leading digital photography website, with detailed product reviews, daily breaking news and an active forums community. Started in 1998 by Phil Askey, dpreview.com has now grown to attract over eight million unique visitors each month reading over 140 million pages. In May 2007 dpreview.com was acquired by Amazon.com and with their help we are now striving to expand our content and site functionality to offer our visitors the world's most comprehensive 'one stop' digital camera resource.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%