Sigma announces 19mm F2.8 and 30mm F2.8 Digital Neo lenses for mirrorless systems
Pre-CES: Sigma has launched the Digital Neo range of lenses for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras, with the announcement of the 19mm F2.8 and 30mm F2.8 lenses for Micro Four Thirds and Sony NEX. The two relatively compact prime lenses offer 38mm and 60mm equivalent fields of view, respectively, on the Micro Four Thirds system and, 28.5mm and 45mm on the Sony E-mount. At F2.8, neither lens is spectacularly fast, but both systems benefit from the Sigma beginning to make mirrorless-specific lenses. Pricing and availability information has not been announced.
Sigma Corporation of America announces prime lenses for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras at CES 2012
New lenses and product line designed for Micro Four Thirds, E-mount systems
RONKONKOMA, NY and LAS VEGAS, NV, Jan. 9, 2012 – Sigma Corporation of America today announced the launch of its new line of Micro Four Thirds system and E-mount lenses for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras from the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2012 in Las Vegas, NV.
The leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world’s most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, has made its entrée into the mirrorless interchangeable lens category with the introduction of its Digital Neo (DN) line, which will first include the 30mm F2.8 EX DN and the 19mm F2.8 EX DN lenses in Micro Four Thirds mounts for Olympus and Panasonic, and E-mount for Sony NEX-series cameras. Pricing and availability are pending.
“The launch of our DN series with two fast prime lenses demonstrates our commitment to being a leader in innovation and quality, and providing photographers with excellent choices for lenses in this exciting new camera category," said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “Sigma lenses empower photographers to be more creative with their photography, and we’re absolutely thrilled to be embarking on this new journey with products for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras for Micro Four Thirds and NEX mount systems."
The Sigma DN line of high-performance lenses is designed exclusively for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. This lens design and technology ensures high optical performance and compact, lightweight construction. The DN lenses’ superior telecentric optical design also assures sharp- and high-resolution image quality across the entire image plane.
The 30mm F2.8 EX DN and the 19mm F2.8 EX DN lenses are both equipped with Sigma’s Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting, while providing sharp and high-contrast images, even at the maximum aperture. The lenses also benefit from a newly developed linear autofocus (AF) motor, which moves the lens unit directly without the need for gears or the drive of other mechanical parts. This system ensures accurate and quiet autofocusing, making both the 30mm F2.8 EX DN and the 19mm F2.8 EX DN suitable for video recording as well as still photos.
- The Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN has the equivalent angle of view of a 60mm lens (35mm equivalent focal length) on the Micro Four Thirds system and 45mm (35mm equivalent focal length) on the E-mount system. It has a minimum focusing distance of 11.8 inches and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:8.1. The 30mm F2.8 EX DN has two glass mold aspherical lenses, including a double-sided aspherical lens, to provide excellent correction for all types of aberration, as well as an inner focusing system that corrects the fluctuation of aberration to maintain image quality regardless of the focal distance. It also features a rounded, seven-blade diaphragm to deliver a smooth rendering of the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- The Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN is a wide angle lens with the equivalent angle of view of a 38mm (35mm equivalent focal length) on the Micro Four Thirds system and 28.5mm (35mm equivalent focal length) on the E-mount system. It has a minimum focusing distance of 7.9 inches and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:7.4. Three glass mold aspherical lenses provide excellent correction for distortion, color aberration and field curvature, and an inner focusing system corrects the fluctuation of aberration to maintain image quality regardless of the focal length. The 19mm F2.8 EX DN lens features a rounded, seven-blade diaphragm, which ensures smooth rendering of the out-of-focus areas of the image.
Sigma Corporation of America is exhibiting at CES 2012 this week in the Las Vegas Convention Center’s Central Hall, booth 8960. For information about Sigma Corporation of America, visit www.sigmaphoto.com, or follow the company on Twitter and Facebook.
Jan 9, 2015
Jan 6, 2015
Jan 6, 2015
Jan 6, 2015
|Sigma Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN ART Lens for Sony||$169.00|
|Samsung Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN ART Lens for Sony||$199.00|
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|