Fuji Photo Film has today announced the the Fujifilm FinePix S3000. This model replaces the existing FinePix 3800, and will be available to consumers in October. It has a 3.2 megapixel CCD, 6x optical and 3.2x digital zooms, movie recording without sound and several scene positioning modes. The FinePix S3000 comes bundled with a 16MB xD-Picture Card, four AA alkaline batteries, shoulder strap, USB cable, lens adapter ring, FinePix Viewer 4.1, and ImageMixer VCD 2 for FinePix. The camera will be available for purchase in October 2003 at the suggested list price of $399.99.
Fujifilm Announces New Digital SLR-Type Camera for Everyday Consumers
FinePix S3000 Offers 3 Megapixels, Lens Adapters and Affordable Pricing in Time for Holiday Season
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. today announced the arrival of the Fujifilm
FinePix S3000, a digital SLR-type camera for everyday photographers. This
model replaces the existing FinePix 3800, and will be available to consumers
in October - just in time for the busy holiday season. The FinePix S3000
offers 3.2 million effective pixels to create crisp, colorful images perfect
to share with family and friends through retail printing and email. The
camera's compact, SLR-inspired styling and 6x optical zoom offer a familiar
experience to consumers who already enjoy traditional photography.
The FinePix S3000 offers 3.2 million effective pixels, which can produce images of 2048 x 1536 (3.15 million) recorded pixels for best-quality prints up to 8 x 10 inches in size. The camera also offers 6x optical and 3.2x digital zooms, movie recording without sound and several scene positioning modes.
"Fujifilm knows that as consumers become more sophisticated about their digital photography options, they want a product that feels more like a traditional film camera while providing the benefits of digital," said Eric Thorng, Senior Marketing Manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Photo Imaging Division, Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. "The FinePix S3000 is a great example of how Fujifilm has integrated its film industry expertise with world-class digital technology - resulting in an easy-to-use, high performance camera. It's a great holiday gift for family and friends who love to capture best-quality everyday images with minimal fuss."
Fujifilm's FinePix S3000 digital camera offers the following array of features:
- Resolution and color - The camera produces output files of 3.15 million recorded pixels, resulting in crisp, vibrant prints up to 8 x 10 inches in size.
- Long reach - The FinePix S3000 also offers a long reach wide aperture 6x optical and 3.2x digital zoom, and works with optional wide and telephoto lens adapters, allowing photo enthusiasts to capture long-range subjects.
- SLR-inspired styling - The camera's compact SLR-inspired body provides a familiar feel to everyday photo hobbyists and digital photography newcomers alike. The camera measures 3.9 (W) x 3.0 (H) x 2.7 (D) inches, and weighs 10 ounces without batteries and media. In addition, a user-friendly electronic viewfinder helps consumers take better pictures, and offers a playback mode that saves battery power.
- Simple manual controls - Consumers who want to experiment with image control will be pleased with the FinePix S3000's semi-manual controls, while others will appreciate the camera's smart use of automatic features. The FinePix S3000 offers a portrait scene positioning mode, as well as continuous shooting at 2 frames per second, capturing up to 2 frames.
- Lower power consumption - The FinePix S3000 offers consumers maximum power efficiency, and can take up to 350 images - using the LCD monitor, and with flash on half of the time - on a single set of four AA alkaline batteries.
- Movie recording - The camera offers AVI movie recording at 10 frames per second without sound, allowing consumers to capture everyday events and special moments to play back for friends and family at a later date. The FinePix S3000 can capture 60-second 320 x 240 pixel movies, and approximately 240 seconds at 160 x 120 pixels. Movies can be burned onto CD-ROMs for storage using the ImageMixer VCD 2 for FinePix software included with the camera, or shown on televisions using the video out interface.
The FinePix S3000 comes bundled with a 16MB xD-Picture Card, four AA alkaline batteries, shoulder strap, USB cable, lens adapter ring, FinePix Viewer 4.1, and ImageMixer VCD 2 for FinePix. The camera will be available for purchase in October 2003 at the suggested list price of $399.99.
Fujifilm Makes Digital Photography Easy
Now, consumers can get high-quality photos produced from their digital
cameras just as easily as they get pictures from film cameras. It's as
simple as bringing their media storage card to one of thousands of Fujifilm
Digital Camera Developing services providers nationwide. Consumers are
encouraged to visit www.digitalcameradelveloping.com
to find a retailer in their area offering Fujifilm Digital Camera Developing
To help simplify digital camera technology and educate consumers about the choices available to them, Fujifilm is now traveling the country for a third year with its "Picture of America(TM)" Tour featuring its FinePix Truck. The tour highlights Fujifilm's complete line of shoot, store, print and share digital photography solutions. Details about the truck, as well as information about where it will be next, can be found at www.fujifilm.com/finepixtour.
Fujifilm S3000 Specifications
|Number of Effective Pixels||3.2 million pixels|
|CCD Sensor||1/2.7-inch CCD (Number of Total Pixels: 3.34 million pixels)|
|Number of Recorded Pixels||2048 x 1536, 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960, 640 x 480 pixels|
|File formats||Still image: JPEG (Exif Ver 2.2), Movie: AVI (Motion JPEG)|
|Storage media||xD-Picture Card (16MB to 512MB)|
|Recording capacity with one 16MB xD- Picture Card (included)||
|Digital zoom||3.2x (640 x 480), 1.6x (1280 x 960), 1.28x (1600 x 1200)|
|Lens focal Length||Equivalent to 38-228mm on a 35mm camera|
|Focus Distance||Normal: 2.6 ft - inf., Macro: 0.3 ft - 2.6 ft.|
|Aperture||F 2.8/F4.8/F8.2(Automatically selected)|
|Viewfinder||0.33 inch 110,000 Pixel EVF|
|Exposure control||64-zone TTL metering Program AE (Exposure Comp. available in Manual Mode)|
|Exposure modes||Auto, Manual (Aperture Priority, Exposure Compensation)|
|Sensitivity||Equivalent to ISO 100 (with flash off) Equivalent to ISO 100-200 (with flash on)|
|Shutter speed||3 to 1/1500 sec.|
|White balance||Auto, 6 positions selectable in Manual Mode (Fine, Shade, Daylight Fluorescent, Warm White Fluorescent, Fluorescent (Cool White), Incandescent Light)|
|Flash||Auto flash using flash control sensor 5 modes (auto, red-eye reduction, forced flash, suppressed flash, slow synchro with red-eye reduction) Effective range: Wide: 1ft - 11.5ft. Tele: 2.6ft. - 11.5ft.|
|LCD monitor||1.8-inches amorphous silicon TFT (62,000 pixels)|
|Video output||NTSC, PAL|
|Digital Interface||USB interface|
|Power source||4 AA type Alkaline batteries or AC-5V power adapter (optional)|
|Dimensions||3.9(W) x 3.0(H) x 2.7(D) inch|
|Weight||10 ounces (without batteries or storage media)|
|Shooting modes||Auto, Manual, Scene position, Movie, Continuous Shooting|
|Movie Recording||320 x 240 pixels up to 60sec. / 160 x 120 pixels up to 240sec.: 10 fps, AVI (Motion JPEG) without sound|
|Playback||Single frame (with max.13x playback zoom), 9 multi- frame|
|Others||Self-timer: approximately 10 sec. Language: E/G/F/S/Chinese|
|Accessories included||16MB xD-Picture Card 4 AA-size Alkaline Batteries Shoulder Strap Lens Adapter Ring Lens Cap USB Cable FinePixViewer 4.1 ImageMixer VCD 2 for FinePix|
|Optional Accessories||AC-5V AC Adapter PC Card Adapter DPC-AD Compact Flash(TM) Card Adapter DPC-CF Image Memory Card Reader DPC-R1 Rechargeable Battery 2HR-3UF (2 AA-type Ni-MH) Tele Conversion Lens TL-FX9/FX 9B Wide Conversion Lens WL-FX9/FX 9B Soft Case SC-FX 304|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%