PMA 2007: Next up is the entry-level Photosmart M537 Digital Camera, a 6 megapixel, 3x zoom model with HP Steady Photo Anti Shake (ISO boost anyone? There's certainly no moving parts involved). Another wrist slap goes out to HP for putting '18x zoom' in the headline spec... we don't count the digital bit guys! Thought that died out years ago...
HP Photosmart M437 Digital Camera
It’s easy to shoot beautiful 5-megapixel photos with the HP Photosmart M437 Digital Camera – just grab it and start snapping. Easy buttons and menus make photo-taking simple, while the bright, 5.08cm (2-inch) display shows every detail.
The HP Photosmart M437 features excellent image quality - it comes with 3x optical and 5x digital zoom for prints and enlargements up to poster size. Pictures are easy to control and edit with HP steady photo anti-shake and HP Real Life technologies such as HP Design Gallery and in-camera red-eye removal.(1)
Key Features and Benefits
- 5-megapixels for beautiful 10x15cm (4x6-inch) prints and enlargements up to poster size.
- Zoom in for clear distance shots with 15x total zoom - 3x optical, 5x digital.
- Easily see your photos – indoors or out – on a bright, 5.08cm (2-inch) display.
- HP steady photo anti-shake feature helps to prevent blurred photos in lower light, accounting for hand shake and moving subjects.
- Get everything you need to start sharing photos right out of the box, including batteries and 16MB internal memory.
- Grab the camera and start snapping – intuitive buttons and easy menus make photo-taking a breeze.
- Recording your moving memories is simple using one-touch video with audio.
- Tag your favourite photos right on the camera, making organisation and sharing easier when you upload to HP Photosmart Essential software.
- Microsoft Windows Vista™ ready.
- HP Real Life technologies help take the guesswork out of digital photography, making it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include:
Industry-leading in-camera red-eye removal.(1)
HP Design Gallery adds creativity right on the camera with the ability to change colours and add borders to photos right on the camera — no PC or software required.
- Snap a photo and decide right away where to email it, using HP Photosmart Express.
- Meets HP’s General Specification for the Environment, which includes compliance with the EU ROHS Directive (focus: lead, cadmium, mercury, PBDE, PBDP).(2)
- Get brilliant photos without leaving home using Snapfish, an online service of HP.(3)
- Easily recharge and transfer photos to your PC or printer, using optional HP Photosmart 2200 Digital Camera Dock.(4)
- Spend more time snapping and sharing photos by easily charging the HP Photosmart M437 digital camera with the optional HP Photosmart Easy Recharge Kit for AA Cameras.(4)
- 5-megapixel resolution
- 15x zoom - 3x optical, 5x digital
- Dimensions/Weight: 9.6cm (3.78in) (W) x 3.1cm (1.23in) (D) x 6.4cm (2.52in) (H) (includes protrusions) 131 grams without battery
- PictBridge support
- JPEG (Exif 2.2)
- Support/Connectivity: USB Connectivity, USB-compatible PC with Windows Vista, 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64, USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.3.9, 10.4 and later
HP offers a standard one-year limited hardware warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. For more information please go to www.hp.com/support.
Pricing and Availability
Estimated street price €119. Price stated is EMEA Manufacturer’s Recommended Selling Price (MRSP) including VAT and is subject to change – actual price may vary by country.
Expected to be available for purchase April 2007 in EMEA.
1 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/noredeye.
2 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/environment.
3 Snapfish availability varies by region.
4 HP Photosmart camera docks not included. Please purchase separately.
1/2.5 " Type CCD
|Movie clips||320 x 240 @ 24fps|
|File formats|| JPEG Exif 2.2
|Lens|| 3x optical zoom
38-114mm (35mm equiv)
|Digital zoom||up to 5x|
|AF assist lamp||n/a|
|Focus distance|| Normal: 0.3m - infinity
Tele: 0.35m - infinity
Macro Wide: 0.05 - 0.8m
Macro Tele: 0.35 - 1.2m
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
ISO 800 (with HP Steady Photo)
|Exposure compensation||+/-2EV in 1/2 steps|
|Self timer||10 sec|
|Continuous shooting||2fps, max 3 frames|
|Image parameters||Color Control: Full Color, B&W, Sepia, B&W tints|
Flash On / Off
Auto with Red-eye Reduction
Range: 3.1m (wide) 1.8m (tele)
|Connectivity|| USB 2.0
HP Photosmart 2200 Camera Charging Dock
|Storage|| SD 1.1 card compatible
16MB internal memory
|Power|| 2x AA Alkaline / Photo Lithium / Rechargeable NiMH batteries
|Weight (no batt)||131 g|
|Dimensions||96 x 31 x 64 mm / 3.78 x 1.23 x 2.52 in|
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
|Smile by Olymguy|
from Ultra Asian Indian Female Faces
|Space Shuttle Cockpit- by vbuhay|
from Aircraft Control Stick
Just a guy wearing a VR headset, smashing invisible Goombas in Central Park.
NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter captured this gorgeous aerial photo of the Martian landscape. And if you look really close, you can actually see the Mars Curiosity rover in the very middle.
The city of Laguna Beach, California has provided some clarification around the kinds of photography permits it offers.
Later this year, a VR180 camera will be Joining Yi's Halo and 360 VR cameras, which will offer stereo 3D capture, yet be as easy to use and compact as a 2D camera.
Caltech researchers have developed an 'optical phased array' chip that uses time delays instead of a lens to focus the incoming light.
Pricing and shipping have finally been revealed for two highly anticipated lenses from Sigma, announced in February.
These macro photos of clouds of paint billowing through clear water might look like high-quality CGI, but they're real photographs. And photographer Alberto Seveso told us how they were made.
Facebook is testing a feature that prevents people from saving, sharing, or even taking a screenshot of your profile picture.
We've reshot the Sony a9 in our studio. The short story: it's sharper! The long story... well you can read it all here.
The collection will be officially launched during the Europeana Transcribathon Campus Berlin 2017 crowdsourcing event which will be held on 22 and 23 June at the Berlin State Library.
Light gives us some insight into the preparations for the launch of the pre-order shipments of its much anticipated L16 multi-lens camera.
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei has confirmed in a tweet that the second lens on the back of the OnePlus 5 uses a 1.6x optical zoom and that digital zoom is used to reach the claimed 2x zoom factor.
Fujifilm recently unveiled the second in its series of affordable cine lenses, the MK50-135mm T2.9. We got our hands on it for a couple days and took it for a spin.
Leica's first attempt at an M-series digital rangefinder was rough around the edges, but set a pattern for all of the cameras that came after it. In this week's Throwback Thursday article, Barney remembers the M8.
No stranger to extreme situations, legendary climber and filmmaker Jimmy Chin talks to Outside Magazine about his career, and the challenge of filming Alex Honnold's rope-free solo climb of El Capitain.
A company backed by Android co-founder Andy Rubin is attempting to make video conferencing less terrible.
Rangefinder magazine asked five professional portrait and wedding photographers about posting on Instagram; no surprise, they got five different answers.
This captivating stop motion film was created by stripping away one layer of wood at a time. It's hard to look away.
It will enable users to simulate the presence of the sun, moon and Milky Way and see how they interact with an area's topography.
Since its introduction in November last year Instagram's live streaming feature has been used by millions, but videos could not be archived for watching at a later stage. A new update has now added the capability.
CopyTrack's study also found that the second most-stolen image is a woman wearing painted jeans. That's apparently a thing.
Forget expensive lenses with fancy coatings and special lens elements – photographer Robin de Puy took these portraits using just a water drop for a lens.
Adobe reports a record quarterly revenue of $1.77 billion for the second quarter fiscal year 2017 ended June 2, 2017.
Zeiss says its new lens is particularly suited for portrait photography but also a good all-rounder and can be used in video applications.
We present to you the top photos from the Kennel Club's 2017 Dog Photographer of the Year photo contest – take a look at 10 of the award-winning puppers.
In case you were looking for any more inspiration to go fly one.
Following a couple of successful Kickstarter campaigns, Videre 35mm's creator has re-tooled the camera with sturdier components and a simpler user assembly process.
The two hour long video covers everything an aspiring drone pilot needs to know.
This is what happens when a Canon 17-85mm F4-5.6 lens meets 60,000 PSI of water pressure. Spoiler Alert: the water jet always wins.
Andrew Harnik discusses the challenges – and rewarding moments – of a career making images for the Associated Press in his native DC.