PMA 2007: Next up is the entry-level Photosmart M537 Digital Camera, a 6 megapixel, 3x zoom model with HP Steady Photo Anti Shake (ISO boost anyone? There's certainly no moving parts involved). Another wrist slap goes out to HP for putting '18x zoom' in the headline spec... we don't count the digital bit guys! Thought that died out years ago...
HP Photosmart M437 Digital Camera
It’s easy to shoot beautiful 5-megapixel photos with the HP Photosmart M437 Digital Camera – just grab it and start snapping. Easy buttons and menus make photo-taking simple, while the bright, 5.08cm (2-inch) display shows every detail.
The HP Photosmart M437 features excellent image quality - it comes with 3x optical and 5x digital zoom for prints and enlargements up to poster size. Pictures are easy to control and edit with HP steady photo anti-shake and HP Real Life technologies such as HP Design Gallery and in-camera red-eye removal.(1)
Key Features and Benefits
- 5-megapixels for beautiful 10x15cm (4x6-inch) prints and enlargements up to poster size.
- Zoom in for clear distance shots with 15x total zoom - 3x optical, 5x digital.
- Easily see your photos – indoors or out – on a bright, 5.08cm (2-inch) display.
- HP steady photo anti-shake feature helps to prevent blurred photos in lower light, accounting for hand shake and moving subjects.
- Get everything you need to start sharing photos right out of the box, including batteries and 16MB internal memory.
- Grab the camera and start snapping – intuitive buttons and easy menus make photo-taking a breeze.
- Recording your moving memories is simple using one-touch video with audio.
- Tag your favourite photos right on the camera, making organisation and sharing easier when you upload to HP Photosmart Essential software.
- Microsoft Windows Vista™ ready.
- HP Real Life technologies help take the guesswork out of digital photography, making it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include:
Industry-leading in-camera red-eye removal.(1)
HP Design Gallery adds creativity right on the camera with the ability to change colours and add borders to photos right on the camera — no PC or software required.
- Snap a photo and decide right away where to email it, using HP Photosmart Express.
- Meets HP’s General Specification for the Environment, which includes compliance with the EU ROHS Directive (focus: lead, cadmium, mercury, PBDE, PBDP).(2)
- Get brilliant photos without leaving home using Snapfish, an online service of HP.(3)
- Easily recharge and transfer photos to your PC or printer, using optional HP Photosmart 2200 Digital Camera Dock.(4)
- Spend more time snapping and sharing photos by easily charging the HP Photosmart M437 digital camera with the optional HP Photosmart Easy Recharge Kit for AA Cameras.(4)
- 5-megapixel resolution
- 15x zoom - 3x optical, 5x digital
- Dimensions/Weight: 9.6cm (3.78in) (W) x 3.1cm (1.23in) (D) x 6.4cm (2.52in) (H) (includes protrusions) 131 grams without battery
- PictBridge support
- JPEG (Exif 2.2)
- Support/Connectivity: USB Connectivity, USB-compatible PC with Windows Vista, 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64, USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.3.9, 10.4 and later
HP offers a standard one-year limited hardware warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. For more information please go to www.hp.com/support.
Pricing and Availability
Estimated street price €119. Price stated is EMEA Manufacturer’s Recommended Selling Price (MRSP) including VAT and is subject to change – actual price may vary by country.
Expected to be available for purchase April 2007 in EMEA.
1 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/noredeye.
2 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/environment.
3 Snapfish availability varies by region.
4 HP Photosmart camera docks not included. Please purchase separately.
1/2.5 " Type CCD
|Movie clips||320 x 240 @ 24fps|
|File formats|| JPEG Exif 2.2
|Lens|| 3x optical zoom
38-114mm (35mm equiv)
|Digital zoom||up to 5x|
|AF assist lamp||n/a|
|Focus distance|| Normal: 0.3m - infinity
Tele: 0.35m - infinity
Macro Wide: 0.05 - 0.8m
Macro Tele: 0.35 - 1.2m
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
ISO 800 (with HP Steady Photo)
|Exposure compensation||+/-2EV in 1/2 steps|
|Self timer||10 sec|
|Continuous shooting||2fps, max 3 frames|
|Image parameters||Color Control: Full Color, B&W, Sepia, B&W tints|
Flash On / Off
Auto with Red-eye Reduction
Range: 3.1m (wide) 1.8m (tele)
|Connectivity|| USB 2.0
HP Photosmart 2200 Camera Charging Dock
|Storage|| SD 1.1 card compatible
16MB internal memory
|Power|| 2x AA Alkaline / Photo Lithium / Rechargeable NiMH batteries
|Weight (no batt)||131 g|
|Dimensions||96 x 31 x 64 mm / 3.78 x 1.23 x 2.52 in|
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
|Waffles with fruits by Coolinarka|
from Food photography (desserts)
|Vestrahorn Frozen Reflection by Will B Milner|
from Ice cold
As summer really gets going over here in the Northern hemisphere, the team at Imaging Resource has put together a list of the best cameras for backpacking.
The Ukrainian Parliament banned statues of Lenin in 2015. Two years later, the monuments no longer adorn public buildings or stand watch over town squares, but they're still there.
If you had to choose one camera to bring along for the ultimate West coast road trip, what would it be? DPR's Sam Spencer choose the X100F. Read more
The a9 boasts impressive capability. As more examples of it in practice pour in, Sony's claims hold up. Watch the a9 track and maintain focus on a rapidly approaching basketball.
Last week, more than a million tonnes of Californian coastline slid into the ocean, taking part of Highway 1 with it. Check out the remodeling in photos taken before and after the landslide.
Even after eighteen months of reviewing the latest, greatest, shiniest and must-buy-me-est new gear, DPReview staffer Carey Rose has continued to use older DSLR cameras for his freelance work. But now, that might be changing. Read more
Sony is the world's leading mirrorless camera brand but remains third for ILCs overall, it's said in a presentation to investors. A focus on high value cameras and lenses should boost operating income, it says. Read more
It's nicknamed the 'Cycloptic Mustard Monster,' and is a 3D printed medium format camera. Read more
The new NanGuang LED lights are battery powered and come with accessories including filters and diffusers.
Have you been telling yourself, "Hey, I really need one of those 8K displays?" A video about Dell's new 8K monitor shows you what to expect. Is it really that much better?
Tamara Lackey, a Nikon ambassador USA and pro shooter, discusses embracing self-consciousness as a means of connecting with subjects.
There's a new Spiderman movie coming out and the poster been generating a lot of online chatter. Mostly about how it looks like the creation of a fevered teenager that just discovered Photoshop.
An honest defense of the system's merits, with photos as proof.
Copyright disputes are no fun at all. 'Binded' is a new startup that aims to simplify the process of registering - and enforcing - copyright for photographers. Read more
Not everyone wants to pay a premium for a long zoom camera. Thankfully, there are many reasonably priced cameras available, though they won't offer the same image quality as enthusiast models. In this updated roundup we look at big zoom cameras with more consumer-friendly price tags. Read more
Think Tank Photo has updated two of its popular bag lines with improvements to functionality. Read more
We’ve all seen Bob Jackson’s Pulitzer Prize winning photo, but there's another.
The sample footage looks good.
It will automatically pick the best camera settings depending on shooting conditions. It even promises enhanced functionality for your camera, like exposure and focus stacking. It already supports many cameras from Canon, Fuji, Nikon and Sony. Read more
As if $13,950 wasn’t enough to pay for a special edition lens, the Leica Store in San Francisco is offering a prototype of said lens for $24,995. Read more
Make those old photos disappear without deleting them forever.
Firmware updates enable 10 fps shooting with adapted A-mount lenses, and faster startup times and better compatibility for 20 fps shooting when using native lenses on the a9.
Fujifilm has released firmware updates for its camera models X-T2, X-Pro2, GFX 50s, X-T20, X100F and X-T1 and updates to three of its software products.
A 22 year-old Romanian photographer uses his DJI Phantom 4 drone to capture unique perspectives of the city where he now lives.
What's it like to ride the waves with champion surfer Kelly Slater? This VR video from Teton Gravity Research gives you a taste.
When Nikon released the full-frame D3 in 2007, it changed the professional photography industry. In this week's Throwback Thursday, Barney remembers a legend. Read more
The new stuff should have better red hues, improved sensitivity and finer grain - but don't worry - will still shift blues to green, greens to purple and yellows to pink.
Ricoh has introduced a new rugged compact camera with a 16MP CMOS sensor, 28-140mm lens, 2.7" LCD and built-in LED macro lights. Read more
This compact drone can shoot HD video using a 2-axis stabilized 12MP camera. Read more
The new Prynt Pocket can print a photo directly from their iPhone simply by inserting the phone into the printer, then snapping a photo. Each print will cost about 50 cents. Read more