PMA 2007: Next up is the entry-level Photosmart M537 Digital Camera, a 6 megapixel, 3x zoom model with HP Steady Photo Anti Shake (ISO boost anyone? There's certainly no moving parts involved). Another wrist slap goes out to HP for putting '18x zoom' in the headline spec... we don't count the digital bit guys! Thought that died out years ago...
HP Photosmart M437 Digital Camera
It’s easy to shoot beautiful 5-megapixel photos with the HP Photosmart M437 Digital Camera – just grab it and start snapping. Easy buttons and menus make photo-taking simple, while the bright, 5.08cm (2-inch) display shows every detail.
The HP Photosmart M437 features excellent image quality - it comes with 3x optical and 5x digital zoom for prints and enlargements up to poster size. Pictures are easy to control and edit with HP steady photo anti-shake and HP Real Life technologies such as HP Design Gallery and in-camera red-eye removal.(1)
Key Features and Benefits
- 5-megapixels for beautiful 10x15cm (4x6-inch) prints and enlargements up to poster size.
- Zoom in for clear distance shots with 15x total zoom - 3x optical, 5x digital.
- Easily see your photos – indoors or out – on a bright, 5.08cm (2-inch) display.
- HP steady photo anti-shake feature helps to prevent blurred photos in lower light, accounting for hand shake and moving subjects.
- Get everything you need to start sharing photos right out of the box, including batteries and 16MB internal memory.
- Grab the camera and start snapping – intuitive buttons and easy menus make photo-taking a breeze.
- Recording your moving memories is simple using one-touch video with audio.
- Tag your favourite photos right on the camera, making organisation and sharing easier when you upload to HP Photosmart Essential software.
- Microsoft Windows Vista™ ready.
- HP Real Life technologies help take the guesswork out of digital photography, making it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include:
Industry-leading in-camera red-eye removal.(1)
HP Design Gallery adds creativity right on the camera with the ability to change colours and add borders to photos right on the camera — no PC or software required.
- Snap a photo and decide right away where to email it, using HP Photosmart Express.
- Meets HP’s General Specification for the Environment, which includes compliance with the EU ROHS Directive (focus: lead, cadmium, mercury, PBDE, PBDP).(2)
- Get brilliant photos without leaving home using Snapfish, an online service of HP.(3)
- Easily recharge and transfer photos to your PC or printer, using optional HP Photosmart 2200 Digital Camera Dock.(4)
- Spend more time snapping and sharing photos by easily charging the HP Photosmart M437 digital camera with the optional HP Photosmart Easy Recharge Kit for AA Cameras.(4)
- 5-megapixel resolution
- 15x zoom - 3x optical, 5x digital
- Dimensions/Weight: 9.6cm (3.78in) (W) x 3.1cm (1.23in) (D) x 6.4cm (2.52in) (H) (includes protrusions) 131 grams without battery
- PictBridge support
- JPEG (Exif 2.2)
- Support/Connectivity: USB Connectivity, USB-compatible PC with Windows Vista, 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64, USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.3.9, 10.4 and later
HP offers a standard one-year limited hardware warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. For more information please go to www.hp.com/support.
Pricing and Availability
Estimated street price €119. Price stated is EMEA Manufacturer’s Recommended Selling Price (MRSP) including VAT and is subject to change – actual price may vary by country.
Expected to be available for purchase April 2007 in EMEA.
1 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/noredeye.
2 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/environment.
3 Snapfish availability varies by region.
4 HP Photosmart camera docks not included. Please purchase separately.
1/2.5 " Type CCD
|Movie clips||320 x 240 @ 24fps|
|File formats|| JPEG Exif 2.2
|Lens|| 3x optical zoom
38-114mm (35mm equiv)
|Digital zoom||up to 5x|
|AF assist lamp||n/a|
|Focus distance|| Normal: 0.3m - infinity
Tele: 0.35m - infinity
Macro Wide: 0.05 - 0.8m
Macro Tele: 0.35 - 1.2m
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
ISO 800 (with HP Steady Photo)
|Exposure compensation||+/-2EV in 1/2 steps|
|Self timer||10 sec|
|Continuous shooting||2fps, max 3 frames|
|Image parameters||Color Control: Full Color, B&W, Sepia, B&W tints|
Flash On / Off
Auto with Red-eye Reduction
Range: 3.1m (wide) 1.8m (tele)
|Connectivity|| USB 2.0
HP Photosmart 2200 Camera Charging Dock
|Storage|| SD 1.1 card compatible
16MB internal memory
|Power|| 2x AA Alkaline / Photo Lithium / Rechargeable NiMH batteries
|Weight (no batt)||131 g|
|Dimensions||96 x 31 x 64 mm / 3.78 x 1.23 x 2.52 in|
Nov 8, 2007
Jun 22, 2007
Mar 8, 2007
Mar 8, 2007