Site contributor Vincent Bockaert has today announced a totally new version of his excellent 'The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite'. A favorite piece of reference material I never hesitate to recommend this excellent interactive electronic book which will provide you with both pathways for learning as well as reference. No matter what your knowledge level there will be plenty to learn from the 123 of digital imaging. On top of a major expansion in content (now 4,200 pages covering 153 topics) the new version is now fully Mac OS X compatible and has a completely redesigned user interface.
123di.com announces "The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite - Version 5.0" for Windows and Macintosh
A publication like no other, the usage of animations and user-interactivity makes 123di an unrivalled and unmatched digital photography learning tool.
123di covers all aspects of the digital imaging workflow:
- Understanding digital imaging and digital camera selection
- Enhance your images in the "pixelroom"
- Manage, view, share, and print your images
Highly Integrated and Interactive Content
123di contains over 4,200 interactive screen-size pages filled with thousands of full color graphics and animations organized into 153 topics. The practical content is highly cross-referenced with digital photography background theory.
Three Selectable User Levels
1. Starter sections are like "executive summaries". These brief introductions with simplified and synthesized content are ideal if the reader has little time and wants to keep it simple.
2. Essential sections get the reader up to speed quickly and are a must read for beginners. But even for advanced readers they are a nice refresher before diving into the advanced sections. Image editing tutorials in the essential sections are based on Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, 5, 4, 3 & 2.
3. Advanced sections build on the essential sections and are more in-depth and detailed, and technical at times. Image editing tutorials in the advanced sections are based on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Photoshop CS3, CS2, CS, and 7, including Photoshop CS3 Extended features that are relevant for digital photography.
10 Key Software Packages Covered
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 Editor, Photoshop Elements 3, 4, 5 & 6 Organizer, Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2, CS3 & CS3 Extended, and Photoshop Lightroom are featured with animated tutorials and unique interactive graphical user interfaces. Clicking on any menu item, tool, or palette in the interactive interfaces brings the user to the corresponding explanation page which also links to practical tutorials and theoretical background information within 123di. Many other software packages such as ACDSee 9 & 10, PTGui, Photorescue, etc. are also briefly covered.
A separate version for Nikon users covers, Nikon Scan 3 & 4, Nikon Capture 4.4 & Capture NX 1.3, and Camera Control Pro 2, in addition to the content of the regular version.
A Canon version, covering Canon DPP, Canon printers, and Canon technology will be available in the second quarter of 2008.
Users of the regular version can upgrade to the Nikon or Canon version at any time by topping up the price difference (no additional upgrade fee).
Besides reading 123di like a printed book, 123di offers many alternative ways to quickly find the information such as the above mentioned interactive graphical user interfaces, digital imaging workflow diagrams, index, before and after images, frequently asked digital imaging questions, interactive slide show, custom bookmarks, etc.
Complete Theory on Digital Photography
123di has extensive coverage on digital photography concepts such as resolution, compression, color bit depth, dynamic range, noise, focal length multiplier, sensor types, etc. The inner workings of cameras, scanners, accessories, monitors, and printers are explained in detail. Detailed full color graphics, animations, interactive simulations and interactive calculators allow for an accelerated way of learning that gets the reader involved.
Buying Guides for Cameras, Scanners, Monitors, and Printers
Detailed buying guides for cameras, scanners, monitors, printers, and accessories help in the reader's buying decision process.
Practical Image Editing Techniques
Useful image editing techniques cover various approaches to create spectacular images and overcome limitations of the scene, the photographer, or the camera.
Color management is featured throughout 123di to ensure consistent and accurate color during the entire workflow. The coverage is substantially improved in Version 5.0, covering both Macintosh and Windows platforms.
Working in RAW
123di has a comprehensive practical and theoretical coverage of working in RAW. Practical examples are based on Adobe Camera Raw for all Adobe Photoshop versions. The Nikon version also covers Capture NX 1.3 and Nikon Capture 4.4, while the upcoming Canon version will cover Canon DPP.
New Content in Version 5.0
- Content updated for Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Extensive coverage of Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 (Editor and Organizer), Photoshop Lightroom, Photoshop CS3 & CS3 Extended, including Camera Raw 4, from a digital photographer's perspective. The content about Photoshop Elements 2, 3, 4 & 5 and Photoshop 7, CS & CS2 is still included.
- Chapter 12 - "Working in RAW mode" is updated for Adobe Camera Raw 4.x, Capture NX 1.3 (for the Nikon version), and in-depth RAW background information to get the most out of RAW images. The content of Nikon Capture 4.4, Camera Raw 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x is still included.
- Extensive revision of the color management and printing content, including coverage of CBL Lens, and Datacolor Spyder3Elite and Spyder3Print.
- Thousands of modifications and updates were made to the content and hundreds of pages were added to keep 123di fully updated with the latest technology changes.
New Features in Version 5.0
- Brand new Content Visualization Engine for Windows and Macintosh (Universal Binary).
- More than 500 fully controllable animations with “back”, “forward”, “play”, and “pause” buttons.
- Print button to print individual pages as a reference.
- Compared to the Standard Edition, the new Extended Edition comes with additional navigation features:
- New Search Engine providing instant results
- “Add Bookmarks” and “View Bookmarks” buttons allowing the reader to add and organize an unlimited number of bookmarks
- “Add Notes” button to add notes to any page.
- Transfer Bookmarks & Notes between computers
- Reduce or enlarge the default font size to enhance readability.
- Opens on the Last Page you viewed in your previous session.
- Opens with the window size and position of your previous 123di session.
- Users can upgrade from the Standard to the Extended Edition at any time by topping up the price difference (no additional upgrade fee).
Unlike printed books, 123di is regularly updated with the latest technology at very affordable upgrade rates so the initial investment in 123di is preserved. Upgrades to the Full Version 5.0 - Standard Edition are free for readers who bought Version 4.0 on or after December 1, 2007. Otherwise, upgrades start from just US$9.95.
During the last 8 years, 123di developed and enhanced its own content visualization engine specifically optimized for a unique computer-based interactive digital photography learning experience. Version 5.0 comes with a newly developed content visualization engine with new features and enhanced performance that is compatible with both Windows (2000/XP/VISTA) and Macintosh (OS X 10.4 or higher) platforms.
123di is a leader and innovator in the creation of interactive learning content for users of digital cameras and image editing software. The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite is sold in more than 70 countries in a variety of formats: download, mailorder, retail, and high volume OEM, corporate, and educational volume licenses. 123di is not only popular among individual digital camera users from beginners to professionals, but is also used as a reference in schools, manufacturers of sensors, chipsets, cameras, and memory cards, as well as imaging departments in government organizations such as the army, forensics, and police forces.
Cooperation between 123di and Nikon Canada
Since 2004, 123di is supplied free of charge with every Nikon digital SLR sold in Canada. Based on the success of the bundling of the Full Version 4.0 of 123di, Nikon Canada is now offering the Full Version 5.0 for Nikon - Extended Edition (for Macintosh and Windows) to all users buying a digital SLR in Canada.
Peter Burke, President and CEO of Nikon Canada: “123di enhances the experience with our Nikon D-SLR cameras and software during all stages of the workflow. The integration of easy-to-understand theory with hands-on tutorials, available in three levels makes this an invaluable tool for all our D-SLR customers,
regardless of their level of experience.”
Free Macintosh and Windows demos can be downloaded from http://www.123di.com
Dec 17, 2009
Aug 6, 2009
Mar 2, 2007
Mar 16, 2011
|_F0A5334-Edit_small by Dester Wallaboo|
from Open Air Fashion Photography
|Old Harry's Rocks by John93Robertson|
from View from the top - Sea