PMA 2003: Toshiba has today announced its new PDR-4300 four-megapixel digital camera with a 2.8x optical zoom, macro capability up to 6-inches and comprehensive manual controls. Doug Freck, Vice President & General Manager, Toshiba Imaging Systems Division. Our new PDR-4300 ideally meets these demands with its powerful four-megapixel CCD, its professional-grade, all-glass lens system, its fully array of manual controls, and an operation that is comparable to a film-based point-and-shoot model. And at $379, we believe it is the best value in the four-megapixel digital camera category.
Toshiba Unveils New PDR-4300 Four-Megapixel Digital Camera at PMA 2003
Priced at $379, New Toshiba Camera Combines Point-and-Shoot Convenience With Advanced Manual Controls, Powerful 2400 x 1600 Resolution & Low Cost of Ownership
LAS VEGAS, NV, March 2, 2003 (PMA Show Toshiba Booth #L112) Toshibas new PDR-4300 four-megapixel digital camera merges the companys expertise in digital imaging with a simple control layout and portable design that makes this new camera exceptionally easy to enjoy, operate and take along.
The latest addition to Toshibas growing family of consumer-class digital cameras, the PDR-4300 was unveiled today at the Photo Marketing Show in Las Vegas by Toshiba Imaging Systems, a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. It is expected to ship in mid-March with an MSRP of $379.
The PDR-4300 boasts brilliant 2400 x 1600 resolution, a full suite of professional-level manual options for control of light and exposure, along with a precise Canon® lens that sports a smooth 2.8X optical zoom to take full advantage of the powerful 4.0 megapixel CCD, and ensure high quality images with vivid, true-to-life color.
Digital photography is now within the consumer mainstream with both experienced and novice users demanding higher resolutions, improved optics and simpler operation, notes Doug Freck, Vice President & General Manager, Toshiba Imaging Systems Division. Our new PDR-4300 ideally meets these demands with its powerful four-megapixel CCD, its professional-grade, all-glass lens system, its fully array of manual controls, and an operation that is comparable to a film-based point-and-shoot model. And at $379, we believe it is the best value in the four-megapixel digital camera category.
Bridging the gap between the consumer and prosumer camera markets, the PDR-4300 is the perfect fusion of photo excellence, versatile multimedia functionality, and low cost of ownership. It is certain to appeal to both digital-photo novices and long-time enthusiasts alike with its rich feature-set.
- Resolution The impressive 4.0-megapixel CCD image sensor yields a maximum image size of 2400 x 1600, with user-selectable 1200 x 800 and 720 x 480 resolutions also available.
- Optics To produce stellar results from afar or close-up, the camera features an all-glass Canon lens equivalent to a 35-100 mm lens on a 35 mm camera, plus a 2.8X optical and 2.2X digital zoom (total 6X zoom), macro capability up to 6-inches, and a wide F2.9 aperture for improved light gathering. Shutter speed range is 1/1000 sec. to 1/2 second. The cameras flash, which is effective to a distance of 10 feet, provides four modes: automatic, red-eye reduction, fill in flash, and force off.
- Operation Though it can work as a simple, point-and-shoot camera, the PDR-4300 offers an arsenal of manual controls for the experienced photographer. Users can adjust for changes in white balance, exposure compensation, manual exposure, light metering (center, spot), ISO sensitivity (100/200/400), and continuous shooting. Exposure modes are program, full manual, shutter-priority, aperture-priority and scene select, while white balance modes are automatic, daylight, cloudy, incandescent light and two for fluorescent light.
- Memory For all day shooting, the PDR-4300 ships with a reusable 16MB Secure Digital® card capable of storing JPEG images at three compression levels fine, normal or basic. Depending on the image compression selected, it can record on the 16MB card 9, 14 or 28 pictures at 2400 x 1600 resolution; 30, 45 or 90 in 1200 x 800 resolution; or 75, 112 or 225 pictures at the 720 x 480 resolution. The camera is compatible with SD® cards up to 512MB that are capable of storing nearly 8,000 images.
- Multimedia Even the most dedicated still photographer will have fun with the PDR-4300s AVI Movie Mode. The camera captures 320 x 240 resolution video clips at 15 fps just as easily as it shoots still images. Not only is this multimedia function great for preserving fun memories of family and friends, it is ideal for sharing business information such as product demonstrations to customers, a home layout to potential buyers, or a keynote speech with far-flung colleagues.
- LCD/Viewfinder The PDR-4300 comes equipped with a bright 1.6-inch polysilicon color LCD monitor (279 x 229) and an optical viewfinder. n Downloading USB 1.0 high-speed transfer from camera to compatible computers (Windows 98/2000/ME/XP, Mac OS 9.2 or later, Mac OS 10.1 or later). Video output is also provided (NTSC/PAL).
- Accessories A complete digital imaging solution, the PDR-4300 camera ships with a 16MB SD memory card, 4 AA batteries, USB cable, video cable, an IR remote control, a hand strap, and a CD-ROM containing ACD System photo editing software, USB driver and an in-depth instruction manual.
Toshiba PDR-4300 specifications
|Sensor||4.0 megapixel CCD|
|Effective pixels||3.8 megapixel|
2400 x 1600
|Image quality|| Fine (JPEG)
|Lens||2.8x optical, 35 - 100 mm equiv., F2.9|
|Digital zoom||Yes, up to 2.2x|
Exposure compensation, manual exposure, light metering (center, spot)
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|White Balance|| Auto
Two for fluorescent light
|Exposure modes|| Program AE
|Shutter speed||1/1000 sec. to 1/2 second|
|Flash modes|| Auto
Auto & Red-Eye reduction
|Flash range (Auto ISO)||Upto 10 feet|
|Movie modes|| 320 x 240, 15 fps,
3 mins max *
* Depends on writing speed of storage card
|LCD monitor||1.6" 64,000 pixel|
|Storage||SD/MMC card (16 MB SD included)|
|Power||4 x AA batteries
|Connectivity|| DC in
USB 1.1(supports Direct-Print)
|Standard Accessories||16MB SD memory card, 4 AA batteries, USB cable, video cable, an IR remote control, a hand strap, and a CD-ROM containing ACD System photo editing software, USB driver and an in-depth instruction manual|
Mar 29, 2005
Jun 24, 2004
Jan 8, 2004
Sep 15, 2003
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)