Konica Minolta has today announced the development of a new prime lens; the AF 35 mm F1.4G (D). Despite being announced today this lens won't be released until 'Spring 2006' which we read to mean sometime after PMA. Note that this lens is the sucessor to the current AF 35 mm F1.4G. On a Maxxum 5D / 7D digital SLR this lens would produce an equivelant field of view of a 52.5 mm lens on a 35 mm film camera. Konica Minolta also note that this lens can still be used on 35 mm film SLR cameras.
KONICA MINOLTA ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF A NEW INTERCHANGEABLE LENS DESIGNED FOR THE MAXXUM LINE OF DIGITAL AND 35MM SLR CAMERAS
Konica Minolta AF 35mm f/1.4G (D) will be available in the spring of 2006
Mahwah, NJ (August 19, 2005) – Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc., announces the development of the Konica Minolta AF 35mm f/1.4G (D)* interchangeable lens for Maxxum digital and 35mm Single Lens-Reflex (SLR) cameras. The lens is planned for release in the spring of 2006.
“With the development of this new lens Konica Minolta not only expands it’s offering of lenses designed for the digital Maxxum series of cameras, but this lens also allows us to enhance our lineup of lenses available for Maxxum film cameras,” said Paul Zakrzewski, Director of Product Management for Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc.
The Konica Minolta AF 35mm f/1.4G (D) lens was developed as the successor model of the Konica Minolta AF 35mm f/1.4G lens that has been well accepted among photographers for the beautiful defocused effect rendered around the aperture. This new interchangeable lens was developed for use with both Konica Minolta Maxxum digital and 35mm film cameras and delivers clear and sharp images using a newly designed optical system. The lens also enables advanced flash metering capabilities due to a distance encoder that has been built into the lens.
Konica Minolta will continue to expand its lineup of lenses for digital and 35mm SLR cameras by developing new supporting lenses with features expected and found only on Konica Minolta products such as the G and STF Lenses whose wide diameter bring superior descriptive power to users.
- Wide f/1.4 bright high-performance wide-angle lens
- High picture quality across the entire focal range
- Built-in distance encoder (distance information provided internally by lens). Highly accurate ADI flash metering** when used with Maxxum digital SLR cameras and other Maxxum 35mm SLR bodies.
- Adopts the highly rated round aperture of the Konica Minolta AF 35mm F1.4G. Inherits the beautiful defocused effect particularly at distances at between open aperture and 2 f-stops narrower.
* Product name has been tentatively named for this release, with the final name to be announced at later date.
**ADI (Advanced Distance Integration) flash metering
Konica Minolta will continue to further upgrade the Maxxum system by developing interchangeable lenses, in order meet user needs on a higher level.
Maxxum is a trademark or registered trademark of Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%