Canon issues EOS 5D Mark III firmware v1.1.3, adding 40mm F2.8 support
Canon has announced updated firmware for the EOS 5D Mark III. Firmware v1.1.3 makes an unspecified change to accommodate the EF40mm F2.8 STM pancake prime lens announced earlier this month. Beyond this, the update fixes a series of bugs and corrects a series of linguistic errors in menu screens. The firmware is available for download from your local Canon support site now.
Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
- Supports the single focal length EF40mm f/2.8 STM lens that is to be released at the end of June, 2012.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which an image may become underexposed when using the Auto Lighting Optimizer for continuous Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) shooting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the backlight of the LCD monitor may not turn off depending on the camera settings and timing.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera's power may not turn on when a super-telephoto lens *1 is mounted to the camera with an extender*2.
*1) EF 300mm F2.8L IS II USM / EF 400mm F2.8L IS II USM
*2) Extender EF 1.4X III / Extender EF 2X III
- Corrects mistakes in the Dutch, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, and Swedish menu screens.
|Orange-tip Butterfly by anisah|
from Nature's Colour Palette
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power