Pre-PMA 2007: Site contributor Vincent Bockaert has today announced a whole new version of his excellent 'The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite'. I'm a firm believer that The 123 of digital imaging is a must have for all levels of digital photographer and that you only need to download the demo to realize that its true value goes way beyond the asking price. There's a new user interface and in addition to the wide range of digital imaging theory and application this edition covers Adobe Photoshop Album 2, Photoshop Elements 2, 3, 4 & 5, Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 as well as Nikon Capture 4.4 & NX 1.1. 123di will also be at PMA 2007, booth R160.
"The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite - Version 4.0"
The 123 of digital imaging combines several digital photography books into one comprehensive Interactive Learning Suite:
123di covers digital imaging via a three step workflow:
- Understanding digital imaging and digital camera selection
- Enhance your images in the "pixelroom"
- Manage, view, share, and print your images
Highly Integrated and Interactive Content
123di is packed with more than 3,500 interactive screen-size pages filled with thousands of full color graphics and animations organized into 145 topics in 20 chapters. The practical content is highly cross-referenced with digital photography background theory.
Three Selectable User Levels
- Starter sections are like "executive summaries". These brief introductions with simplified and synthesized content are ideal if the reader has little time and wants to keep it simple.
- Essential sections get the reader up to speed quickly and are a must read for beginners. But even for advanced readers they are a nice refresher before diving into the advanced sections. Image editing tutorials in the essential sections are based on Adobe Photoshop Elements 2, 3, 4, & 5.
- Advanced sections build on the essential sections and are more in-depth and detailed, and technical at times. Image editing tutorials in the advanced sections are based on Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, and CS2.
Ten Key Software Packages Covered
Adobe Photoshop Album 2, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2, 3, 4 & 5, Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, & CS2, and Nikon Capture 4.4 & Capture NX 1.1 are featured with animated tutorials and unique interactive graphical user interfaces. Clicking on any menu item, tool, or palette in the interactive interfaces brings the user to the corresponding explanation page which also links to practical tutorials and theoretical background information within 123di. Many other software packages such as ACDSee9, PTGui, Photorescue, etc. are also briefly covered.
Besides reading 123di like a printed book, 123di offers many alternative ways to quickly find the information such as the above mentioned interactive graphical user interfaces, digital imaging workflow diagrams, index, before and after images, frequently asked digital imaging questions, interactive slide show, etc.
Complete Theory on Digital Photography
123di has extensive coverage on digital photography concepts such as resolution, compression, color bit depth, dynamic range, noise, focal length multiplier, sensor types, and many more. The inner workings of cameras, scanners, accessories, monitors, and printers are explained in detail. Detailed full color graphics, animations, interactive simulations and interactive calculators allow for an accelerated way of learning that gets the reader involved.
Buying Guides for Cameras, Scanners, Monitors, and Printers
Detailed buying guides for cameras, scanners, monitors, printers, and accessories help in the reader's buying decision process.
Practical Image Editing Techniques
Useful image editing techniques cover various approaches to create spectacular images and overcome limitations of the scene, the photographer, or the camera.
Color management is featured throughout 123di to ensure consistent and accurate color during the entire workflow.
Working in RAW
123di has a comprehensive practical and theoretical coverage of working in RAW mode spanning more than 350 pages. Practical examples are based on Adobe Camera Raw for all Adobe Photoshop versions, and Nikon Capture 4.4, and Capture NX.
What's New in Version 4.0
- Brand new interface for improved readability, searching, and bookmarking of the content
- New navigation bar with “Add Bookmarks” and “View Bookmarks” buttons allowing the reader to add and organize an unlimited number of custom bookmarks
- Search results and custom bookmarks windows can be floated or docked into the 123di window
- Page layout, color scheme, and fonts are further optimized for reading on a computer.
- Page numbers for easy reference
- Improved search function works in the background while the user continues to read or navigate
- Larger 1,024 x 768 viewing window
- Extensive coverage of Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 & 5 from a digital photographer's perspective, including Elements Organizer 4 & 5, and Camera Raw 3.6. The content about Photoshop Album 2, Photoshop Elements 2 & 3, Photoshop 7 & CS & CS2 is still included and updated.
- Chapter 12 - "Working in RAW mode" is updated for Adobe Camera Raw 3.6, Capture NX, and in depth RAW background information to get the most out of RAW images. The content of Nikon Capture 4.4, Camera RAW 2.x, and 1.x is still included.
- New tutorials added, including a typical multi-step tutorial linking many techniques learned throughout 123di.
- Expanded coverage on how to organize and back up images for the long term.
- Thousands of modifications and updates were made to the content and hundreds of pages were added to keep 123di fully updated with the latest technology changes.
Unlike printed books, 123di is regularly updated with the latest technology at very affordable upgrade rates so the initial investment in 123di is preserved. Upgrades are free for readers who bought Version 3.5 on or after December 1, 2006. Special upgrade pricing is available for other readers, starting from just US$9.99.
Rather than relying on existing technology like PDF which is more optimized for printing, during the last 7 years, 123di developed and enhanced its own technology specifically optimized for a unique computer-based interactive digital photography learning experience.
123di is a leader and innovator in the creation of interactive learning content for users of digital camera and image editing software. The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite is sold worldwide in a variety of formats: download, mailorder, retail, and high volume OEM, corporate, and educational volume licenses. 123di is not only popular among individual digital camera users from beginners to professionals, but is also used as a reference in schools, manufacturers of sensors, chipsets, cameras, and memory cards, as well as imaging departments in government organizations such as the army, forensics, and police forces.
Cooperation between 123di and Nikon Canada
Since 2004, 123di is supplied free of charge with every Nikon digital SLR sold in Canada. Now, Nikon Canada has pushed the envelope by an unprecedented offering of the full unrestricted Version 4.0 of 123di with every digital SLR. The Nikon Canada version contains all the resources of the regular full-version and is further customized with content specific to the requirements of Nikon Canada.
Peter Burke, President and CEO of Nikon Canada: "We believe 123di enhances the value of our D-SLR cameras. More importantly 123di helps our customers get the most out of their Nikon with a unique blend of practical information and background theory that is presented in three levels, making 123di an indispensable tool to any serious digital photographer."
Visit Booth R160 at PMA 2007 in Las Vegas Convention Center South Hall for a live demonstration of 123di.
A free demo can be downloaded from http://www.123di.com
Dec 17, 2009
Aug 6, 2009
Mar 20, 2008
Mar 2, 2010
|Valley by the light of a blue moon by cjf2|
from Down in the Valley
|Lake Erie Stone Pier by yobbyt|
from Dock or Pier