Casio has announced a 7 megapixel version of the Casio Exilim Pro EX-P600, in the shape of the aptly named EX-P700. It retains the 2-inch LCD and 4x optical zoom found on its predecessor as well as EX-FINDER, which graphically displays shooting information. The Pro EX-P700 also now includes the Business Shot and Icon Help function which shows pop up explanations for icons on the screen. It is priced £499 ($TBC).
CASIO’s Award Winning EXILIM PRO RANGE Gets New 7 Megapixel Flagship
EX-P700 with 4x Optical Zoom increases the stylish EXILIM series
August 25th, 2004, LONDON, UK – CASIO ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. today announced the EXILIM PRO EX-P700, a remarkable high performance, high resolution model in the EXILIMÆ range of digital cameras. The EX-P700 offers the ease of use consumers have come to expect from compact cameras, along with stunningly beautiful high resolution images thanks to a 7.2 million pixel CCD imaging element and a full array of features that make digital photography a breeze.
The EXILIM CARD, ZOOM and PRO ranges of compact cameras are enjoying immense popularity around the world owing to their unique combination of high performance and stylish design, using the very latest in high density integration technology. Their resulting compact size enables users to take them anywhere, anytime for truly satisfying and high quality picture taking.
Following in the footsteps of the EX-P600, which recently won the prestigious European Imaging and Sound Association’s (EISA) ‘Digital Compact Camera Of The Year 2004 – 2005’ award, the EX-P700 offers some additional improvements that make it an even more impressive, flexible package. As before the EXILIM PRO EX-P700 has a 4x optical zoom (coupled with 4x digital zoom), combined with a large 2.0” TFT LCD screen, giving users impressive performance from the compact body. However, with its amazing 7.2 million pixel CCD and fast response design, this high end digital camera assures a new level of imaging capability. Its full array of functions and features, such as the Business Shot function which provides automatic alignment correction for photos taken at an angle, also push the limits of digital photography further.
The EX-P700’s performance and usability further reduces the difference between conventional compact cameras and full sized models, giving enthusiasts and casual picture takers alike the superior portability of an EXILIM camera with the breathtaking high resolution images afforded by much more expensive fully fledged SLR-type models. The EX-P700 represents the best of both worlds in the realm of digital photography.
High resolution 7.2 million pixel CCD with 4x optical zoom:
The stylish stainless steel body houses a high resolution 7.2 million pixel CCD imaging element and high performance Canon 4x optical zoom lens to deliver superb photo quality required of a pro-sumer camera.
Comprehensive high speed design:
Designed to give extremely fast response times in all that it does, results in a start up time of approximately 2.0 seconds and a 0.01 second release time lag. The EX-P700 also features a high speed continuous shooting function that can take 3 photos per second up to 5 photos.
New high performance functions:
Flash Assist -- Operates during flash photography to compensate for underexposure in areas which are not reached by flash
Auto Macro -- Automatically switches between Macro mode and AF mode as required
Business Shot -- Provides automatic alignment correction for photos taken at an angle, altering shots as though they were taken from a straight-on front position
Icon Help -- Uses pop-ups to guide the user during the switching of settings
Advanced imaging features:
Auto Bracketing -- Exposure, white balance and focus position are quickly altered after a single press of the shutter. In addition, the multi-bracketing feature enables a variety of shots with different colour effects to be taken in combination with the continuous shooting function.
Quick Response -- Manual shooting is made easier with the large 2.0” high definition TFT LCD screen, which clearly displays all necessary information about shooting and effects. Manual settings can be easily changed on screen for quicker shooting via the EX-button.
- Advanced image noise reduction for improved image quality, especially when shooting at night.
- Built-in speaker for voice recording and still image with audio playback, as well as movies with audio.
- High speed startup –ready to shoot about 2 seconds after power is turned on (with flash off).
- A release time lag of only 0.01 second. Image capture starts virtually as soon as the shutter is pressed.
- Multi-Auto Focus for automatic selection of the optimum focus point location from a 7 point multi-focus area. Free Auto Focus for selecting your own desired focus point location.
- Manual Assist gives a sample picture of the effect of changes in the manual settings.
- High speed playback scrolls through recorded images at 0.1 sec per image for faster image searching.
- Large 2.0” TFT LCD scratch resistant acrylic panel monitor.
- EX-FINDER graphically displays the picture information intuitively via the LCD display
- RGB Histogram creates a histogram in red, green, or blue separately for the optimum picture balance.
- The BESTSHOT mode with 27 pre-set scenarios in an instant. Simply select a sample scene similar to the image you want, and the camera’s settings are configured automatically.
- Bulb photography mode, which takes a continuous exposure, can be used with the included remote control to take perfect pictures without blurriness.
- A flash synch terminal enables the connection of external flash devices.
- Full month calendar screen shows a thumbnail of the first image recorded on each date.
- Slide Show function lets you enjoy a picture show right on the camera’s LCD display.
- The Alarm function sounds an alarm with a specified image at a preset time. A voice message can also be selected to play back at the alarm time.
- World Time lets you select one of 162 cities in 32 time zones around the world as your home time. When traveling, simply select the applicable city, and time and date settings are adjusted automatically.
- Triple Self-timer records three consecutive images, so you can select and keep the best one.
- Images can be stored in a Web browser format allowing you to browse images in an on screen album.
- Internal 8.9MB flash memory, can be supplemented with SD / MMC memory cards (card not included).
- Favourites folder lets you store favourite or private images so they are not displayed during normal playback.
- Connects directly to PictBridge and USB DIRECT-PRINT* compatible printers.
- Complies with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) and PRINT Image Matching III.
|Sensor|| 1/1.8" Type CCD
7.4 million total pixels
7.2 million effective pixels
|Image sizes|| 3072 x 2304
3072 x 2048 (3:2)
2304 x 1728
1600 x 1200
1280 x 960
640 x 480
|File formats|| Still: JPEG (EXIF 2.2) DCF standard
Movie: AVI (Motion JPEG)
Audio: WAV (monoaural)
|Quality levels|| xx|
|Movie clips|| 320 x 240 (15fps)
Limited only by storage
|Lens|| 4x optical zoom
33 - 132 mm equiv.
F2.8 - F4.0
8 elements in 7 groups (including aspherical element)
Lens barrier included
|Digital zoom||Up to 4x|
|Auto focus|| Phase detect sensor AF and Contrast AF
7-point multi-area focus area
|Focus range|| Normal: 0.4 m - Infinity
Macro: 10 - 50 cm
|Shooting modes|| Auto
27 BESTSHOT scene modes
|Sensitivity equiv.|| Auto
|Exposure compen.|| -2.0 to +2.0 EV
0.3 EV steps
|Bracketing||AE / WB / AF|
|Shutter speed|| 60 - 1/2000 sec
|Aperture|| Wide: F2.8 - F8.0 (10 steps)|
|White balance|| Auto
Presets (7 modes)
|Image parameters|| Color saturation
|Self-timer|| Normal: 2 or 10 sec
Remote control shutter release
Remote control with 2 sec delay
Range (wide): 0.4 - 3.6 m
Range (tele): 0.4 - 2.5 m
Modes: Auto, Flash On, Flash Off, Red Eye Reduction
External flash sync terminal
|Continuous drive|| 3 fps
Max 5 images
|LCD monitor|| 2.0" TFT LCD
|Print compliance|| DPOF
|Storage|| 9 MB Internal flash storage
|Power|| Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
PC Sync flash terminal
|Dimensions||98 x 68 x 45 mm (3.8 x 2.7 x 1.8 in)|
|Weight (no batt)||225 g (7.9 oz)|
|Standard accessories||Lithium Ion rechargeable battery; Battery charger; Card remote control; USB cable; AV cable; Strap; CD-ROM|
|High Altitude Rocky Mountain Railroad by cjf2|
from On the Rails...
|Evening at the lake. by Murat ÜNSAL|